Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dubai

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Help needed please fellow bluebirds I'm looking to book a all inclusive hotel to Dubai not expecting Spanish all inclusive but any body been to Dubai on a all inclusive package are they any good

Re: Dubai

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Help needed please fellow bluebirds I'm looking to book a all inclusive hotel to Dubai not expecting Spanish all inclusive but any body been to Dubai on a all inclusive package are they any good

I’m booked for early August (missing first game) and staying in Hilton Al Hamra resort.
Half hour from Dubai.
My advice is to check details of all inclusive before you book as in our hotel there’s only one of the 4 restaurants there that’s actually all inclusive. The others are based on vouchers. You have s certain amount that you can ‘spend’ in there if you’re AI and the rest you need to pay for. Won’t bother us as it’ll probably mean a £10 each top up every night.
Also, some places are not as forthcoming with the drinks as others.
Check out trip advisor. Yanks generally complain about everything but you can usually see a theme to the complaints that are probably more genuine.
When u planning to go mate?
We probably gonna be spending 90% of the day under umbrella as it’s between 90 and 110 degrees then. That’s how we got it so reasonably. :thumbup:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Alright lads :bluescarf:

I live in Abu Dabhi, I will make some enquirers etc, be prepared... heat will be savage it will be 100+...
I also have some free stuff so I can send them to your hotel , drop me a PM.

:ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:39 pm

Been to Dubai... Personally I wouldn't go all inclusive. Too many great places to see and eat. I went hotel and breakfast only. Stayed in old Dubai near the old souks. Fantastic. Great shopping, people are friendly and possibly the cleanest place I've ever been to.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:01 pm

I'll throw a curve ball go to Oman instead...

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Just come back from Dubai, try a hotel with club rooms , these give you access to a club lounge , free soft drinks ,teas and coffee. Snacks and a free bar for 2 hours in the evening . Beer usually around £10 a pint

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:47 am

Thanks for advice all looking for something different for wife's 50th in September did not realise it would be so hot so probably look to go elsewhere :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 am

I'm sat in the Emirates lounge in Dubai reading this. It's pretty much all inclusive! :occasion5:
:thumbup: