Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Flares at football games

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

What’s the law on this ?

Seem to be used all over Europe at games and no major issues there ? Looks absolutely class on clips I’ve seen on instagram

There’s clips of games in Poland and Holland where the atmosphere at games looks unreal compared to games in this country

What’s your views on it ?

Re: Flares at football games

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 pm

And before any one says it I don’t mean the trousers :lol:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Illegal full stop! clubs in Europe don't appear as strict but here don't even think of it .. :thumbright:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Illegal full stop! clubs in Europe don't appear strict but here don't even think of it .. :thumbright:

Is there a reason behind it then ? I think atmospheres at grounds would improve massively if we took a few tips off European fans

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Moff. wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Illegal full stop! clubs in Europe don't appear strict but here don't even think of it .. :thumbright:

Is there a reason behind it then ? I think atmospheres at grounds would improve massively if we took a few tips off European fans

It's a pyrotechnic as such it's dangerous because it is a very hot when going off! Basically it's a firework :old:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

It's a pyrotechnic as such it's dangerous because it is a very hot when going off! Basically it's a firework :old:

plus could easily be used to disguise a bomb for a terrorist attack.

Their is a reason they are outlawed in Britain for sporting events. Also lets not forget a Welsh fan was killed by a flare during a game against Romania in 1994.

We could certainly learn a thing or two from European countries about how to improve atmospheres/experiences at games but this isn't one.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:21 pm

phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

Their is a reason they are outlawed in Britain for sporting events. Also lets not forget a Welsh fan was killed by a flare during a game against Romania in 1994.

We could certainly learn a thing or two from European countries about how to improve atmospheres/experiences at games but this isn't one.

not for me either...just don't see how letting a flair off is class tbh..

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:23 pm

phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

What do you suggest then bud ? There’s always just talk but never any real action, despite the abuse they get I think palace fans are going in the right direction with the ultra thing, always thought we could pull something like that off and better it, I think we need to evolve as fans and get an even better atmosphere inside the ground and out

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:30 pm

They are f*cking horrible things.

I have been at a number of away games where some of our moronic "fans" have managed to smuggle them in and let them off.

They stink and if you're anywhere near them the smoke will sting your eyes and get caught in your throat. I've seen people have coughing fits and have to leave the stand because they were so affected by them.

There is NOTHING good about them or the wankers who take them into grounds.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Moff. wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

What do you suggest then bud ? There’s always just talk but never any real action, despite the abuse they get I think palace fans are going in the right direction with the ultra thing, always thought we could pull something like that off and better it, I think we need to evolve as fans and get an even better atmosphere inside the ground and out

thought the canton was superb last season
and the palace happy meal boys are everything football fans should not want to be..

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
Moff. wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

and the palace happy meal boys are everything football fans should not want to be..

Another example is Glasgow rangers, they’ve caught onto it and it looks good, outside the ground and inside, I think if a few thousand got behind this at Cardiff it would look unreal

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Moff. wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Moff. wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

Another example is Glasgow rangers, they’ve caught onto it and it looks good, outside the ground and inside, I think if a few thousand got behind this at Cardiff it would look unreal

it is unreal..as in fake..
I think when the Canton is rocking its fantastic and very often other parts of our ground join in...don't see so much of that with the contrived little group in the bottom corner of the Holmesdale end..
its always seemed to me that's its more about them than encouraging or cheering on the team

I like atmosphere to be spontaneous ..

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Moff. wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

In terms of learning things from European countries. Re allow alcohol to be sold during game and be drunk in the stand. Safe standing and that fans could turn up early to build an atmosphere as they do in other countries instead of turning up just as it starts and leaving before it ends. We could also do with a better announcer to get people revved up the current one is rubbish.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Imagine a few fans who have been on the pop waving flares around. Don't think I would fancy being too close to them. Asking for trouble, with the club likely to be liable for any injuries caused if they allowed them to be taken in. Like someone else has said, we all know fireworks can be dangerous, particularly in the wrong hands.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:07 pm

dogfound wrote:
Moff. wrote:
phildavies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Moff. wrote:

Palace at CCS was noisy but there was only 20 odd starting the chants and the sheep followed! Could that happen at city not so sure it would as stadium seating makes it hard to do it ? At selhurst it's an old ground so different set up , atmosphere at CCS us good when occasion arose.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 am

Should never be worn what is up with people ?

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 am

Comes across chavy to be honest.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 am

No problem at all with Clubs / Police at At Atletic Baleares & Real Mallorca :thumbright:

Makes a much better atmosphere & no one ever been hurt over here :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 am

I picked up a 5 game ban for it at Bolton away last year.

We'd just gone 2-0 down, so wasn't worth it anyway :lol:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:No problem at all with Clubs / Police at At Atletic Baleares & Real Mallorca :thumbright:

Makes a much better atmosphere & no one ever been hurt over here :thumbright: :thumbright:

Exactly ! I think as fans we need too move on, Glasgow rangers are doing it and it brilliant all marching together towards the ground chanting ! I think this would bring in younger generation of fans as well, they’ll see it all over social media and want to be a part of it, I think the majority of people who are shooting the ultra idea down are old boring fuc*ers :lol:

The sloper road ultras est. 2019 :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm

The season we went up under Malky at Sheffield Wednesday people let two off under the stand pre game, anyone who's been to hillsborough knows how compact it is under the stand, brutal experience for me being asthmatic was lucky to force my way through the crowd.

It's not always the flares that are the issue just the dickheads who have them.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:16 pm

RV Casual wrote:The season we went up under Malky at Sheffield Wednesday people let two off under the stand pre game, anyone who's been to hillsborough knows how compact it is under the stand, brutal experience for me being asthmatic was lucky to force my way through the crowd.

It's not always the flares that are the issue just the dickheads who have them.

There is a reason why organised pyrotechnic displays are reasonably safe. The fireworks are kept well away from the audience, and are operated by sensible people taking sensible precautions. I have seen first hand the damage a simple sparkler can cause, as well as having first hand experience of what can happen when a banger gets in the hands of an idiot (I was that idiot and almost lost my sight in one eye). I'm afraid having any sort of fireworks amongs hundreds of people in a confined space is a recipe for disaster. As you say, it may not be the flares themselves that are the problem but the potential damage in the hands of a dickhead.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:No problem at all with Clubs / Police at At Atletic Baleares & Real Mallorca :thumbright:

no problems with flares or in general..?