Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Tomlin

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:16 pm

Looking a lot thinner now and looks lean and in good shape on his instagram. Very talented player could there yet be a future for him at ccfc? How about bobby reid up top with tomlin behind him?

Re: Lee Tomlin

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 am

Certainly looks fit and he is holiday!

https://www.toopics.com/leetomlin10

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 am

Maybe he's finally realised he's not getting game time anywhere with his current attitude

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 am

Or is he there to sign up for some Arab club

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:17 am

Hopefully be able to offload him now.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 am

he does this every year its a summer holidays thing...

loaned out again with us paying the bulk of his wages probably

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:33 am

if he is fit and head is in the game he would be brilliant for us

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:26 am

wez1927 wrote:if he is fit and head is in the game he would be brilliant for us

Seems unlikely, when was his head last in it?
He needs to play regularly to stay even half fit and no chance will he get ahead of Reid.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:58 am

Did Tomlin and Reid play together at Bristol?

May have been a pairing that worked considering they both ended up in demand and moved on to better things.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:12 am

dogfound wrote:he does this every year its a summer holidays thing...

If its a summer holiday thing then he would be overweight and unfit, unless he is different from anybody else when on holiday getting the alcohol down along with all the lovely food we put away :thumbup:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:34 am

Igovernor wrote:

If its a summer holiday thing then he would be overweight and unfit, unless he is different from anybody else when on holiday getting the alcohol down along with all the lovely food we put away :thumbup:

pretty much everyone I know tries to drop a few pounds before going on hols..maybe your different..eh oh..

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:41 am

Wayne S wrote:Did Tomlin and Reid play together at Bristol?

May have been a pairing that worked considering they both ended up in demand and moved on to better things.

bit of wishful thinking.....seems to be lots of it surrounding Tomlin every window..
for me, Warnock accepting the mistake as early as he did and getting shot was a major factor in our promotion..
but in answer they played very little together, and towards the end of Tomlins final season there neither was playing very much at all..

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:52 am

Can't imagine that in a warnock line up, if in doubt he goes for bigger and stronger players. Can't see them playing together.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Can't imagine that in a warnock line up, if in doubt he goes for bigger and stronger players. Can't see them playing together.

Yes to be fair i would rather us 100% sign a proven quality goalscorer for reid to play off, and maybe even tomlin could then compete with reid if he got his act together

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Some of you have short memories. The guy is a liability. slow, unfit and not interested. You can not judge someone's fitness by a f*cking picture. Players like him are a cancer in the squad. Get rid asap.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Welsh Giants wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Yes to be fair i would rather us 100% sign a proven quality goalscorer for reid to play off, and maybe even tomlin could then compete with reid if he got his act together

Tomlin only chance of getting anywhere near fit enough is to be playing regularly imo. Warnock preferred Patterson to Tomlin. I just don't see any scenario where Tomlin fits in our team under Warnock and that's even on a huge assumption that he comes back fit and with a good attitude which I don't think he will.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:28 pm

I love watching players who can create and do something out of nothing like Tomlin but I just don't think he has the right attitude, and id be massively surprised if Warnock gives him another chance. No doubting his ability as he's probably one of the most technically gifted players in our squad, but his mentality and fitness seems to be an issue all the time wherever he goes. Would love him to prove me wrong mind :lol:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:Some of you have short memories. The guy is a liability. slow, unfit and not interested. You can not judge someone's fitness by a f*cking picture. Players like him are a cancer in the squad. Get rid asap.

A bit harsh but actually I agree with the sentiments.

There are only so many times that a player can keep making the same mistakes. He hardly pulled up trees for Peterborough but people on here expect him to play a part in a promotion push :shock:

That said, he won't be going anywhere. There is no way anyone else will pay him the money we've got him on so he may as well knuckle down and try and force himself into the reckoning unles he's happy sitting around picking up his wages.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:17 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Some of you have short memories. The guy is a liability. slow, unfit and not interested. You can not judge someone's fitness by a f*cking picture. Players like him are a cancer in the squad. Get rid asap.

There are only so many times that a player can keep making the same mistakes. He hardly pulled up trees for Peterborough but people on here expect him to play a part in a promotion push :shock:

That said, he won't be going anywhere. There is no way anyone else will pay him the money we've got him on so he may as well knuckle down and try and force himself into the reckoning unles he's happy sitting around picking up his wages.

I think he has proven he is more than happy to sit around and collect his wages.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I think he has proven he is more than happy to sit around and collect his wages.

Tbf to Tomlin he did go out on loan to Nottingham Forest and Peterborough to play some games. There's a few here who have signed new contracts or been here years and are happy to pick a pay packet and not play (Jazz Richards, Matthew Connolly, Loic Damour)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Tbf to Tomlin he did go out on loan to Nottingham Forest and Peterborough to play some games. There's a few here who have signed new contracts or been here years and are happy to pick a pay packet and not play (Jazz Richards, Matthew Connolly, Loic Damour)

The first 6 months of the premiership season he didn't and NW referred to the fact him and Tomlin had the option to go out on loan. The other 3 at the time were in our Premier league squad.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

think it helped that they were both relatively local to where he lives..

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:if he is fit and head is in the game he would be brilliant for us

If I had a pound for every time this is said,I'd be rich!looks like he only gets slim for his holiday snaps :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Why did Warnock buy him ??

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:00 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Why did Warnock buy him ??

he clearly has some talent and no doubt Warnock thought he could get him focussed and playing.. some times it comes off others it doesn't..

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:16 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Why did Warnock buy him ??

I think he seen him as the number 10 needed behind Zohore and after it failed in the first game he changed formation and never looked back.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 am

That's the first thing that crossed my mind (holiday body time)! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am

He has had his chances - time to move on from Lee Tomlin

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:50 am

Igovernor wrote:

He posted a pic last year,looking slim on his hols,then came back overweight :banghead: not the 1st player to blow a promising career, it's maddening to see someone who obviously has talent,but no self dicipline. :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:40 pm

He just posted a shirtless picture up with the caption anothrt week to get even fitter.

In fairness he looks in good shape, hopefully he can come back super fit and we can get someone to take him for a full season and pay all his wages or even better let someone take him on a free.