Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff to sign player in next 24hrs / £1.5mill '

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:10 am

Cardiff to kickstart summer rebuild with £1.5m move for Rotherham midfielder Will Vaulks

Cardiff are expected to sign Wales international Will Vaulks in the next 24 hours
The Rotherham captain will make the move to south Wales in a £1.5m deal
Neil Warnock is also pursuing a move for Oxford United defender Curtis Nelson
Nelson will become a free agent when his contract expires at the end of June

By Simon Jones for Mail

Monday 17 June 2019

Cardiff City are starting their rebuild under Neil Warnock with a £1.5million deal for Rotherham United midfielder Will Vaulks.

The 25-year old Wales international has agreed terms and is expected to sign within the next 24 hours.

Vaulks has scored 17 goals in 137 appearances since joining the Millers from Falkirk in 2016.

Rotherham captain Will Vaulks is close to joining Cardiff City in a £1.5m deal

Warnock is also in talks to sign Oxford United defender Curtis Nelson. The 26-year old is free as his contract runs out this month.

The centre-back has made 121 Oxford appearances since arriving from Plymouth Argyle in 2016.

Warnock has agreed to stay on at Cardiff after a turbulent season in the Premier League with the aim to gain immediate promotion back to the top flight.

Cardiff have also entered negotiations with Oxford defender Curtis Nelson

Cardiff to kickstart summer rebuild with £1.5m move for Rotherham midfielder Will Vaulks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff to sign player in next 24hrs / £1.5mill '

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:28 am

A very good signing if true.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:29 am

Would be a good signing.Probably have to pay a it more than 1.5m though.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am

Great price for a good player, he scored 7 last season and assisted 7 in a struggling championship team. Exactly the type of deals we should be doing on a budget. Great start to the transfer window. Hopefully the oxford player signs to, good squad player.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 am

Would be great to see Vaulks move to us ....could improve a lot in a better side and one not fighting relegation each season ....could be a bargain at 1.5m :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:45 am

Welsh talent is exactly what we need. Makes me that little more proud to follow Cardiff when we have Welshmen playing for the shirt.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

seems a good player ,hard working and a leader on the pitch thats what we need

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:50 am

BlueDredd wrote:Welsh talent is exactly what we need. Makes me that little more proud to follow Cardiff when we have Welshmen playing for the shirt.

Don't think he is Welsh actually but yes I agree great to have someone from the Welsh squad involved.

Seems like a good deal, good age, had a good season and will be busting a gut to prove himself.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:53 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Would be a good signing.Probably have to pay a it more than 1.5m though.

Yes I would of thought we would have to pay double that. Rotherham fans reckon we are getting an absolute bargain if that is all we are paying. Could just be £1.5 million up front with add on's of course. If we do sign these two I reckon we have two very decent players for next to nothing.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:55 pm

BlueDredd wrote:Welsh talent is exactly what we need. Makes me that little more proud to follow Cardiff when we have Welshmen playing for the shirt.

I agree. It seems so long ago now when had the likes of Rob Earnshaw, Danny Gabbidon, James Collins, Joe Ledley, Paul Parry and Adam Matthews turning out for us and Wales

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Would be a good signing.Probably have to pay a it more than 1.5m though.

Yes I would of thought we would have to pay double that. Rotherham fans reckon we are getting an absolute bargain if that is all we are paying. Could just be £1.5 million up front with add on's of course. If we do sign these two I reckon we have two very decent players for next to nothing.

I agree there is bound to be a PL promotion clause upping the price quite a bit :D

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Crayfish wrote:

We would need at least one more midfielder but I think the below doesn't look to shabby as it stands with more to come in.
Vaulkes, Rall
Murphy Reid NML
Zohore

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:A very good signing if true.

Agree - Good start .

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:14 am

Great signing. Good Engine on him and, will add the push going forward. Decent shot on him too.
Happy with that.

Now for MAUPAY

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Andy Giddings from BBC Sheffield has tweeted that there's a medical next week and the fee will be £2.1mill up front potentially rising to £3.5

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:24 pm

Hope we sign him but Welsh talent? He was born and brought up in the Wirral he supported Newcastle United as a youngster and his first club was local team Tranmere Rovers. He qualifies for Wales because he had a Welsh mum but can hardly be described as Welsh talent.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

City1983 wrote:Great signing. Good Engine on him and, will add the push going forward. Decent shot on him too.
Happy with that.

Now for MAUPAY

Maupay :lol: :lol:

Way out of our price range!!