More Quality Needed in Midfield

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Hopefully Warnock and the club can see we need more quality in our midfield now.

Vaulks is a solid start but we need more quality after losing the craft of Camarasa, the steel of Gunnar & the energy of Arter.

If they think we can stroll into the season with Ralls, Bacuna & Vaulks we will get destroyed. Ralls is a squad player at best & Bacuna has limitations.

Good to get Vaulks in but much more work to be done on the squad.
nickjonesrox2

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: More Quality Needed in Midfield

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm

I think that's a bit harsh on Ralls he scored 7 goals the season we went up, was a big part of our promotion season and I thought he did quite well in the prem last season too. Ive always thought he's a very underrated player and wins countless second balls and keeps the game ticking.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Ralls is more than good enough for the Championship, arguably one of our best players 17/18 season. And thought he done well before his injury last season. With Vaulks and Bacuna fighting it out for the second CM spot I think we’ve got more than enough if we only play with 2 in the middle and a CAM (Bobby or Pato) I do think (and hope) we’ll sign another CM but we’ve also got Damour who can do a job.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Shambolic post, Ralls is a great Champs player, but I am concerned with Bacuna, does nothing to wet my appetite.
Wolfpac

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:20 pm

nickjonesrox2 wrote:Hopefully Warnock and the club can see we need more quality in our midfield now.

Vaulks is a solid start but we need more quality after losing the craft of Camarasa, the steel of Gunnar & the energy of Arter.

If they think we can stroll into the season with Ralls, Bacuna & Vaulks we will get destroyed. Ralls is a squad player at best & Bacuna has limitations.

Arter and Camarasa are a big loss but are premier league players.

Vaulks and Ralls have the potential to be starters week in week out. Bacuna it seems will be the back up.
I think we need one piece of real quality in the middle to add to it.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
nickjonesrox2 wrote:Hopefully Warnock and the club can see we need more quality in our midfield now.

Vaulks and Ralls have the potential to be starters week in week out. Bacuna it seems will be the back up.

Agree, was kinda hoping that would be Lewis Holtby but it seems to have gone all quiet on that front if it was true at all :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think Bacuna will be a starter and was bought with Gunner leaving in mind { Gunner signed the pre contract in January }..
dogfound

Postby Alan_in_China » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm

I agree with you. Ralls is overrated. He is slow in both thought and deed, gets the wrong side of his opponent when attempting to tackle and he is one-paced. Squad player, as you said.
Alan_in_China

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:30 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I think Bacuna will be a starter and was bought with Gunner leaving in mind { Gunner signed the pre contract in January }..

Will be interesting, I really didn't think a lot of him from what I seen. Didn't really do much of what Gunner does.
2blue2handle

Postby Tomshort1927 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm

What’s everyone’s issue with ralls and bacuna? Bacuna hasn’t even put a foot wrong for us in the prem ffs. I agree we need more squad depth but to suggest they’re nothing more than squad players is ridiculous.
Tomshort1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Tomshort1927 wrote:What’s everyone’s issue with ralls and bacuna? Bacuna hasn’t even put a foot wrong for us in the prem ffs. I agree we need more squad depth but to suggest they’re nothing more than squad players is ridiculous.

I think that's my issue with Bacuna, didn't seem to get his foot on anything, but flakey. Happy to give him a chance but wouldn't put all my hope in him.
2blue2handle

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 pm

In fairness to Baccuna he was brought in as cover for when Arter and Camarassa were injured, he didn’t get a decent run out only bit parts, we’ve all seen what he can do from his time at Aston Villa and that free kick he scored against us..

Ralls had a good season in the PL until his hamstring went and midfield did miss him, he’s a constant, ok he has his bad moments and can lose his way but so can Morrison....

I think Ralls has things to prove and now he’s the current top CM at the club he’s got to step up and show everybody what he’s capable of.

Think a few of our players are too happy picking up the paycheck every week, seems unfair to pick on just two players
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Will be interesting, I really didn't think a lot of him from what I seen. Didn't really do much of what Gunner does.

but he played mostly with Gunner not instead of. spent his time filling in gaps and replacing who was injured/tired...
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:19 am

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

but he played mostly with Gunner not instead of. spent his time filling in gaps and replacing who was injured/tired...

No but I didn't see anything in his game to suggest he could. Very lathargic running and closing down, moved a lot slowly with very little intent(a real bug bare of mine and Healy does the same). We will see, at the moment I just don't see much in him at all but happy for him to have a chance.
2blue2handle

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:23 am

Wolfpac wrote:Shambolic post, Ralls is a great Champs player, but I am concerned with Bacuna, does nothing to wet my appetite.

Are you really anyone to call a post "shambolic"?

Whether you agree or not, the OP puts his opinion across well, which more than can be said about your posts.

The OP is right, we need more quality. Ralls can defo do a job in the championship but I'd rather see us bring in someone better and have him as solid, reliable back up option.
nubbsy

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:31 am

nubbsy wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Shambolic post, Ralls is a great Champs player, but I am concerned with Bacuna, does nothing to wet my appetite.

Whether you agree or not, the OP puts his opinion across well, which more than can be said about your posts.

The OP is right, we need more quality. Ralls can defo do a job in the championship but I'd rather see us bring in someone better and have him as solid, reliable back up option.

So with your theory we’d need to bring in another 2/3 CM in after Vaulks? Because Ralls is certainly the best CM at the club. I can’t see Warnock spending money on bringing in 3/4 CM’s when it’s probably good enough already. We’ve only lost Gunners from the promotion winning squad, and he was injured for most of that. It seems to me that people are wanting a PL team, when the team that got us promoted is still here and has got improvements.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:49 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

So with your theory we’d need to bring in another 2/3 CM in after Vaulks? Because Ralls is certainly the best CM at the club. I can’t see Warnock spending money on bringing in 3/4 CM’s when it’s probably good enough already. We’ve only lost Gunners from the promotion winning squad, and he was injured for most of that. It seems to me that people are wanting a PL team, when the team that got us promoted is still here and has got improvements.

your correct about most of our promotion team still being here but I hoped that should we bounce back this time we wouldn't be quite so short on quality .not sure Vaulks provides that ...im still living in hope as im sure Warnock said 5 or 6 additions..i don't think people want a premier league team but enough improvement that should we get there again 4 or 5 will then give us a fighting chance of staying there..
dogfound

Postby montyblue » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 am

DOGFOUND

completely agree with you plus if we do get quality players now who can play in the prem, there is no need to change,
and they would have had a season together under there belts
montyblue

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:28 am

dogfound wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

your correct about most of our promotion team still being here but I hoped that should we bounce back this time we wouldn't be quite so short on quality .not sure Vaulks provides that ...im still living in hope as im sure Warnock said 5 or 6 additions..i don't think people want a premier league team but enough improvement that should we get there again 4 or 5 will then give us a fighting chance of staying there..

I understand what you mean, but we’re not really going to be able to attract PL standard players unless they are loaned or if we’re near the top in January. But we do need to improve the squad as that’s always the aim every window.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 am

dogfound wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I understand what you mean, but we’re not really going to be able to attract PL standard players unless they are loaned or if we’re near the top in January. But we do need to improve the squad as that’s always the aim every window.

nothing against Vaulks , I do think he will improve our squad at present but its a stretch to see him as a premier league player in 12 months time. and last time we went up the gulf in quality was just financially to big to bridge , which I think might have been the reason we didn't really try to bridge it, buying 4 of the better championship players not more expensive premier league experience players .?

.I live in hope but it is what it is
dogfound

Postby MoodyBluebird » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 pm

As I've said on here before, I'm sure there are more gems like Camarasa that can be unearthed in La Liga. OK we've temporarily lost the draw of Premier League football but I'd prefer we shopped there than plump for bargain basement journeymen from this country. There is no substitute for quality.

Having said that, as long as we can retain the services of Murphy, Reid and NML, we have enough quality going forward to put many teams to the sword this season. Thus is conditional to our mental attitude being spot on for every game of course.
MoodyBluebird

Postby aberdare-blue » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Cardiff will play with 2 holding midfielders next season is my bet ralls and vaulks or bacuna, why r people asking bout quality.
The quality will be Bobby Reid who will play 10 to replace camarasa so I don't know why we keep asking for more quality in midfield.
Gunners can only pass 10yrds so can ralls so we've never had s deep CM who gets on the ball since whitts and mcphail.
Bacuna best technically out of em all. Got Paterson who can also play in 10 role if needed or do a job CM with his physicallity and energy
aberdare-blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:13 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Cardiff will play with 2 holding midfielders next season is my bet ralls and vaulks or bacuna, why r people asking bout quality.
The quality will be Bobby Reid who will play 10 to replace camarasa so I don't know why we keep asking for more quality in midfield.
Gunners can only pass 10yrds so can ralls so we've never had s deep CM who gets on the ball since whitts and mcphail.
Bacuna best technically out of em all. Got Paterson who can also play in 10 role if needed or do a job CM with his physicallity and energy

Totally agree, you have to wonder if some people have seen us play under Warnock with some of the suggestions. Your post is exactly how I see it.
2blue2handle

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:56 pm

nubbsy wrote:

What on earth are you talking about?
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
aberdare-blue wrote:Cardiff will play with 2 holding midfielders next season is my bet ralls and vaulks or bacuna, why r people asking bout quality.

Totally agree, you have to wonder if some people have seen us play under Warnock with some of the suggestions. Your post is exactly how I see it.

I do genuinely wonder myself...we improved no end when NW arrived and then won promotion in his second season all with little possession..im not quite sure how you can watch all those games and not grasp our game plan {which works } is not possession based .
dogfound

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

What on earth are you talking about?

Well you said we need CM’s who are better than Ralls and have him as back up. Therefore we’d need another 2 after signing Vaulks as Ralls is better than him. I thought I’d said it so it was quite easy to understand, I’m sorry you couldn’t understand it. I hope you do now.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Return to General Chat