Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Crystal Palace have rejected a bid of £50m

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:47 pm

PALACE REJECT WAN-BISSAKA BID

17/06/19

Crystal Palace have rejected a bid of £50m from Manchester United for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, according to Sky sources.

Palace are unhappy with the structure of the bid, which would be an initial £35m plus £15m in add-ons for the 21-year-old right-back.

It is understood Palace would accept a straight £50m bid from United for Wan Bissaka.

Re: Crystal Palace have rejected a bid of £50m

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:03 pm

They must be mad.
That’s a terribly lot of money for a club like Palace surely ?

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:54 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:They must be mad.

To be honest, his display at CCS was the best defensive performance I've ever seen from a full back. If he plays like that all the time, I can completely understand Palace turning the bid down. He's still young with his best years ahead of him and a club like Palace will never be able to replace him with anyone better, no matter how much money they receive for him. I think Palace are holding out for around 60 million, and rightfully so in my opinion.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:They must be mad.

To be honest, his display at CCS was the best defensive performance I've ever seen from a full back. If he plays like that all the time, I can completely understand Palace turning the bid down. He's still young with his best years ahead of him and a club like Palace will never be able to replace him with anyone better, no matter how much money they receive for him. I think Palace are holding out for around 60 million, and rightfully so in my opinion.

I agree he was the best full back ive seen play against us in the prem. I expected him to be very good going forward as he's a typical modern day full back, but I was very surprised by how solid and comfortable he was defensively considering he's only 20. Very bright future for him whatever he decides to do.