Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Holtby rumour gone quiet

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am

Obviously nobody knows who is coming in or when, but the Holtby rumour seemed to have a lot behind it (a few news outlets saying the same thing).

All gone quiet, wonder if we were ever in for him or not. Rangers were supposed to be interested too

Re: Holtby rumour gone quiet

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am

This time last year it was that lanky German that was doing the rounds but nothing came of it.You must remember that the month of June is the biggest BS month in the calendar. :lol:

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:16 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Obviously nobody knows who is coming in or when, but the Holtby rumour seemed to have a lot behind it (a few news outlets saying the same thing).

All gone quiet, wonder if we were ever in for him or not. Rangers were supposed to be interested too

I think scott Johnson SUGGESTED he might be a good signing for us...this seemed to be picked up on and turned into a rumour..which it was not..

its a mental time of the year for these Chinese whisper type rumours..

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:18 am

dogfound wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Obviously nobody knows who is coming in or when, but the Holtby rumour seemed to have a lot behind it (a few news outlets saying the same thing).

I think scott Johnson SUGGESTED he might be a good signing for us...this seemed to be picked up on and turned into a rumour..which it was not..

The rumour started by Alan Nixon who said we were interested in him. Key word is ‘interested’ so we probaly made contact and then we realised his wages are probaly to much for us and backed out

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:01 pm

He's not at this point in time the standard of player we need.
It's worrying that we seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for cheap players who probably aren't as good as what we've already got .

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The rumour started by Alan Nixon who said we were interested in him. Key word is ‘interested’ so we probaly made contact and then we realised his wages are probaly to much for us and backed out

the key word is NIXON...he is the transfer rumour version of the infinite monkey theorem..only he is yet to get one of his own correct...
Scott wrote a piece suggesting it..and this muppet along with others start pushing it as ITK rubbish..{ he doesn't know what day it is }
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207575&p=2119221&hilit=lewis+holtby#p2119221

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm

dogfound wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

the key word is NIXON...he is the transfer rumour version of the infinite monkey theorem..only he is yet to get one of his own correct...
Scott wrote a piece suggesting it..and this muppet along with others start pushing it as ITK rubbish..{ he doesn't know what day it is }

Yup, Walesonline had a article with that guy saying he suggested him then the next one from them he was linked with us :lol:

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yup, Walesonline had a article with that guy saying he suggested him then the next one from them he was linked with us :lol:

was a bit like when roath used to talk to himself on here under different IDs..

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 am

I don't know if this site is credible, but it claims Holtby is considering interest or offers from 5 clubs: Cardiff, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray, Greek club PAOK and MLS side Chicago Fire. There are no direct quotes to link him to us - so may be the usual standard of speculative article based on made up rumours and recycled sourceless fiction.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-compe ... bluebirds/

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:34 am

https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/2-li ... sport.html

It is the top story on Bild's website. Fair play, it might still have some legs.

This website has ranked the rumours, Bild are "Tier 2"
https://www.thefalse9.com/2018/01/footb ... ility.html

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:00 am

It seems that the journalists must have seen this thread yesterday and thought we’ll make another article regarding it. Because there is quite a few around today.
I can’t see him coming to us if those clubs linked are available, but I’d be very happy with his signing.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:00 am

What are peoples thoughts if this rumour does come true?

Mixed reactions on here, I personally wouldn't mind him coming in. Anything to bulk up numbers in the middle of the field :laughing6:

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:25 pm

It is hard to know what we might get if he did turn up at Cardiff (which I doubt). Many of us will remember Holtby as a very talented and promising player at Spurs and Fulham - but he didn't play that much and it was about 6 years ago. I don't watch German 2nd Division football so have no idea about today's Lewis Holtby. His attitude and hunger may be as important as his skills.

This Independent interview with Holtby is from March this year:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 07341.html

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:28 pm

jon1959 wrote:I don't know if this site is credible, but it claims Holtby is considering interest or offers from 5 clubs: Cardiff, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray, Greek club PAOK and MLS side Chicago Fire. There are no direct quotes to link him to us - so may be the usual standard of speculative article based on made up rumours and recycled sourceless fiction.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-compe ... bluebirds/

its not very reliable but very few are this time of year. players on hols, no transfers, injuries or even friendlies to report on so its a sort of roundabout of false rumours to fill columns..