Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ DAVID HENDERSON “

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 pm

mistaflux75 wrote:Look guys, there's seems to be a lot of people having a pop at each other over this tragic event. Everybody is entitled to have their say but let's not forget that we're ALL bluebirds aren't we??? We just need to let the authorities do what they do and then we'll all no for real exactly what happened..... Hopefully. Justice for the families is by far the most important outcome.

Bit confused ,it says you joined on 24th Jan 2019 :?: strange as it's only 21st now? :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I read an interesting article from a French newspaper going through the process of a private flight. The flight plan gets submitted with the details of the pilot. The flight plan can be submitted in person, online or even by telephone. However, when the pilot turns up to the airport to take the flight and hands in his ID, the pilots details aren't cross checked by the airport security with the pilot listed on the initial flight plan. In other words, one pilot can be listed on the flight plan, but a completely different pilot can turn up to fly the plane.

Dave Henderson was initially reported as the pilot, because his name was on the initial flight plan. It wasn't until the following day it was revealed the pilot was actually Dave Ibbotson. However, Nantes airport confirmed Henderson's passport was scanned through airport security and this suggests what Annis says he was told, that Henderson arrived at the airport but then declined to fly the plane. Henderson later said he hadn't been in Nantes for over a year, but surely this is a lie if Nantes airport said his passport was scanned through security?

Were both pilots scheduled to be on the plane despite only Henderson's name being listed on the initial flight plan? Was only Henderson's name on the flight plan because Ibbotson wasn't qualified to take the flight at night? Was Henderson wanting to keep Ibbotson's involvement hidden? It was reported Ibbotson aborted 3 take off attempts. It appears despite these failed take off attempts, Ibbotson was still determined to go ahead with the flight despite the dangerous conditions. Could Henderson have refused the flight because he didn't fancy it with the dangerous conditions and could Ibbotson have been pressured by Henderson to illegally take the flight under his name?

Henderson's behaviour has been suspicious ever since this tragedy, he closed down his Facebook account the following day and he seems very reluctant to talk. Hopefully, the experts questioning Henderson will have got closer to the truth. I just hope Sala's and Ibbotson's families can have the closure they need asap.

Nice one, Ross :thumbup:

The truth will out eventually and some currently confusing questions/answers will become clear :clap:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:22 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I read an interesting article from a French newspaper going through the process of a private flight. The flight plan gets submitted with the details of the pilot. The flight plan can be submitted in person, online or even by telephone. However, when the pilot turns up to the airport to take the flight and hands in his ID, the pilots details aren't cross checked by the airport security with the pilot listed on the initial flight plan. In other words, one pilot can be listed on the flight plan, but a completely different pilot can turn up to fly the plane.

Dave Henderson was initially reported as the pilot, because his name was on the initial flight plan. It wasn't until the following day it was revealed the pilot was actually Dave Ibbotson. However, Nantes airport confirmed Henderson's passport was scanned through airport security and this suggests what Annis says he was told, that Henderson arrived at the airport but then declined to fly the plane. Henderson later said he hadn't been in Nantes for over a year, but surely this is a lie if Nantes airport said his passport was scanned through security?

Were both pilots scheduled to be on the plane despite only Henderson's name being listed on the initial flight plan? Was only Henderson's name on the flight plan because Ibbotson wasn't qualified to take the flight at night? Was Henderson wanting to keep Ibbotson's involvement hidden? It was reported Ibbotson aborted 3 take off attempts. It appears despite these failed take off attempts, Ibbotson was still determined to go ahead with the flight despite the dangerous conditions. Could Henderson have refused the flight because he didn't fancy it with the dangerous conditions and could Ibbotson have been pressured by Henderson to illegally take the flight under his name?

Henderson's behaviour has been suspicious ever since this tragedy, he closed down his Facebook account the following day and he seems very reluctant to talk. Hopefully, the experts questioning Henderson will have got closer to the truth. I just hope Sala's and Ibbotson's families can have the closure they need asap.

Now that is what I call interesting information. It could be that Ibbotson was mistaken as Henderson as he used his identity?

Also this could be the unlawful act providing identity to an unqualified pilot?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Now that is what I call interesting information. It could be that Ibbotson was mistaken as Henderson as he used his identity?

They looked quite alike if you look at the photos, if the plane had landed successfully would we ever have known that Mr H hadn't actually done the crossing?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:47 am

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:think that was a mix up mate as Ibbotson had been using hendersons debit card.its where the initial story of Henderson being the pilot came from....Ibbotson flew him out and stayed out there in a hotel...

I'm unsure about the circumstances but my perception was Henderson was the pilot who should have flown the plane but for some reason he refused. Ibbotson then stepped in and piloted the plane with Henderson's knowledge even though Ibbotson was not qualified to fly passengers. This could possibly be the unlawful act but I might be wrong happy to be corrected by those who might know more?

Tony, I have the same info direct from the main reporter who I got to know well and was first with all the info. Even came to Cardiff to investigate at our club.

I can’t say anymore.

I did a big article for them.

When it comes to Cardiff City Annis I have learnt to bow to your knowledge. It has always been my understanding that Henderson went through passport control but for whatever reason he didn't fly the plane. It could be you and dogfound are correct we just need to join the dots to understand what this 'unlawful act' was?

Cheers Tony, we all try and put in what we hear or know :thumbright: :bluebird:

The plot thickens as they say .

Tony, this is an actual quote/message from the reporter, I can't put it all up as private.

"Our information is that David Henderson did pass security but didn’t board the plane."

Or could it have been someone using his identity?

I wonder why anyone would do that?

Maybe it wasn't Mr H, and there has been some sort of mix up ?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:49 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The pilot that was meant to fly Emiliano Sala

David Henderson was arrested yesterday on suspicion of mansughter.

Henderson was released without charge.

What I do know is that Henderson turned up at the airport and went through passport control.

The he was supposedly had then refused to fly the plane and walked away from it.

where did you get that from ?

I knew with in 48hrs from the main French reporter who was the closest to the whole case.

think that was a mix up mate as Ibbotson had been using hendersons debit card.its where the initial story of Henderson being the pilot came from....Ibbotson flew him out and stayed out there in a hotel...

Using someone else's debit card, that's unusual if that was true why would someone do that?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:33 am

bluesince62 wrote:
mistaflux75 wrote:Look guys, there's seems to be a lot of people having a pop at each other over this tragic event. Everybody is entitled to have their say but let's not forget that we're ALL bluebirds aren't we??? We just need to let the authorities do what they do and then we'll all no for real exactly what happened..... Hopefully. Justice for the families is by far the most important outcome.

Bit confused ,it says you joined on 24th Jan 2019 :?: strange as it's only 21st now? :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Nothing strange other than your eyesight? :?

The character 'mistaflux75' joined on 24th January (not June as you appear to suggest from your remark) ;)

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:55 am

Yes, and did you know they've built a bridge over to Bristol now ,so you haven't got to use the ferry or go through Gloucester any more ?

Seriously, we knew that before they found the plane didn't we ?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Yes, and did you know they've built a bridge over to Bristol now ,so you haven't got to use the ferry or go through Gloucester any more ?

Yes we did really!

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Bluesince62:
Yes I joined in Jan but its June now :thumbup:
Been a supporter since 83/84

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:05 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Yes I joined in Jan but its June now :thumbup: Jr
Been a supporter since 83 /84

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Nothing strange other than your eyesight? :?

The character 'mistaflux75' joined on 24th January (not June as you appear to suggest from your remark) ;)

So now it's strange to leave off spectacles is it :laughing5: if you notice I included a laughing emoji,usualy added as in humour,no need for sideways glances Sven, as I do wear glasses, but had just finished shift,had a quick read,and got it mixed up,there was no malice in my post :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

You might have I didn't :? BTW where will City finish this season using that brilliant algorithm you have you know the one that predicted we would finish 10th in the PL?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:41 pm

mistaflux75 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I wasn't questioning your support mate,not my style,was tired and looked at it through tired (glass less)eyes :? No malice intended mate :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Bluebina wrote:

They looked quite alike if you look at the photos, if the plane had landed successfully would we ever have known that Mr H hadn't actually done the crossing?

These were my thoughts at the time,and I did a post on the dodgy circumstances around the flight,but wasn't it said that ibbotson turned up in the morning at the airport (nantes )but left and returned later that evening?perhaps Henderson was expecting the flight to leave in the morning,so assumed ibbotson was deemed qualified (as it would be a flight in daylight hours)the use of Henderson's credit card is suspect to me,I for one,would never give my credit card for use by someone else,regardless of how well I think I know them :?: maybe just me :!: :laughing6: and I did say at the time,if the flight had landed safely,nobody would be any the wiser,perhaps Henderson used his details,not of course expecting worse case scenario :sad7: as has been said,it's all just speculative from us,the plot will probably get thicker,and we will be none the wiser until investigations are concluded.but it's healthy to debate about it,get other views,other than the financial side of it. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:13 pm

You only need to watch judge Judy a couple of times to see that lots of people give their credit/debit cards to other people to use, never done it myself either blue, much to the wife's annoyance.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Why the hell would you give your credit card to someone with debts and CCJ's coming out their ears?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
mistaflux75 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I wasn't questioning your support mate,not my style,was tired and looked at it through tired (glass less)eyes :? No malice intended mate :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

No worries mate, all good :occasion5:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:26 pm

My impression at the time was ibbitson used hendersons documents.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:57 pm

stickywicket wrote:My impression at the time was ibbitson used hendersons documents.

It's always been my thought to be honest.