Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ DAVID HENDERSON “

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 am

pembroke allan wrote:All will come clear soon hopefully! pilot was qualified to fly the plane but not at night. One must guess that Henderson allowed plane to take off knowing pilot was not qualified to fly at night and as such he is liable because he did not report this to air traffic control? Hence the police statement which states unlawful act... same rule applies if someone doesn't report at work something that results in injury or death , person as legal duty to report it Sam's with Henderson

Allan, Sam / Henderson? I am lost?????

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 am

pembroke allan wrote:All will come clear soon hopefully! pilot was qualified to fly the plane but not at night. One must guess that Henderson allowed plane to take off knowing pilot was not qualified to fly at night and as such he is liable because he did not report this to air traffic control? Hence the police statement which states unlawful act... same rule applies if someone doesn't report at work something that results in injury or death , person as legal duty to report it Sam's with Henderson

Allan, the processes of 'liability' are wider than some may think and your post makes as much sense, if not more, that certain others :thumbright:

It would not be unreasonable to assume the initial arrest was made with a view to a potential charge of manslaughter, as it is the highest charge that could be laid in the circumstances. Whether that remains or whether the actual charges are reduced or even dropped is for the investigators/CPS to decide

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cityone wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:im not argueing ...just stating what became the facts after some conclusions had been jumped to....Hendersons reason was an emergency had arrisen at home and he knew ibbotson was looking to get away for a weekend .. he denies the passport control bit and insists he had not even been to Nantes in years and the only report of this was from the french reporter...most of the MSM reported it as flight plans logged by email...he had hendersons debit card as he was skint ...this is what was reported numerous times by numerous media outlets..and is there for you to check ..im as puzzled as everyone else to how an airport can think one man is flying a plane when he isnt even in the country..

You are not reporting 'facts' as the speculation hasn't been confirmed yet. For example Henderson might deny going through passport control but that is not confirmation. Annis was only doing the same with what he had heard from the French reporter. One thing is certain Henderson has a tangible link to the flight otherwise he wouldn't have been under investigation and charged with an unlawful act leading to manslaughter.

its reasonable to assume Henderson did not go through passport control as Ibbotson had flown out and was in a hotel in Nantes { this is confirmed } and therefore Henderson did not have this argument with ...who exactly ..about not flying that plane so then draughted in Ibbotson { his friend } from another country to fly this supposedly dangerous plane..

and yes Henderson saying he was not in nantes is a fact...he did say it numerous times..

Ibbotson was in nantes for the duration of Salas visit..confirmed by numerous pple on many occasions...so thats also a fact..

Seen as you say you know it all? ? ?

Why was Henderson interviewed for Manslaughter if he was never there?

Annis, as you know he is like a dog with a bone, (username appropiate) you could say he's our version of roathie. :thumbup:

Paul, I can certainly see that :lol:

No one can be right but him :lol:

because you do not need to be there to be arrested for manslaughter ..
as for cityone...not really its just we are talking about 2 peoples deaths .so I think truth is important ..I know its not to you .eh oh...

You don't think that two people losing their lives is important to me?? then you are more stupid than i thought. You have made quite a few comments about what happened on and around that fatal day, in truth you know absolutely f**k all about it, i suggest you leave it to the real detectives and let them get on with their job.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:To be fair to dogfound he is just stating exactly what been in the press and follows the exact same things as I've read.

Not to say who is right or wrong.

thank you....stating whats been widely reported is not argueing....

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry annis miss spelt (same! ) Basically Henderson had legal duty to tell traffic control that the pilot was not qualified to fly at night that's why hes been charged with unlawful act ?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:35 am

Sven wrote:

Allan, the processes of 'liability' are wider than some may think and your post makes as much sense, if not more, that certain others :thumbright:

It would not be unreasonable to assume the initial arrest was made with a view to a potential charge of manslaughter, as it is the highest charge that could be laid in the circumstances. Whether that remains or whether the actual charges are reduced or even dropped is for the investigators/CPS to decide

Sven the example I've given is the precise reason for the manslaughter charge, as Henderson had legal duty to tell control that pilot was not qualified to fly the plane at night so he was culpable in law :thumbup:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:38 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry annis miss spelt (same! ) Basically Henderson had legal duty to tell traffic control that the pilot was not qualified to fly at night that's why hes been charged with unlawful act ?

Agreed Allan :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thought try and clear the muddy water on here? As for commercial aspect that does not impact on charge because pilot was actually qualified to fly the plane just not at night :thumbup:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:47 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thought try and clear the muddy water on here? As for commercial aspect that does not impact on charge because pilot was actually qualified to fly the plane just not at night :thumbup:

if Henderson knowingly employed a pilot who did not have the relevant hire and reward license { which i would imagine he is obliged to check } that surely is criminal too .?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 am

cityone wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cityone wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:im not argueing ...just stating what became the facts after some conclusions had been jumped to....Hendersons reason was an emergency had arrisen at home and he knew ibbotson was looking to get away for a weekend .. he denies the passport control bit and insists he had not even been to Nantes in years and the only report of this was from the french reporter...most of the MSM reported it as flight plans logged by email...he had hendersons debit card as he was skint ...this is what was reported numerous times by numerous media outlets..and is there for you to check ..im as puzzled as everyone else to how an airport can think one man is flying a plane when he isnt even in the country..

You are not reporting 'facts' as the speculation hasn't been confirmed yet. For example Henderson might deny going through passport control but that is not confirmation. Annis was only doing the same with what he had heard from the French reporter. One thing is certain Henderson has a tangible link to the flight otherwise he wouldn't have been under investigation and charged with an unlawful act leading to manslaughter.

its reasonable to assume Henderson did not go through passport control as Ibbotson had flown out and was in a hotel in Nantes { this is confirmed } and therefore Henderson did not have this argument with ...who exactly ..about not flying that plane so then draughted in Ibbotson { his friend } from another country to fly this supposedly dangerous plane..

and yes Henderson saying he was not in nantes is a fact...he did say it numerous times..

Ibbotson was in nantes for the duration of Salas visit..confirmed by numerous pple on many occasions...so thats also a fact..

Annis, as you know he is like a dog with a bone, (username appropiate) you could say he's our version of roathie. :thumbup:

as for cityone...not really its just we are talking about 2 peoples deaths .so I think truth is important ..I know its not to you .eh oh...

You don't think that two people losing their lives is important to me?? then you are more stupid than i thought. You have made quite a few comments about what happened on and around that fatal day, in truth you know absolutely f**k all about it, i suggest you leave it to the real detectives and let them get on with their job.

Come on mate, he's entitled to his views same as everyone, may aswell delete the thread otherwise.

You can't pick and choose who's aloud to have a say.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:55 am

RV Casual wrote:
cityone wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cityone wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Come on mate, he's entitled to his views same as everyone, may aswell delete the thread otherwise.

You can't pick and choose who's aloud to have a say.

they are not views...just posting whats been actually reported which for some reason he doesn't like....

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

if Henderson knowingly employed a pilot who did not have the relevant hire and reward license { which i would imagine he is obliged to check } that surely is criminal too .?

Its more for regulatory body the commercial aspect of this. But as we know it's been denied that money changed hands,
anyway because pilot was legally entitled to fly the plane commercial aspect is not a consideration in the charge! The charge as I've said is centred around not telling authorities that he was not qualified to fly at night nothing to do with being paid or not. Maybe it will be come in to the charge later but was i just clearing up why hes been charged with unlawful act :thumbup:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am

So if, hypothetically, Henderson charged with manslaughter and found guilty, does that have any bearing whatsoever on club paying transfer fee? Certainly not Nantes fault.

Its all gone very quiet on what paperwork was submitted and when.I would have thought that is the easy bit.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:38 am

So if, hypothetically, Henderson charged with manslaughter and found guilty, does that have any bearing whatsoever on club paying transfer fee? Certainly not Nantes fault.

Its all gone very quiet on what paperwork was submitted and when.I would have thought that is the easy bit.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:54 am

Look guys, there's seems to be a lot of people having a pop at each other over this tragic event. Everybody is entitled to have their say but let's not forget that we're ALL bluebirds aren't we??? We just need to let the authorities do what they do and then we'll all no for real exactly what happened..... Hopefully. Justice for the families is by far the most important outcome.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:So if, hypothetically, Henderson charged with manslaughter and found guilty, does that have any bearing whatsoever on club paying transfer fee? Certainly not Nantes fault.

McKay worked for nantes as a selling agent and is involved in illegal flight, very involved why should cardiff lose money ? not there fault

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:03 pm

You both have different views on this AA, from a news reporter who might be giving out fake news ,and Dog from reports from the press, no one really knows for sure what is fake news, or the truth, so as for saying im in the know u only know what you have been told or been reading, it might be fake news or it might be the truth,I really dont think anyone knows more then anyone that is doing the investigation.

No one will know the truth un till after the investigation, and you can see why our club as not payed anything yet, like a few on here think we should have done ,one thing we all know is this is going to run for sometime.

And its nice to see Dog as a different opinion too AA, as it would be boring if u just believe What one person says what he as been told, its all gossip and hearsay .

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:09 pm

nins27 wrote:You both have different views on this AA, from a news reporter who might be giving out fake news ,and Dog from reports from the press, no one really knows for sure what is fake news, or the truth, so as for saying im in the know u only know what you have been told or been reading, it might be fake news or it might be the truth,I really dont think anyone knows more then anyone that is doing the investigation.

No one will know the truth un till after the investigation, and you can see why our club as not payed anything yet, like a few on here think we should have done ,one thing we all know is this is going to run for sometime.

And its nice to see Dog as a different opinion too AA, as it would be boring if u just believe What one person says what he as been told, its all gossip and hearsay .

I don't really get why some people are getting so heated on it really :lol:

Annis is only saying what he has been told, he wont know for certain if its correct but no reason why he wouldn't share it if he thinks it has some substance to it.

Dogfound is just saying whats being reported in the press elsewhere.

then some people have jumped on it :roll:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:17 pm

nins27 wrote:You both have different views on this AA, from a news reporter who might be giving out fake news ,and Dog from reports from the press, no one really knows for sure what is fake news, or the truth, so as for saying im in the know u only know what you have been told or been reading, it might be fake news or it might be the truth,I really dont think anyone knows more then anyone that is doing the investigation.

Well said :thumbup:

I'm trying not to kick the dog here but people should understand that dogfound has (somewhat metaphorically) been found out of late in that he simply states the obvious and regurgitates old, often unsubstantiated, information as if it's his own view and then backtracks to a position of "Well, that's what it said in the Press" when he's picked up on it

A good (unintended) example of that is where 2Blue2Handle sticks up for him and says (quote) "To be fair to dogfound he is just stating exactly what been in the press and follows the exact same things as I've read" and that is completely different to having his own views/knowledge ;)

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Annis is only saying what he has been told, he wont know for certain if its correct but no reason why he wouldn't share it if he thinks it has some substance to it.

I'm really not getting worked up over this if you are implying I'm am .

And about passing on information that's all good but who is to say AA was not given fake news as it would not be the first time to be honest.
No disrespect to AA he can only say what he as been told but no one at our club is in the know anymore fact,apart from the ones that runs our great club that's what I like with our top brass.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think it started when AA posted what he had heard from the French Journalist and Dogfound questioned it's validity as he had read differently in other press reports. Dogfound did claim his information was 'fact' which it wasn't but either way there is no harm in both putting info out there and letting the court of public opinion make it's mind up :D

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:So if, hypothetically, Henderson charged with manslaughter and found guilty, does that have any bearing whatsoever on club paying transfer fee? Certainly not Nantes fault.

McKay worked for nantes as a selling agent and is involved in illegal flight, very involved why should cardiff lose money ? not there fault

This is probably the most important and complicated question asked so far in this thread. As Wez inferred it could be Vicarious liability on the grounds of who was working for who. However, we could end up with a chain situation where we owe Nantes but in return Henderson owes us and he is owed by McKay. :?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:think that was a mix up mate as Ibbotson had been using hendersons debit card.its where the initial story of Henderson being the pilot came from....Ibbotson flew him out and stayed out there in a hotel...

I'm unsure about the circumstances but my perception was Henderson was the pilot who should have flown the plane but for some reason he refused. Ibbotson then stepped in and piloted the plane with Henderson's knowledge even though Ibbotson was not qualified to fly passengers. This could possibly be the unlawful act but I might be wrong happy to be corrected by those who might know more?

Ibbotson flew both legs...and stayed in a hotel in Nantes using Hendersons debit card in between flights. this is well documented with the hotel even giving details of what he ate, drank and what time he left the hotel { twice as there seemed to be a mix up regarding flight times }..

OK Ibbotson flew both legs of the flight. However, Henderson was the allocated qualified pilot so why didn't he take the flight? Also what was Ibbotson doing with Henderson's debit card? Further why did Henderson go through passport control and then not fly the plane? It would suggest that Henderson knew that an unqualified pilot was flying the plane without alerting anyone?

im not argueing ...just stating what became the facts after some conclusions had been jumped to....Hendersons reason was an emergency had arrisen at home and he knew ibbotson was looking to get away for a weekend .. he denies the passport control bit and insists he had not even been to Nantes in years and the only report of this was from the french reporter...most of the MSM reported it as flight plans logged by email...he had hendersons debit card as he was skint ...this is what was reported numerous times by numerous media outlets..and is there for you to check ..im as puzzled as everyone else to how an airport can think one man is flying a plane when he isnt even in the country..

Was Henderson at the airport? Did he go through customs? Was it an 'emergency' or a 'party' as some suggested)?

No offence meant but this is one of those posts that suggest that sometimes you (and others) are better not commenting rather than speculating. No one knows the truth on Henderson, Ibbotson or even McKay yet; but it seems the appropriate authorities are on the case and the truth (or a version close to it) will eventually out and criminal charges laid or not

I think can easily work out what happened here, but we may soon start to learn for sure!!!

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:think that was a mix up mate as Ibbotson had been using hendersons debit card.its where the initial story of Henderson being the pilot came from....Ibbotson flew him out and stayed out there in a hotel...

I'm unsure about the circumstances but my perception was Henderson was the pilot who should have flown the plane but for some reason he refused. Ibbotson then stepped in and piloted the plane with Henderson's knowledge even though Ibbotson was not qualified to fly passengers. This could possibly be the unlawful act but I might be wrong happy to be corrected by those who might know more?

Tony, I have the same info direct from the main reporter who I got to know well and was first with all the info. Even came to Cardiff to investigate at our club.

I can’t say anymore.

I did a big article for them.

When it comes to Cardiff City Annis I have learnt to bow to your knowledge. It has always been my understanding that Henderson went through passport control but for whatever reason he didn't fly the plane. It could be you and dogfound are correct we just need to join the dots to understand what this 'unlawful act' was?

Cheers Tony, we all try and put in what we hear or know :thumbright: :bluebird:

The plot thickens as they say .

Tony, this is an actual quote/message from the reporter, I can't put it all up as private.

"Our information is that David Henderson did pass security but didn’t board the plane."

Or could it have been someone using his identity?

I wonder why anyone would do that?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:00 pm

nins27 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

And about passing on information that's all good but who is to say AA was not given fake news as it would not be the first time to be honest.
No disrespect to AA he can only say what he as been told but no one at our club is in the know anymore fact,apart from the ones that runs our great club that's what I like with our top brass.

No wasn't suggesting you, I was agreeing with you.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Might of proven that he was never there then released with out charge?

It’s pointless everybody arguing about it.

Nobody knows anything it’s just rumours and hear say at the moment.

I’d bet on French journalists are about as reliable as British ones.

The truth will come out soon.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
nins27 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

No wasn't suggesting you, I was agreeing with you.

Sorry pal, I thought u was having a pop at me .

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:09 pm

dogfound wrote:they are not views...just posting whats been actually reported which for some reason he doesn't like....

You have a perfect right to report what you have read in the press but TBH a press report is not a copper bottomed endorsement. Annis has different information also from the press which he has put out. We will see who is right but from where I'm standing it seems you are the one throwing his toys out the pram.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

It’s pointless everybody arguing about it.

Nobody knows anything it’s just rumours and hear say at the moment.

I’d bet on French journalists are about as reliable as British ones.

The truth will come out soon.

Exactly although I have nothing against anyone posting what they think they know.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 pm

I read an interesting article from a French newspaper going through the process of a private flight. The flight plan gets submitted with the details of the pilot. The flight plan can be submitted in person, online or even by telephone. However, when the pilot turns up to the airport to take the flight and hands in his ID, the pilots details aren't cross checked by the airport security with the pilot listed on the initial flight plan. In other words, one pilot can be listed on the flight plan, but a completely different pilot can turn up to fly the plane.

Dave Henderson was initially reported as the pilot, because his name was on the initial flight plan. It wasn't until the following day it was revealed the pilot was actually Dave Ibbotson. However, Nantes airport confirmed Henderson's passport was scanned through airport security and this suggests what Annis says he was told, that Henderson arrived at the airport but then declined to fly the plane. Henderson later said he hadn't been in Nantes for over a year, but surely this is a lie if Nantes airport said his passport was scanned through security?

Were both pilots scheduled to be on the plane despite only Henderson's name being listed on the initial flight plan? Was only Henderson's name on the flight plan because Ibbotson wasn't qualified to take the flight at night? Was Henderson wanting to keep Ibbotson's involvement hidden? It was reported Ibbotson aborted 3 take off attempts. It appears despite these failed take off attempts, Ibbotson was still determined to go ahead with the flight despite the dangerous conditions. Could Henderson have refused the flight because he didn't fancy it with the dangerous conditions and could Ibbotson have been pressured by Henderson to illegally take the flight under his name?

Henderson's behaviour has been suspicious ever since this tragedy, he closed down his Facebook account the following day and he seems very reluctant to talk. Hopefully, the experts questioning Henderson will have got closer to the truth. I just hope Sala's and Ibbotson's families can have the closure they need asap.