Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES ON ALL TRANSFERS '

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:43 pm

Neil Warnock gives major transfer updates on Liverpool target Neil Etheridge, Will Vaulks and the date of his first signing

Thursday 20th June 2019

Neil Warnock hopes to complete his first Cardiff City signing of the summer next week as he looks towards building for the club's return to the Championship.

The Bluebirds boss revealed he has spoken to four or five players and is hopeful of getting a deal over the line in the next few days.

Rotherham and Wales midfielder Will Vaulks is heavily-linked with a move to the Bluebirds, while former Oxford defender Curtis Nelson and three-cap German international Lewis Holtby have also been mentioned.

But Warnock claimed that nothing had been formalised yet and wouldn't be moved on adding fuel to the fire when it came to more transfer speculation.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We've nothing concluded yet," he said. "I've spoke to four or five about joining and we're hopeful we can get some medicals done.

"We're optimistic we can announce one or two before next weekend.

"You'll just have to wait and see. When the time comes to announce them, we will.

"Nothing seems to really move until July. Everything waits for that but I've been very active in that respect.

"I've known who my targets are since day one. I've had very good support from everyone upstairs.

"You do get disappointments in the transfer market but you can't let that affect you."

The first likely signing is Vaulks, although Warnock continues to give nothing away.

"I've seen a lot of speculation about many players, some I've not even considered," he said. "You'll just have to wait and see - it's not long now.

"We're still looking to bring in two or three players but that will depend on players going out and the availability of players.

"We've lost three midfield players so we're looking for at least a couple in there. That would give us a new lease. That's what I'm looking for - an injection of freshness around the place."

The Bluebirds boss also offered an update on goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, revealing that the club have yet to receive a bid for the 29-year-old.

After an impressive season in the top flight, Etheridge had been the target of reported interest from Aston Villa and Liverpool, but Warnock insists no concrete offers have come in for the Philippines shot-stopper.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I've had no offers whatsoever for Neil," he said.

"I've read comments that we've turned down an £8m offer from this club and that club, but I've not received any phone calls and I don't think Ken Choo has.

"We're quite happy about that. We think the squad that we've got, the goalkeepers that we've got, are very good.

"We're looking at how we can get more competition in all sorts of areas and goalkeeper is one of them."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATE: ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES ON ALL TRANSFERS '

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:46 pm

No bids for Neil Etheridge, says Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock

BBC

Thursday 20th June 2019

Cardiff City have not received any bids for goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, according to manager Neil Warnock.

Having impressed for Cardiff as they were relegated from the Premier League last season, Etheridge has been linked with a return to the top-flight with newly-promoted Aston Villa.

The Bluebirds, meanwhile, are interested in Newport keeper Joe Day.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We're looking at how we can get more competition in all sorts of areas and goalkeeping is one," said Warnock.

"I've had no offers whatsoever for Neil. I've read comments that we've turned down an £8m offer from this club and that club, but I've not received any phone calls and I don't think [Cardiff chief executive] Ken Choo has.

"We're quite happy about that. We think the squad that we've got, the goalkeepers that we've got, are very good."

Etheridge, 29, saved three penalties - a joint-high for the top-flight - and kept 10 clean sheets for Cardiff last season despite their relegation.

If the Philippines international was to leave, the Bluebirds would expect to make a healthy profit on a player they signed on a free transfer from Walsall in 2017.

In terms of signings, Warnock says he has been "very active" so far this summer as Cardiff aim to make an instant return to the Premier League.

They have agreed a fee with Rotherham for Wales midfielder Will Vaulks and, although Warnock would not reveal the identities of his transfer targets, he confirmed the need to strengthen in midfield.

"I've seen a lot of speculation about many players, some I've not even considered. You'll just have to wait and see - it's not long now," he added.

"We're still looking to bring in two or three players but that will depend on players going out and the availability of players.

"We've lost three midfield players [Aron Gunnarsson and last season's loanees Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa] so we're looking for at least a couple in there.

"That would give us a new lease of life. That's what I'm looking for - an injection of freshness around the place.

"I've known who my targets are since day one. I'm hoping we can announce something at the end of next week."

Re: BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES ON ALL TRANSFERS '

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:14 pm

If we can bring in Vaulks, Holtby, Nelson, another midfield and striker then i'll be happy.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Wolfpac wrote:If we can bring in Vaulks, Holtby, Nelson, another midfield and striker then i'll be happy.

Me too though I am not sure if we need another striker especially if Madine stays. I would rather have a third midfielder.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:31 pm

Wolfpac wrote:If we can bring in Vaulks, Holtby, Nelson, another midfield and striker then i'll be happy.

I think Warnock will bring in a winger as well.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Crayfish wrote:

Me too though I am not sure if we need another striker especially if Madine stays. I would rather have a third midfielder.

Please don't say we don't need another striker! Madine couldn't score in our last promotion season and we know we can't depend on Zohore.

I am absolutely sure that we need at least one more proven goalscorer and with the parachute payments the club should be able to afford it!

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:59 pm

CasualClive wrote:
Crayfish wrote:

Please don't say we don't need another striker! Madine couldn't score in our last promotion season and we know we can't depend on Zohore.

I am absolutely sure that we need at least one more proven goalscorer and with the parachute payments the club should be able to afford it!

Explain ??

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:01 am

I hope this doesn't turn into another " We have plenty of irons in the future, it's just getting them over the line" !!!!

A word of advice Mr Warnock, please don't wait on someone if they dragging it out, just move on.

( Ps. Deadline day turned out well last time mind lol )