Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Impact of loan players

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:36 am

Whilst most agree Victor and Harter did a decent job for us, we never seem to get the quality loan player that makes a real difference, players like Mount and Wilson at Derby, Abraham at Villa and there are countless more examples. What we need in this transfer window is a player like those to make a real impact

Re: Impact of loan players

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:41 am

Arter and definitely camarasa were quality loan players, I think if we didn’t have camarasa we probaly would’ve been relegated a few games earlier, he was incredible, his skill and quality in the middle of the park was just perfect to what we needed and if we didn’t get him, we probaly would’ve played a lot more ugly football all season but with him, we could play some nice stuff at times. But I do agree, when we’re in the championship, we don’t seem to bring in that much quality on loan like Bryson was good but mount and Wilson at derby nearly got them promoted single handedly. I think we should keep going aboard to find loan players and top 6 prem clubs, there’s so many names we could get on loan, think we should buy a striker and get mason greenwood on loan, he’d rip the championship apart

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:21 am

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Arter and definitely camarasa were quality loan players, I think if we didn’t have camarasa we probaly would’ve been relegated a few games earlier, he was incredible, his skill and quality in the middle of the park was just perfect to what we needed and if we didn’t get him, we probaly would’ve played a lot more ugly football all season but with him, we could play some nice stuff at times. But I do agree, when we’re in the championship, we don’t seem to bring in that much quality on loan like Bryson was good but mount and Wilson at derby nearly got them promoted single handedly. I think we should keep going aboard to find loan players and top 6 prem clubs, there’s so many names we could get on loan, think we should buy a striker and get mason greenwood on loan, he’d rip the championship apart

Agreed I liked both but Arter no goals and cant think of many assists, VC scored a couple of winning goals but neither were consistent game changers like Abraham or Wilson

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:29 am

65Blue wrote:Whilst most agree Victor and Harter did a decent job for us, we never seem to get the quality loan player that makes a real difference, players like Mount and Wilson at Derby, Abraham at Villa and there are countless more examples. What we need in this transfer window is a player like those to make a real impact

Decent? Probably two of our best players last season.

Agree about the championship though, for the first time in a while we are in a position where we should be pushing for promotion and clubs will probably look on us more favourably than some others.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:30 am

To be fair Camarasa was our joint top scorer with 5 goals. Not bad from midfield in a struggling team. The other joint top scorer was Bobby Reid. Generally Camarasa's presence it the team was positive and we looked far better and more dangerous going forward with him than without him.He missed 7 games through injury though and in those games we won 3 and lost 4.

Arter was different. I though he was just Ok. There were no goals, and at one point it was said he had no assists either! Also he only played 25 games out off 38 and only 6 after the end of January. He reminded me of Criag Bryson the season before, rain around a lot but didn't do much else, although Bryson did score two goals in less games than Arter.

Niasse though was a waste of wages I think.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:31 am

With the fact that we must have made a few million last year and we have the parachute payment, we should have plenty of money to outbid most other clubs in the loan market when it comes to paying 2 quality players their wages for a year. It makes sense rather than pay a large fee and get stuck with a three year contract.

Finding them is the hard bit though.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:48 am

65Blue wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Arter and definitely camarasa were quality loan players, I think if we didn’t have camarasa we probaly would’ve been relegated a few games earlier, he was incredible, his skill and quality in the middle of the park was just perfect to what we needed and if we didn’t get him, we probaly would’ve played a lot more ugly football all season but with him, we could play some nice stuff at times. But I do agree, when we’re in the championship, we don’t seem to bring in that much quality on loan like Bryson was good but mount and Wilson at derby nearly got them promoted single handedly. I think we should keep going aboard to find loan players and top 6 prem clubs, there’s so many names we could get on loan, think we should buy a striker and get mason greenwood on loan, he’d rip the championship apart

Agreed I liked both but Arter no goals and cant think of many assists, VC scored a couple of winning goals but neither were consistent game changers like Abraham or Wilson

Wilson wasn’t the most consistent, he did have some off games plus camarasa had to do it in the prem, Wilson and Abraham was doing it in the championship. If camarasa was playing in the championship, he’d had 10 goals and 10 assists a season, easy

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 am

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
65Blue wrote:

Wilson wasn’t the most consistent, he did have some off games plus camarasa had to do it in the prem, Wilson and Abraham was doing it in the championship. If camarasa was playing in the championship, he’d had 10 goals and 10 assists a season, easy

I would take his inconsistency with the 20 odd goals he scored from midfield, hence the fact !iverpool would sell for 25 mill

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:28 pm

65Blue wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
65Blue wrote:

I would take his inconsistency with the 20 odd goals he scored from midfield, hence the fact !iverpool would sell for 25 mill

Oh yeah, definitely, I’d take 15 goals :lol: I was just making the point that Wilson did go missing in some goals but yes as you said, will still put the ball in the net

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Ryan Kent- rw/lw at rangers last season from liverpool
Receese James- rb/ CM at signs from Chelsea
Arsenal boy on loan at Charlton last Season plays for Poland under 21s too plays CB/DM
Dwight Gayle I'd go all out for
My 4 players on loan

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:47 am

2blue2handle wrote:
65Blue wrote:Whilst most agree Victor and Harter did a decent job for us, we never seem to get the quality loan player that makes a real difference, players like Mount and Wilson at Derby, Abraham at Villa and there are countless more examples. What we need in this transfer window is a player like those to make a real impact

Decent? Probably two of our best players last season.

Agree about the championship though, for the first time in a while we are in a position where we should be pushing for promotion and clubs will probably look on us more favourably than some others.

Probably two of our best players ever