Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT help with IPhone battery replacement

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi guys, spot of bother, my iPhone 6s has completely gone, no battery icon appearing even hen plugged in to wall and pc not the cable as it’s a new cable, anybody on here replace batteries, I know my iCloud login details as I’m worried that apple would wipe my phone and when I get it fixed that even putting in iCloud details my pictures and videos of my daughter will have gone

Any help would be appreciated or if anybody knows any shops who do them

Re: OT help with IPhone battery replacement

Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:15 am

I don't know any shops over there but everything will still be available on your icloud when you do get it changed. Look on the Apple website & that should give you places that are authourised closest to you, usually an apple store though as they're notoriously picky about who they let into their stuff.When I had the battery replaced in my 6 I got lucky as there was a place 5 minutes away that was 1 of only 2 in the country authourised besides Apple stores (which had a 7 day wait list for service) and had just opened, took 20 minutes & $30 and I was good to go with everything as it was.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:06 am

Why not try doing it yourself?
I did it for my son’s 6S last year without any problems.
I bought the battery from Amazon and just followed a YouTube video. Took about 30 mins IIRC.
It was fiddly but really not that difficult.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:28 am

I had the same. Took at to Apple and they changed it for £25 as apparently the are aware of the battery issue.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:56 am

Had fat battery in my Iphone5 while on holiday, took it into Apple in town and they changed it, took 4 days. About a fortnight later it happened again, went back to Apple and bird said they’d have to send it away again. Told her I wasn’t having it and they gave me a new phone :clap:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:46 am

Thanks for the replies guys, Apple sorted it within 1 hour, battery replaced £45 happy days back online :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, Apple sorted it within 1 hour, battery replaced £45 happy days back online :bluescarf:

For future reference there’s a place on Cowbridge Rd that does repairs, good service and not too pricey. Had screens replaced etc.