Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why Vincent Tan have just helped out a Champions League team

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Why Vincent Tan have just helped out a Champions League team in their big match against Celtic

Daily Record

Sunday 23rd June 2019

Cardiff City and their owner Vincent Tan have come to the rescue of a Champions League team after a pay row threatened to overshadow their looming showdown with Celtic.

Bosnian champions FK Sarajevo, one of Tan's former clubs, meet Celtic next month in the qualifying rounds but their players threatened to go on strike over unpaid wages.

Tan still has big investments in FK Sarajevo.

Vietnamese businessman Nguyen Hoai Nam, who bought the club from Tan in April, revealed he went to the Bluebirds boss for help to resolve the dispute.

The Daily Record report the new owner as saying: "The issues have been resolved.

"I received the support and assistance of Vincent Tan and his Cardiff City club. He was able to transfer the salaries.

"The delay was because I was waiting for guidance from the Vietnamese State Bank and the Ministry of Investment.

"I've read the headlines about the delay and accept the criticism. I admit this was my fault - I lack experience when it comes to running a foreign football club.

"But everyone is back smiling in our club and there are no problems any more."

FK Sarajevo are one of a number of clubs Tan has had investment in, but his priority remain the Bluebirds.

Tan will hope to persuade chairman Mehmet Dalman to stay with the Welsh club, amid talk of a takeover at Charlton.

He has vowed to have a proper crack at promotion back to the Premier League in the upcoming season, with manager Neil Warnock set to bring in up to six new players.

Wales midfielder Will Vaulks will join shortly from Rotherham, while Newport County goalkeeper Joe Day has also been linked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.