Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Etheridge of Cardiff City linked again

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Aston Villa pursuit of Cardiff City star Neil Etheridge back on table as chase for Stoke City's Jack Butland hits buffers - reports

Neil Etheridge of Cardiff City

Monday 24th June 2019

Aston Villa will look to negotiate a cheaper price for Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, after seemingly being priced out of a move for Stoke City stopper Jack Butland, claim reports in the London media.

The Potters are demanding a price tag beyond what Villa are looking to pay this summer.

It's believed Butland is valued north of £20m by Stoke, and Etheridge is reportedly seen as a potentially cheaper option.

The future of the Philippines international has been the subject of intense speculation over the course of the summer, amid suggestions that Villa had already had a bid of around £8m rejected by the Bluebirds earlier in the summer.

However, those claims have been categorically denied by club insiders, and indeed Neil Warnock himself.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I've had no offers whatsoever for Neil," he said recently.

"I've read comments that we've turned down an £8m offer from this club and that club, but I've not received any phone calls and I don't think Ken Choo has.

"We're quite happy about that. We think the squad that we've got, the goalkeepers that we've got, are very good."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Etheridge of Cardiff City linked again

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:49 am

£10m cash and he's off

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:57 pm

NIBluebird wrote:£10m cash and he's off

Maybe,but if he goes,as long as it's to a premier league team,we shouldn't hold him back.if it's 10m cash,and not with clauses,ie relegation of whoever he plays for,not one based on surviving up there. :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:31 am

I don't think £10m is enough given current fees.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:12 am

I think 10m will be great business, can't see us getting anymore for him in the future.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:29 am

If Josh Murphy cost 11m with no prem experience then etheridge is worth at least 12.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think 10m will be great business, can't see us getting anymore for him in the future.

Personally, I'd like to see us getting more out of him in the future (rather than focusing on what we can get for him) :thumbright:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 am

£15Million upfront or stop wasting our time you brummie rejects

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:18 am

nubbsy wrote:If Josh Murphy cost 11m with no prem experience then etheridge is worth at least 12.

If NE goes it might yet be for a fee of £12m although I would see that as the maximum due to his age and only one years experience of PL football.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:18 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think 10m will be great business, can't see us getting anymore for him in the future.

£10M+ would be great business.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

£10M+ would be great business.

1o million down thats what we paid for reid and murphy

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:22 pm

£9m with a 20% sell on clause.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:22 pm

JulesK wrote:£9m with a 20% sell on clause.

I'd rather then 10m.