Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

any good carpenters on here

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:06 am

Covering caerphilly area

2 new spindle porch posts need replacing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: any good carpenters on here

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 am

Bottom sections rotting away
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:23 pm

To me they look like a pair of stair posts,shouldn't be too difficult to replace..

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Karen?

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Bluebina wrote:Karen?

Just remembered she died, so googled the other one - Richard?

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:39 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Covering caerphilly area

2 new spindle porch posts need replacing

Just spoke to my boss and he said, you would be lucky to get new ones, there was a company that did it in Bristol, but you would be better off looking in reclamation yards.

You could use a Newell, but they come as 4" square i think, unless you get lucky online. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:34 pm

A good chippy would splice a new section in, preferably in hardwood at the base. If you use Iroko, it'll probably outlast you. Much cheaper and less f***n around. You'll struggle to match, and you'll have to disengage the post from the canopy, without wrecking it.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:04 pm

rumpo kid wrote:A good chippy would splice a new section in, preferably in hardwood at the base. If you use Iroko, it'll probably outlast you. Much cheaper and less f***n around. You'll struggle to match, and you'll have to disengage the post from the canopy, without wrecking it.

This is on the money.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Good advice guys, cheers. If any carpenters want to price up job for the bottom sections happy days.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:20 pm

A good (real) carpenter is about as rare as Yeti shit these days, all the one's I've seen on site are wood butchers & ok with 6 inch nails. :lol:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Bluebina wrote:Karen?

wot the f**k are u sayin