Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tammy Abraham insists

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 am

ABRAHAM RELISHING POSSIBLE LAMPARD RETURN

Sky Sports

24/06/19

Tammy Abraham insists he is ready to break into Chelsea's first team next season and says "there is no better guy to play under" than Frank Lampard.

Chelsea are expected to make an approach for Derby manager Lampard after finding an agreement for Maurizio Sarri to leave Stamford Bridge and become Juventus head coach earlier this month.

Abraham says "there is no better time for a young player to be at Chelsea" with the club facing a two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA, and is excited by the prospect of working under the club's record-scorer.

"Yeah, if it was Lampard to take over the job. I believe in myself and there is no better guy to play under as well," said the 21-year-old, who scored 26 times on loan for Aston Villa last season.

"He's someone you have grown up watching and has been at Chelsea forever. Like I say, he knows about me as well - I played against his [Derby] team in the Championship play-off final!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.