Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

George Ratcliffe

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Season long loan to Barry Town

Re: George Ratcliffe

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 pm

f*cking hilariously proves my point.

When it comes to our academy there’s loads of people on this message board that claims to know the whole ins and outs but nobody has a clue.

The other day it was being claimed he was being eat marked for big things and he was getting drafted into the first team because we didn’t want to lose him.

Few days later he’s out on loan to Barry Town.

Now I’m not saying that’s his level or he’s never going to be any good. It’s just another player who’s been put on the hype train for no reason.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 am

I see it as a positive move. Although the Welsh Premier is mainly at a level of ability just below National League level ( apart from 2 or 3 teams), I can’t help that a full season playing against grown ups is better than a season playing with youngsters on empty playing fields. Presumably Andy Dibble had a day in this, and I definitely trust his judgment

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 am

The most important thing for a keeper is games and experience.

How many teams have a 18 year old number one keeper in any of the leagues, I don't know the answer but I doubt it's many.

A chance to get a young keeper games without having to relocate and can keep an eye on him and no doubt recall him anytime if needed.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:10 am

2blue2handle wrote:The most important thing for a keeper is games and experience.

How many teams have a 18 year old number one keeper in any of the leagues, I don't know the answer but I doubt it's many.

A chance to get a young keeper games without having to relocate and can keep an eye on him and no doubt recall him anytime if needed.

He'll probably still do the majority of his training with the City GK coaching staff too. Win win for all parties.