Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Tomlin - I'm Ready, no excuses, #MentalHealth

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:32 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzIPnb3B-se/

The line above is to Tomlins Instagram page, look at the shape on him. Seems to suggest he had some mental health problems but has got his head straight and this is his season. "This is for my kids" has Warnock offered him a chance with us losing 3 midfielders?

One thing is for certain he's in shape, can he get his head straight? Should we give him a chance when he's clearly worked hard in the off season

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208126
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Lee Tomlin - I'm Ready, no excuses, #MentalHealth

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Could just be a come and get me post to other clubs. But I agree I really hope he’s turned a corner and is up for the fight of getting in the firsts. Perfect opportunity for him with the current centre midfield situation.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:10 pm

I’ve no idea what he’s like around changing room etc but at this level a fit LT would be like a top new signing but... and it’s s big but, his head needs to be right and he must dance to Warnock tune.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:56 pm

I have been one of the many to slate him regards fitness,looking at his pic,he has been working hard :occasion5: he has,as many have suggested,plenty of talent,let's hope he has conquered his demon/s,it's now or never for him,and perhaps he has cottoned on at last :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm

I have been one of the many to slate him regards fitness,looking at his pic,he has been working hard :occasion5: he has,as many have suggested,plenty of talent,let's hope he has conquered his demon/s,it's now or never for him,and perhaps he has cottoned on at last :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:37 pm

I see no place for him in the team. Even if I thought he was up to it the only place he could fit is in the number 10 role and no way is he up to Reids quality.

Hopefully someone will take his wages over and he can go on a free.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:34 pm

looking skinny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:59 am

I've always said a fit Tomlin with his head in the correct place is a premier league quality midfielder

If he is finally in the right mindset he could be a great addition this season and will definitely strengthen the squad

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:18 am

Leicester??

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:52 am

JulesK wrote:Leicester??

He lives there I think. That's probably one of the issues that's alienating him atm

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:09 am

He's up for it mind. Just posted on Twitter how much he wants to play for Cardiff and help us go up again.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:18 am

Reid as a 9 and him as a 10 could be unstoppable if we keep the ball on the deck!!

Put Mendez & Murphy either side of that and its an attacking 4 not many championship defender's will stop!!

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:27 am

Even if he can be fit enough for the bench. Certainly can have a game changing role from there.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 am

The Lee Tomlin exclusive interview: I've sorted my life out and now I want to be a Cardiff City hero

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 am

The Lee Tomlin exclusive interview: I've sorted my life out and now I want to be a Cardiff City hero[/quote]
Sounds like he’s in Warnock’s plans after all. Reads well that interview - let’s see it in practice now Lee :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:56 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-tomlin-exclusive-interview-ive-16482667

The Lee Tomlin exclusive interview: I've sorted my life out and now I want to be a Cardiff City hero

Sounds like he’s in Warnock’s plans after all. Reads well that interview - let’s see it in practice now Lee :bluescarf:

Exactly how I see it. We know, Warnock knows and finally he knows, that he can be ace at championship level. But let's see it in practice.

He at least deserves a pre season! We'd be silly not to give him a chance after losing 3 midfielders. He could be like a new signing.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:The Lee Tomlin exclusive interview: I've sorted my life out and now I want to be a Cardiff City hero

Exactly how I see it. We know, Warnock knows and finally he knows, that he can be ace at championship level. But let's see it in practice.

He at least deserves a pre season! We'd be silly not to give him a chance after losing 3 midfielders. He could be like a new signing.

Agreed.
He didn’t play much for us in his first season but a chubby Tomlin had a few pure magic moments so imagine what a fit and up for it LT could be like.
Remember his turn in midfield v Sheff Utd? About 3 Inited players were completely taken out of the game in a flash. :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:30 am

2blue2handle wrote:I see no place for him in the team. Even if I thought he was up to it the only place he could fit is in the number 10 role and no way is he up to Reids quality.

Hopefully someone will take his wages over and he can go on a free.

So we cant have backups for that role? only Reid can play there?

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:50 am

I didn't think we'd ever see him in a city first team shirt again but if he's got his head on and he gaffer thinks he worth another shot then we should get behind him as he has the talent to ruin championship defences.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:19 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:Reid as a 9 and him as a 10 could be unstoppable if we keep the ball on the deck!!

Put Mendez & Murphy either side of that and its an attacking 4 not many championship defender's will stop!!

Would never happen under Warnock that's for sure.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 pm

I've got no faith in him making a successful come back. But the guy has got bags of quality so it would be nice to be proven wrong.