VAR

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VAR

Postby Knotty10 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Why don't they just operate this like cricket or tennis on an appeal basis? Just a thought
Knotty10

VAR

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VAR

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 pm

Knotty10 wrote:Why don't they just operate this like cricket or tennis on an appeal basis? Just a thought

Be even worse unless you restrict it to 2 appeals a half? But consensus of opinion it may well be gone after next seasons trial? Other night was total if 18 mins extra time in game mostly for var revues! At end day whos in charge of game ref or someone 200 miles away ? Yes good for offside but then its pedantic having someone 1 inch offside or onside as was other night.... and pundits saying it was correct call! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Knotty10 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:45 pm

Completely agree. But one review each. When a review is rejected. That's your lot?
Knotty10

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:41 pm

Knotty10 wrote:Completely agree. But one review each. When a review is rejected. That's your lot?

Ideal but that's not what var was about? Although its used all over Europe in leagues common knowledge is clubs don't like it because the one thing that football is about is excitement of celebrating a goal and that will go as every goal will be looked at so players are having to wait before goal is given or not before celebrating
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Knotty10 wrote:Completely agree. But one review each. When a review is rejected. That's your lot?

Ideal but that's not what var was about? Although its used all over Europe in leagues common knowledge is clubs don't like it because the one thing that football is about is excitement of celebrating a goal and that will go as every goal will be looked at so players are having to wait before goal is given or not before celebrating

Agree, to be honest I think VAR will eventually ruin it for me.
2blue2handle

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

People use major errors as reason for using it (obvious mistake) by officials but in reality there's not that many if any in a game? Var is telling refs to look at something ref as seen from 5 yds away if ref is being challenged for this what's point of having a referee! And like said is 1 inch an obvious mistake?
pembroke allan

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:40 am

I'm not sure whether I'd like to see it, but I imagine that the referee and linesmen could be replaced with a real time computer program which could monitor all areas of the play simultaneously and immediately register infringements.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:46 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm not sure whether I'd like to see it, but I imagine that the referee and linesmen could be replaced with a real time computer program which could monitor all areas of the play simultaneously and immediately register infringements.

Sounds about right :notworthy:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 am

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Luke, the Women's World Cup has already shown it will take away more than it gives; two hours to complete the 90-minute England game the other night! :shock:

#BarVAR :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Premier league already in trouble with the sporting bodies as they stated wont be using var for goalies feet on the line offence, but apparently it is a law of the game from June 1st so cannot ignore it.. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Premier league already in trouble with the sporting bodies as they stated wont be using var for goalies feet on the line offence, but apparently it is a law of the game from June 1st so cannot ignore it.. :old:

They’ve already changed that stupid rule haven’t they
Llan_Blue

Return to General Chat