Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Tomlin cm

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Lee Tomlin looks like he’s sorting his act out and if it’s not just a come and get me cry imagine this
Potential front 6 this season

Vaulks Tomlin

Nml Reid Murphy

Zohore

No doubt he has a lot of people too win over but imagine a fully fit lee Tomlin whose desperate to prove himself sitting in that midfield, that’s some creative team that is, is love this team, vaulks can do a lot of the defensive work and can also pass the ball, could always bring Bacuna and ralls on too close games down and add fresh legs, what do you think ?

Re: Lee Tomlin cm

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:32 pm

Tomlin is an attacking midfielder. So Would probably be Vaulks and Ralls in the middle and then rotate Reid and Tomlin in that attacking role. That’s if Tomlin can stay fit and if Warnock is even willing to give him another chance in the team.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Doesn't fit how we play, needs to be moved on.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 pm

I can’t see why he would suit that role, we like to play off a lot of second balls, surely he’s good enough too pick it up in the middle of the park and find a quick pass down the flanks or through the middle ? His passing has always impressed me and I’m sure he has plenty of fight in him to be in the middle of the park

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:56 am

My opinion, if we can get money for him, let him go, if not then use him.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:18 am

Moff. wrote:I can’t see why he would suit that role, we like to play off a lot of second balls, surely he’s good enough too pick it up in the middle of the park and find a quick pass down the flanks or through the middle ? His passing has always impressed me and I’m sure he has plenty of fight in him to be in the middle of the park

The middle two are all about energy, pressing and basically covering enough ground to not get overrun. Ifs why Whitts was moved on.
If Tomlin played it would have to be 10 and I can't see him getting ahead of Reid or Paterson.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Moff. wrote:I can’t see why he would suit that role, we like to play off a lot of second balls, surely he’s good enough too pick it up in the middle of the park and find a quick pass down the flanks or through the middle ? His passing has always impressed me and I’m sure he has plenty of fight in him to be in the middle of the park

The middle two are all about energy, pressing and basically covering enough ground to not get overrun. Ifs why Whitts was moved on.
If Tomlin played it would have to be 10 and I can't see him getting ahead of Reid or Paterson.

A fit Tomlin is better then Reid and Paterson.

He’s probably our best player if he’s pulled his finger out he needs to play. Just needs to prove it to Warnock.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

He’s probably our best player if he’s pulled his finger out he needs to play. Just needs to prove it to Warnock.

I disagree, I think Reid is a better player for our style, in my opinion he is the first name on the teamsheet next season.

and when was the last time Tomlin had a top season like Reid had last time he played in the championship?

Patterson you may have a point with but can you see Warnock playing him ahead of Tomlin? every time. A manager needs to have trust in his players and he knows what Patterson will give everytime.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I disagree, I think Reid is a better player for our style, in my opinion he is the first name on the teamsheet next season.

and when was the last time Tomlin had a top season like Reid had last time he played in the championship?

Patterson you may have a point with but can you see Warnock playing him ahead of Tomlin? every time. A manager needs to have trust in his players and he knows what Patterson will give everytime.

It doesn’t matter when the last time he had a top season was.

If Tomlin pulls his finger out and stays fit and determined then he is our best player.

He’s a game changer he can do things nobody else can.

A fat unmotivated Tomlin can f**k off back on loan to league 1.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:50 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

If Tomlin pulls his finger out and stays fit and determined then he is our best player.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I say get him out now while a gullible club will think he will stay fit.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm

This is attack minded but a midfield 3 of...

Vaulks
Reid Tomlin

The same as man city do it with

Fernandinho
David silva Bernardo silva

Have vaulks holding and let the players express themselves and attack , reid and tomlin are perfect for that, neil likes his wingers to track back and that added to our solid defence should be alright defensively. Go for it neil....

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 pm

Welsh Giants wrote:This is attack minded but a midfield 3 of...

Vaulks
Reid Tomlin

The same as man city do it with

Fernandinho
David silva Bernardo silva

Have vaulks holding and let the players express themselves and attack , reid and tomlin are perfect for that, neil likes his wingers to track back and that added to our solid defence should be alright defensively. Go for it neil....

Our players aren’t world class so we would get smashed every time we play a half decent team.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:47 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

We will have to agree to disagree.

I say get him out now while a gullible club will think he will stay fit.

Wages are the problem. There are probably a few clubs who are more than willing to take him on but not at the wages he's currently on.
I think there's two ways to look at this -
1) He's actually thought ' I need to sort myself'. He's done that and thought 'I'm going to knuckle down at CCFC
or
2)I've tried to leave CCFC but nobody is willing to take me on so I have no choice other than to go back and show willing.

To be fair, he could just come back here at his previous physical shape and just pick up his wages before moving away so fingers crossed that it's number 1 :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:32 am

A ball hasn’t been kicked in preseason, nobody is certain of Warnocks plans or picks as yet. No telling how Paterson will fair after returning from lengthy layoff and surgery. Tomlin deserves credit for taking the loans on the chin, for being left out of Prem squad and for finally getting his act together and getting in shape. The lad deserves a chance and that’s what preseason is all about. Let’s just see what Warnock and Co make of him?

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:23 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:A ball hasn’t been kicked in preseason, nobody is certain of Warnocks plans or picks as yet. No telling how Paterson will fair after returning from lengthy layoff and surgery. Tomlin deserves credit for taking the loans on the chin, for being left out of Prem squad and for finally getting his act together and getting in shape. The lad deserves a chance and that’s what preseason is all about. Let’s just see what Warnock and Co make of him?

I'm sorry I won't give him any credit for doing the bare minimum any professional footballer should do.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Doesn't fit how we play, needs to be moved on.

How do we play

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:56 pm

jockinwales wrote:

How do we play

I’d say, based on the last time in the championship, we don’t hang on to possession in our own half and press teams in the final third by getting the ball to that part of the pitch as quick as possible.
There’s a bit more to us than that but I’d say LT in form would certainly play a part.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:36 pm

jockinwales wrote:

How do we play

High energy and pressinh through midfield and number 10, Tomlin can't offer that.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Etheridge
Bamba. Morrison

Bruno. Bennett

Vaulks. Ralls

Tomlin
Llaing. Reid. Murphy.

What an attacking line up that is. Think that's one hell of a starting line up that's without hoilett, zohore and bacuna on bench

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:45 pm

neilst wrote:Etheridge
Bamba. Morrison

Bruno. Bennett

Vaulks. Ralls

Tomlin
Llaing. Reid. Murphy.

What an attacking line up that is. Think that's one hell of a starting line up that's without hoilett, zohore and bacuna on bench

I honestly think Reid upfront the way we play would be a disaster. We want him running onto the striker and using his energy not his back to goal chasing dead ends.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Tomlin get rid has been like a leach sucking the blood out of a club refusing to stop eating pies etc, if we cannot get better what hope is there for us, anybody that does not want to play for cardiff or goes out of there way to be awkward
then f off in my book

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:37 am

Llan_Blue wrote:

Saddest thing about Tomlin is the best game I saw him play was against us for Bristol City. :(