Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ross to rivals

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 am

I think we would be mad to loan Ross to any of our rivals, if a club wants him then let them fork out on a transfer fee, can you imagine another championship club helping us out...I think not

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football ... 6487233.jp

Re: Ross to rivals

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:58 am

No way on earth we should loan him, although I suppose the thinking maybe if we don't get promoted CB may think about going back to Man City/Premier League and that would leave us short for next season?? I would tell Hull (who will be a rival for promotion) it's buy or no deal!!

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:41 am

Roy wrote:I think we would be mad to loan Ross to any of our rivals, if a club wants him then let them fork out on a transfer fee, can you imagine another championship club helping us out...I think not

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football ... 6487233.jp

Hull loaned us Olifinjana...

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 am

Dange wrote:No way on earth we should loan him, although I suppose the thinking maybe if we don't get promoted CB may think about going back to Man City/Premier League and that would leave us short for next season?? I would tell Hull (who will be a rival for promotion) it's buy or no deal!!

If he isn't going to feature for us lets save his wages.

Hardly fair on Hull either as they have loaned us a plaer who will be key to our success this year and are covering part of his wages ;)

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:05 am

Dange wrote:No way on earth we should loan him, although I suppose the thinking maybe if we don't get promoted CB may think about going back to Man City/Premier League and that would leave us short for next season?? I would tell Hull (who will be a rival for promotion) it's buy or no deal!!

I agree Ross, Should Def not go to a Rival Club on loan.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:08 am

Lawnmower wrote:

Hardly fair on Hull either as they have loaned us a plaer who will be key to our success this year and are covering part of his wages ;)

Yes, sorry LM your right any team who are daft enough to lone us a quality player and assist by paying his wages should be repaid in kind so that we are all competing on level a playing field.....but it certainly looks like we can afford to pay Ross' wages as Annis posted that we are likely to be bringing in another quality player next week and putting Gerrard out on loan to Sheff Wed (which makes sense as they're not in the same league).

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:12 am

Dange wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Yes, sorry LM your right any team who are daft enough to lone us a quality player and assist by paying his wages should be repaid in kind so that we are all competing on level a playing field.....but it certainly looks like we can afford to pay Ross' wages as Annis posted that we are likely to be bringing in another quality player next week and putting Gerrard out on loan to Sheff Wed (which makes sense as they're not in the same league).

Yes, maybe though we can only afford to bring this other player in, by releasing the wages of Ross and Gerrard ? The Malaysians ARE backing us, but they have made it quite clear we have to stick to a strict budget in what we pay out in wages.

No good for Ross to be sat around doing nothing either and who is going to pay a decent fee for Ross at the mo, whilst he's rotting in the reserves his value will diminish, with only McDonalds benefitting. If he does well elsewhere in the Championship then we may be able to get the benefit in the future.

Lets be fair, if we see Hull as a threat we can't be seriously considering an auto promotion challenge.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:25 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Dange wrote:
Yes, maybe though we can only afford to bring this other player in, by releasing the wages of Ross and Gerrard ? The Malaysians ARE backing us, but they have made it quite clear we have to stick to a strict budget in what we pay out in wages.

No good for Ross to be sat around doing nothing either and who is going to pay a decent fee for Ross at the mo, whilst he's rotting in the reserves his value will diminish, with only McDonalds benefitting. If he does well elsewhere in the Championship then we may be able to get the benefit in the future.

Lets be fair, if we see Hull as a threat we can't be seriously considering an auto promotion challenge.
[/quote]

So I take it you dont rate Bostock, Zayette, Jay Simpson and Koren. I realise they have sold quite a few of their players but I still think the'll be there or there abouts and that letting them have Ross will strengthen their side. We've had offers and enquiries from a couple of other clubs for him too so I feel we could well lose him by the end of the transfer window anyway. In the end it's a balancing act because if a big bid comes in for Whitts or he sustains an injury where's the cover on the left outside of Bellers? If we lose both then our squad is significantly weaker IMO.
I thought he was a BK man btw! :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:51 am

I agree!! I am sure Celtic or Rangers would take him or Shef Wed.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:09 am

Dange wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Dange wrote:

So I take it you dont rate Bostock, Zayette, Jay Simpson and Koren. I realise they have sold quite a few of their players but I still think the'll be there or there abouts and that letting them have Ross will strengthen their side. We've had offers and enquiries from a couple of other clubs for him too so I feel we could well lose him by the end of the transfer window anyway. In the end it's a balancing act because if a big bid comes in for Whitts or he sustains an injury where's the cover on the left outside of Bellers? If we lose both then our squad is significantly weaker IMO.
I thought he was a BK man btw! :lol:[/quote]

All good players. But I rate Jay, Bellamy, Chopra, Koumas, and Oli higher :ayatollah: :lol:

Hull can take points of our rivals with Ross.