Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCENT KOMPANY TALKS BELLERS AFTER U-21 APPOINTMENT

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 am

'He is amazing... one of the most driven people I've met in football': Vincent Kompany insists it is a 'no-brainer' to appoint
By Jack Gaughan for MailOnline

Thursday 27th June 2019

Craig Bellamy Anderlecht U21 coach despite bullying allegations during spell at Cardiff

Vincent Kompany revealed he has 'full faith' in Craig Bellamy after appointing him Anderlecht Under-21 coach.

Cardiff City are currently investigating Bellamy after bullying allegations made by players he coached while Under-18 boss.

Kompany backed his man when unveiled as the new Anderlecht manager and insisted he needed characters like his former Manchester City team-mate around the place.

"Bellers is amazing," Kompany said. "In chaos lies opportunity. He's one of the most driven people I've ever met in football.

"He stood up for the good of the team over the good of himself. Whenever you speak football with him, we're from the same family in terms of how we speak about the game. He's one of the guys with the biggest hearts I've ever known in football.

"I hear the story of a person I trust, so I have full faith in the outcome. I like honest people, he's a guy who will come to me and say, "Look Vince, you're wrong", and I like that – in fact I demand it. It's a no-brainer. I have not come here to look good – I've come here to do a good job."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.