Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OFFICIAL " CCFC THREE NEW SIGNINGS “

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:07 am

2blue2handle wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:Let’s not write Tomlin off. He looks like he had done a lot of work so let’s see how his pre season goes too

I've written him off.

Luckily I don't think Warnock will get sucked in my a few sit ups either and we won't waste time and get a replacement in who fits how we play

I totally undersatnd your scepticism about Tomlin 2blue, I too had written him off as yesterdays man who was given more than one chance......but blew every one of them.

That said, I did take note of his quotes in the recent article, especially the praise for Warnock and his apparent realisation that, ultimately, he is in last chance saloon.

On paper I am wasting my "hope" that he may come good, but football is not played on paper.........I think pre season games will tell us where we are with this mercurial talent. :bluebird:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:42 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:These signings are all good news and were known to be 'on the cards' a weekweek or so ago

According to the same (trusted) report, there is a striker to follow very shortly :thumbup: :ayatollah::bluescarf:

Any more details on proposed striker signing, Chris.
Ps. I hear you have a liking for half cider / half lager :shock:

No names, mate; just a comment made by someone well ITK that we were signing a keeper, a holding midfielder and a striker "in the coming days" :thumbright:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:Let’s not write Tomlin off. He looks like he had done a lot of work so let’s see how his pre season goes too

I've written him off.

Luckily I don't think Warnock will get sucked in my a few sit ups either and we won't waste time and get a replacement in who fits how we play

I agree and think you're right, I'm not for giving players five chances!

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:14 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I've written him off.

I totally undersatnd your scepticism about Tomlin 2blue, I too had written him off as yesterdays man who was given more than one chance......but blew every one of them.

That said, I did take note of his quotes in the recent article, especially the praise for Warnock and his apparent realisation that, ultimately, he is in last chance saloon.

On paper I am wasting my "hope" that he may come good, but football is not played on paper.........I think pre season games will tell us where we are with this mercurial talent. :bluebird:

Trouble is that you never know when this mercurial player will be out of puff at a crucial moment and fail to tackle back, standing there like a pudding as his man runs off down the pitch.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:40 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I've written him off.

Trouble is that you never know when this mercurial player will be out of puff at a crucial moment and fail to tackle back, standing there like a pudding as his man runs off down the pitch.

Fair comment SJS...... but at least he's a thinner pudding than he was....

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:44 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:On the Newport Forum they seem to think we offered Joe Day, 7k a week not sure where they got that from but surely not?

Why not?

Seems about right, I would think that's the end of Murphy now unless he plans on moving Etheridge on or has lost complete faith in Smithies.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Welcome to ALL 3 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:On the Newport Forum they seem to think we offered Joe Day, 7k a week not sure where they got that from but surely not?

Why not?

Seems about right, I would think that's the end of Murphy now unless he plans on moving Etheridge on or has lost complete faith in Smithies.

I've always wondered why we paid so much money for Smithies but haven't given him one game