Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL " CCFC THREE NEW SIGNINGS “

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:06 pm

OFFICIAL: WARNOCK SIGNS THREE NEW PLAYERS

Thursday 27th June 2019

Will Vaulks, Curtis Nelson and Joe Day have all signed agreements to join up with Neil Warnock's first team squad ahead of the upcoming 2019/20 campaign.

Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO Ken Choo gave his thoughts on our three new signings, saying: “I’d like to welcome Will, Curtis and Joe to Cardiff City Football Club and I’m sure they’ll each contribute to what we’re trying to achieve this coming season.

"To be vying for promotion, we needed to ensure that we replaced those who left us at the end of last season with quality; we think we’ve done just that in adding these boys to our ranks.

"We’re delighted to have three new signings through the door before pre-season training begins and will be working hard over the coming weeks to ensure that more follow soon.”

Sky Sports

Cardiff City sign Will Vaulks from Rotherham United for a small fee.

Cardiff City have also announced the arrival goalkeeper Joe Day and central defender Curtis Nelson.

Day makes the short move from Newport County while Curtis Nelson joins following his contract expired at Oxford United.

Re: OFFICIAL " THREE NEW SIGNINGS

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Delete my thread...

Here's a pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Great news,now if we get Holtby and Lowe I'd be well happy.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:12 pm

All good signings in their own right.

Vaulks, probably the only starter. But the other 2 strengthen an already strong squad.

Welcome to the mad house lads :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:15 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:All good signings in their own right.

Vaulks, probably the only starter. But the other 2 strengthen an already strong squad.

Welcome to the mad house lads :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

When Etheridge leaves, Day will be starting.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Newport County supporter here.
All the best to Joe Day. He had four and a half years with County.
Had an occasional mare of a game but is quality.
Hope he does the business for Cardiff.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:19 pm

good signings ,we need a couple of strikers , i think we got a very strong championship squad already ,with reid and Murphy much better than the tear we went up

Re: OFFICIAL " CCFC THREE NEW SIGNINGS “

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:29 pm

Cheers Ned :thumbright: :bluebird:

Just added them here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:good signings ,we need a couple of strikers , i think we got a very strong championship squad already ,with reid and Murphy much better than the tear we went up

Not sure front men are the gaffers priority Wez.Got a sneaking feeling hes gonna go with what he's got which is why I think we may see 1 or 2 more across midfield.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:good signings ,we need a couple of strikers , i think we got a very strong championship squad already ,with reid and Murphy much better than the tear we went up

Not sure front men are the gaffers priority Wez.Got a sneaking feeling hes gonna go with what he's got which is why I think we may see 1 or 2 more across midfield.

If that's the case, I'll be happy. It would be nice to get a striker in, but what we have is good enough for this league. Midfield until today was very weak. Still need another one or 2 there.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:39 pm

They are either expecting Etheridge to go or Smithies to go out on loan/sold.

I think Vaulks will give us something we have lacked in midfield for sometime now.

Nelson I think just makes sense, we needed someone younger to put in the mix in defence and sol out for a while and on a free.

Gets in key positions with little spent, now to bring in a striker, right back another midfield and of course a striker.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:44 pm

I’ve seen quite a lot of day for Newport as I pop over now and again. I rate him. Very good shot stopper. Not that great with the distribution, but as we know Warnock just wants the ball gone and doesn’t want his keepers playing out from the back so it’s a good signing I think

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:58 pm

3 decent signings to bolster an already strong outfit.
I know NW said he wanted 6 to come in but knowing him it will be around 8.

Be interesting to see where the money is spent and on who. He will also bring in loan deals nearer the end of the window. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Very happy with those. Only saw Day in the playoffs for Newport but thought he looked really good. I Assume that means either Ethridge I'd going or Emithies maybe on loan. Our youth team keeper is supposed to the the best youth team player too. Another one or two midfielders would be good.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Two are gambles
One looks very promising in Vaulks

All three are league one players or below at the moment.

We have just signed a player from
Newport, oxford and Rotherham

Not exactly the premier league quality we were looking for to boost us straight back up , I suppose you have to have faith in Warnocks judgement though

If Russel Slade or another manager had signed those three would the reaction be different ?

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:33 pm

thomasblue wrote:Two are gambles

Not exactly the premier league quality we were looking for to boost us straight back up , I suppose you have to have faith in Warnocks judgement though

If Russel Slade or another manager had signed those three would the reaction be different ?

I see your point but tbf all 3 are possibly the top players st their clubs (as Etheridge and NML were ).
I hope we buy one or two quality proven performers but I’m more than happy to see players develop with us rather than journeymen coming for a retirement option.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Can see what your saying but if he can get us promoted again with this squad then a collection for a statue needs to be started.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Nice that we haven’t t spent a lot in these 3.

Seen fees ranging from £1.5m to £3.5m for Vaulks and the others are freed.

Might need to move a couple on to make room.

I guess Brian Murphy will be leaving unless one of Smithies or Etheridge goes.
There’s still been no announcement on whether he agreed a new contract or not, and Connolly is now 5th choice centre half.

We’ve also still got Madine and Bogle on the books.
Can’t keep both of these AND Ward, Zohore , Reid etc... especially if we want another striker in

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:49 pm

The others are freed? I didn't realise they'd been locked up!

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Can see what your saying but if he can get us promoted again with this squad then a collection for a statue needs to be started.

His ambition is to get us up at a reasonable cost ! Do that and will need new players for premier league is that a cost effective in long term probably not , so what happens after this season if he retires as expected? Club certainly wont have premier class team...

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Vaulks should come in to start.

Warnock did the same last time with NML and Etheridge and I think they did OK.

I don't see the other two as much of a gamble really, I doubt any will be first choice unless they excel so win win, freshening up the squad to keep the rest on their toes while keeping fund for key areas.

Wouldn't say any different if Slade signed them although I think Warnocks record allows people to have more faith.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:27 pm

These signings are all good news and were known to be 'on the cards' a weekweek or so ago

According to the same (trusted) report, there is a striker to follow very shortly :thumbup: :ayatollah::bluescarf:

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Sven wrote:These signings are all good news and were known to be 'on the cards' a weekweek or so ago

According to the same (trusted) report, there is a striker to follow very shortly :thumbup: :ayatollah::bluescarf:

Any more details on proposed striker signing, Chris.
Ps. I hear you have a liking for half cider / half lager :shock:

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:02 pm

Let’s not write Tomlin off. He looks like he had done a lot of work so let’s see how his pre season goes too

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Cracking start to the transfer market. Great value for money. I’d like another two CMs and possibly a striker as the next targets

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm really looking forward to this season and I remember what I thought when we signed Mark Delaney from Carmarthen and look what a signing he turned out to be

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:42 pm

On the Newport Forum they seem to think we offered Joe Day, 7k a week not sure where they got that from but surely not?

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:Let’s not write Tomlin off. He looks like he had done a lot of work so let’s see how his pre season goes too

I've written him off.

Luckily I don't think Warnock will get sucked in my a few sit ups either and we won't waste time and get a replacement in who fits how we play

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:59 pm

RV Casual wrote:On the Newport Forum they seem to think we offered Joe Day, 7k a week not sure where they got that from but surely not?

Why not?

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:20 pm

Good players and especial Will Vaulks :thumbright: