Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players you've played against??

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 pm

For me it was seedorf!! Different gravy. Rebrov and shevchenko were class together. Kluivert was decent

Re: Players you've played against??

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Knotty10 wrote:For me it was seedorf!! Different gravy. Rebrov and shevchenko were class together. Kluivert was decent

Am I reading this correctly?
We name players that we’ve played against?
David Giles is the one and only for me, and that was a training session.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:02 pm

Craig Bellamy, i played for rhiwbina against him when i was 12 ,he scored loads then :lol:

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:08 pm

Knotty10 wrote:For me it was seedorf!! Different gravy. Rebrov and shevchenko were class together. Kluivert was decent

you been on the smack?

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Kayne Mclaggon The once Southampton player now plays for Barry Town, I am about 6 yrs older than him and his brother Kelvin used to go swimming lessons at the leisure centre at the same time as my sister so me and my dad started playing footy in the hall and this little kid about 5 years old started joining in, he was shit hot then turned out to be a decent player and a lovely guy

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Phil dwyer and the legendary barry john! Ok not footballer but every good one all the same :old:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:47 am

Any centre halves on here going to come clean about getting skinned by lee trundle in the welsh leagues... :oops:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:

you been on the smack?

:lol: FIFA on XBox?

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:12 am

Most of Barry town players. And Aaron Ramsey

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:48 am

Gareth Bale from a your age through to highscool. When he was a kid playing for Eglwys Newydd then whitchurch high. Wasnt the biggest lad back then but neither was I - however he was only taking touches with his right foot he was that much better than the rest of us. I remember my team mate shoulder charged him into some hoardings during a PS2 tournament about 15 years ago and there was uproar!! Threats that Southampton were going to take legal action.

Other than that, Leanne Jeanne over the llanrumney playing fields. The guy was breezing through a game and probably but the ball through everyones legs at least one. Wasted talent

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:21 am

Played for a rest of the world side in an annual match organised by Stanley Matthews in his latter years in Burlington Ontario in Canada. Run by his local pub. He was still quality in his 70s. This was 1985.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:25 am

Mark Pembridge
Jason Bowen
Stephen Jenkins

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:39 am

Lamboy88 wrote:Gareth Bale from a your age through to highscool. When he was a kid playing for Eglwys Newydd then whitchurch high. Wasnt the biggest lad back then but neither was I - however he was only taking touches with his right foot he was that much better than the rest of us. I remember my team mate shoulder charged him into some hoardings during a PS2 tournament about 15 years ago and there was uproar!! Threats that Southampton were going to take legal action.

Other than that, Leanne Jeanne over the llanrumney playing fields. The guy was breezing through a game and probably but the ball through everyones legs at least one. Wasted talent

great school eglwys newydd i went there ,lots of sports starts did

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:31 am

I played against the late Robbie James a few weeks before he passed away, playing for Llanelli, he could still do it in the Welsh League.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:04 am

I played on Ninian park around 99ish against a team that included Billy Ayre (Beast of a man, lovely guy). Jimmy Goodfellow, and had the pleasure of marking George wood. He destroyed me and scored an incredible hat trick.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:08 pm

played against Arsenal in especially arranged game when Tony Adams got release from prison.
Tony Adams was different class also Paul Davis.
Denis Wise / Andy Townsend played Chelsea preseason in theoir 1st season in Premiership 92/93 lost 3-1
Simon Garner
Darren Barnard played in same team when he got signed by Chelsea.
Leo Fortune West when he played non-league for Bishop Stortford
Ade Akinbiyi and Tony Thorpe for Bristol City on their debut together- different gear!
loads of ex pros whos legs have gone but their footballing brain still quick as ever

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Nigel Vaughan played for Lodge (Caerleon) I played for Oakfield (Cwmbran).

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Ivor Allchurch in the mid 70s, I think he was playing for Pondardawe Athletic.

Also ex City striker Bobby Brown, in a charity cricket match, I bowled him first ball....he wasn't happy being bowled by a young bank clerk.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Played against Paul Wheeler, playing for Aberaman AFC in the Welsh League, shortly before he joined City. Decent enough Striker who knew where the net was...and David Giles who played for Newport YM after his playing days were over.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Lee Trundle when he was Llanelli
Jeff eckhardt risca
Jonathan Coates ex Jack
Lee Philips
Scott young
Jason price played witj ex Jack
Leon jeane Layton Maxwell
Fair few of em in welsh league

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:02 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
seedorf, kluivert for Wales schoolboys at abergevennys ground. Shevchenko, rebrov for Barry against dynamo Kiev.....

you been on the smack?

:lol: FIFA on XBox?

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:07 pm

0kluivert against Holland schoolboys
at abergevennys ground. Shevchenko and rebrov for Barry against dynamo Kiev

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Didnt realise Jay from the inbetweeners was a Bluebird.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 pm

streamfeeder wrote:

Google me babes

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:49 pm

Knotty10 wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

Google me babes

what’s ur name i

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Lamboy88 wrote:Gareth Bale from a your age through to highscool. When he was a kid playing for Eglwys Newydd then whitchurch high. Wasnt the biggest lad back then but neither was I - however he was only taking touches with his right foot he was that much better than the rest of us. I remember my team mate shoulder charged him into some hoardings during a PS2 tournament about 15 years ago and there was uproar!! Threats that Southampton were going to take legal action.

great school eglwys newydd i went there ,lots of sports starts did

same here wez

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Knotty10 wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

Google me babes

what’s ur name i
Gareth knott my friend. The same Gareth Knott that nutmegged Jan molby on trial at Swansea. Just before I went to Barry

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:03 am

I am not sure about played against but refereed them
Joe Dwyer - South Wales Police - Welsh League
Don Murray - Cardiff Corries - Welsh league
Mat Le Tissier - Southampton - Football Com
Fowler & McMannerman - Liverpool - FA youth Cup
Terry Boyle - Merthyr - GM Vauxhall Conference

These are the ones I can rememeber :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:17 am

Andy Dibble
Jimmy Mullen
Keith Pontin
Paul Maddy

Oh and the legend Phil Dwyer he kicked the shit out of me.....

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Knotty10 wrote:
Knotty10 wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

Google me babes

what’s ur name i
Gareth knott my friend. The same Gareth Knott that nutmegged Jan molby on trial at Swansea. Just before I went to Barry

Gareth Knott are u the same age as me ? 42/43? If u are I think I played with u for gwent when we were in comp I went to abertillery comp and u were pontlanfrith or somewhere blackwood area long-time ago. U were pretty good then tbf.

Best I've played against was Paul merson Matt or tissier and Bryan Robson also scored a goal past peter shilton all in a charity match