Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SKY SPORTS:NEIL WARNOCK 'PLEASED' WITH BUSINESS

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:01 am

NEIL WARNOCK 'PLEASED' WITH BUSINESS

Sky Sports

Friday 27th June 2019

Cardiff City announced three signings today - Will Vaulks, Joe Day and Curtis Nelson - and manager Neil Warnock is happy with the business that has been done so far.

“We’ve been working hard in the background for the last few weeks really," he told the club's official website. "There’s been a lot of speculation around and I think that all three players have got something to prove.

“I’m really pleased and think that they’ll fit in well having met them. I’ve been after Will Vaulks for a few weeks now, and from the first meeting that I had with him I know that he was just our cup of tea, really.

“The squad will be changing over the next few weeks and I wanted to get these three in quickly. Curtis Nelson is a lad that I’ve liked since he was at Plymouth Argyle many years ago when I watched him – I always felt he could go right to the very top.

“I’m really pleased with this week’s business and I’m looking forward to getting back into it now."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SKY SPORTS:NEIL WARNOCK 'PLEASED' WITH BUSINESS

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:16 am

Sky Sports

Cardiff City sign Will Vaulks from Rotherham United for a small fee.

Cardiff City have also announced the arrival goalkeeper Joe Day and central defender Curtis Nelson.

Day makes the short move from Newport County while Curtis Nelson joins following his contract expired at Oxford United.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:46 am

I'm a bit worried about this squad will be changing stuff.
If we start selling all our best players and replacing them with cheap ones we'll be throwing a great chance away.

The only signing so far which is inspiring is Will Vaulks, and that's a bit of a punt really. The others are squad players really, although obviously I want them to break through and do well.

I'm starting to get a bit worried that Sir Neil is happier to be the perpetual underdog than the team everyone wants to beat.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:49 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm a bit worried about this squad will be changing stuff.
If we start selling all our best players and replacing them with cheap ones we'll be throwing a great chance away.

The only signing so far which is inspiring is Will Vaulks, and that's a bit of a punt really. The others are squad players really, although obviously I want them to break through and do well.

I'm starting to get a bit worried that Sir Neil is happier to be the perpetual underdog than the team everyone wants to beat.

I think your getting unnecessarily lathered up old boy. :lol: Didn't he also say he's got his best championship squad ever.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:54 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm a bit worried about this squad will be changing stuff.

I think your getting unnecessarily lathered up old boy. :lol: Didn't he also say he's got his best championship squad ever.

Very true, it’s a squad that cost nearly £60 million, many of the players have already been promoted from the championship and most of them will have premier league experience

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:01 am

We haven't sold any yet?

Let's wait and see, I think we will get an upgrade in the Strikers department and a better Midfielder than Ralls and Vaulks come in!!!
If so we will be rock solid strong right through the spine of the team, and come to that out wide too!

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:58 am

Damour, connelly, Brian murphy, Harris (gone) Madine?, Tomlin, Healey ?
Gunners gone (Arter, camarasa, Niasse all gone) Bogle
To name a few :thumbup:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:54 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Very true, it’s a squad that cost nearly £60 million, many of the players have already been promoted from the championship and most of them will have premier league experience

Oh yeah, I agree. Providing we keep what we've got we've already got its a squad which can steamroller the championship. I'm just worried about talk of changing personnel because I'd have thought he'd have said we were going to add players if that's what he'd meant.
Some vital areas contain real quality and we've got to retain that as well as beefing up the midfield and maybe a new striker.
You're probably right that I'm being paranoid though, and I hope so.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:57 am

Igovernor wrote:

Most of that has effectively already happened so I don't think that's what he can be talking about.
In my opinion we'd be daft to get rid of Rhys Healey though, even though he's getting to an age where he should have matured a bit more, because I still think he's got a future potential

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:56 pm

could look at it another way saying it's going to be changing from the new signings coming in

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:55 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Most of that has effectively already happened so I don't think that's what he can be talking about.
In my opinion we'd be daft to get rid of Rhys Healey though, even though he's getting to an age where he should have matured a bit more, because I still think he's got a future potential

Doing what? Serving the pints? He's useless.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:04 pm

As posted before - Personally pleased with these 3 .

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:43 pm

Don't see too many more leaving. At Penydarren Park in Merthyr last year he said Cardiff would adopt the Burnley model and if we got relegated would strengthen and push to go straight back up. In Warnock we trust. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Stairway to Merthyr wrote:Don't see too many more leaving. At Penydarren Park in Merthyr last year he said Cardiff would adopt the Burnley model and if we got relegated would strengthen and push to go straight back up. In Warnock we trust. :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:00 pm

Maybe he is. But let’s face it, he should know how it all works. And, if he’s not successful, then he’s not left us in the poop, right?

If recent years supporting City have told us anything, then getting good value signings is surely the key?!