Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Anyone else watching the women’s world up

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:34 am

Oh dear - a majority of the responses to my post :o are quite shocking really. I had expected perhaps a better level of maturity however quite a few sexist comments! The women’s game appears a lot more cleaner and less pointless stops due to diving and rolling on the floor crying and acting. Don’t get me wrong I love all football and that’s why I appreciate both men’s and women’s football. If you find it boring and slow then I question why you were watching it in the first place but I can’t really say I agree - it’s quite exciting and some of skill levels are equal if not better than the men’s game. I agree on the fact the men add more power and physical strength but that’s about it really. We have to remember that these women earn peanuts compared to men. And just a few years ago they worked a full time job, probably geared children, took care of the home and played football when they had time. Therefore had a lot less time to develop their football career, let alone have access to the best science in terms of diet, physio and health care. And all the above is coming from a guy!

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:45 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Oh dear - a majority of the responses to my post :o are quite shocking really. I had expected perhaps a better level of maturity however quite a few sexist comments! The women’s game appears a lot more cleaner and less pointless stops due to diving and rolling on the floor crying and acting. Don’t get me wrong I love all football and that’s why I appreciate both men’s and women’s football. If you find it boring and slow then I question why you were watching it in the first place but I can’t really say I agree - it’s quite exciting and some of skill levels are equal if not better than the men’s game. I agree on the fact the men add more power and physical strength but that’s about it really. We have to remember that these women earn peanuts compared to men. And just a few years ago they worked a full time job, probably geared children, took care of the home and played football when they had time. Therefore had a lot less time to develop their football career, let alone have access to the best science in terms of diet, physio and health care. And all the above is coming from a guy!

Well you put it out here and got people expressing their views it's all about perception? I've watched some of it just to see what it is like as really 1st time it's been on mainstream TV!
There was one instance where a player did a cruyff turn all be it slower and the female commentator actually said thought was better than original one? Yes they have skill but at times a bit ott with analysis, Anyway be switched on Tues see if they do better than their Male counterparts :thumbup:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Oh dear - a majority of the responses to my post :o are quite shocking really. I had expected perhaps a better level of maturity however quite a few sexist comments! The women’s game appears a lot more cleaner and less pointless stops due to diving and rolling on the floor crying and acting. Don’t get me wrong I love all football and that’s why I appreciate both men’s and women’s football. If you find it boring and slow then I question why you were watching it in the first place but I can’t really say I agree - it’s quite exciting and some of skill levels are equal if not better than the men’s game. I agree on the fact the men add more power and physical strength but that’s about it really. We have to remember that these women earn peanuts compared to men. And just a few years ago they worked a full time job, probably geared children, took care of the home and played football when they had time. Therefore had a lot less time to develop their football career, let alone have access to the best science in terms of diet, physio and health care. And all the above is coming from a guy!

Well you put it out here and got people expressing their views it's all about perception? I've watched some of it just to see what it is like as really 1st time it's been on mainstream TV!
There was one instance where a player did a cruyff turn all be it slower and the female commentator actually said thought was better than original one? Yes they have skill but at times a bit ott with analysis, Anyway be switched on Tues see if they do better than their Male counterparts :thumbup:

I have no problems with people expressing their views mate - some of the comments to my post were quite bad for example - having time to manicure etc between shots on goal! Anyways, looking forward to tomrw night to see the outcome. :)

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:08 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’m not a fan but why complain as it’s completely different to men’s football.
Just like women’s tennis, it’s not as quick and powerful but it’s still ok to watch as long as you take it for what it is.

Totally agree with you there!!!

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:15 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I have no problems with people expressing their views mate - some of the comments to my post were quite bad for example - having time to manicure etc between shots on goal! Anyways, looking forward to tomrw night to see the outcome. :)

It appeared Norwegian players were manacuring their nails for Englands 3rd goal
for all the time gave her to shoot ! :laughing6:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:47 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It appeared Norwegian players were manacuring their nails for Englands 3rd goal
for all the time gave her to shoot ! :laughing6:

It took so long for the ball to travel from the corner flag into the area, there was almost time to make a cup of coffee while waiting. How the England scorer was not picked up is a mystery. When the kick was taken somebody could have strolled down from the back of the stand and made a better job of marking the England player, and as previously stated, this was a corner tried out by England several times earlier. In all honesty, I think this England side would struggle in any of the local leagues, but probably unfair to compare it to real football. I have watched about an hour of this World Cup competition, and I find it about as enthralling as watching the weeds grow in my garden. Not for me, but each to his own, and I'm sure some folks enjoy it.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:51 am

Reminds me of watching the City in the eighties and nineties without the physicality get in the last third of the pitch and forever picking the wrong option,sadly what it’s lacking is a real superstar to push the game on,listen to Phil Neville saying England have the worlds best player,but isn’t she a full back and one of 5he reasons he gave was that she was stronger and quicker than other players,not enough individual skill on display for me,it’s football alright but definitely not the beautiful game

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:01 am

since64 wrote:Reminds me of watching the City in the eighties and nineties without the physicality get in the last third of the pitch and forever picking the wrong option,sadly what it’s lacking is a real superstar to push the game on,listen to Phil Neville saying England have the worlds best player,but isn’t she a full back and one of 5he reasons he gave was that she was stronger and quicker than other players,not enough individual skill on display for me,it’s football alright but definitely not the beautiful game

Funny enough my thoughts was if thats the best there definitely is a lack of quality throughout the womans game (yes she is full back) :old:

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:13 am

Well it's a good job they lost otherwise the BBC would be forcing it down everyone's throats forever more.
It's nauseating the way they were trying to portray it as being equal to the real World Cup and pretending that everyone was on the edge of their seats about it.
As I said earlier it's just the latest social engineering project by the traitor elite and it won't be long before they're demanding equal pay to Ronaldo and Bale and changing the rules do you've got to have a couple of women in every team.

What can we expect next , the gay World Cup or the tranny World Cup ?

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:46 am

Don't have a problem with, why would I? But I can't say I'm converted, I have seen the odd bit, I saw England vs Cameroon which was awfull, I saw the second half of England vs USA and it had a few decent spells and I saw extra time of last nights game which included a nice finish from the Dutch girl but whilst it has a place the way they are hoping it will grow is just fantasy. Would anyone one on here seriously follow a team in the WSL alongside following Cardiff, it's not going to happen is it for loads of reason mainly time and money from a fans point of view.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 am

RV Casual wrote:Don't have a problem with, why would I? But I can't say I'm converted, I have seen the odd bit, I saw England vs Cameroon which was awfull, I saw the second half of England vs USA and it had a few decent spells and I saw extra time of last nights game which included a nice finish from the Dutch girl but whilst it has a place the way they are hoping it will grow is just fantasy. Would anyone one on here seriously follow a team in the WSL alongside following Cardiff, it's not going to happen is it for loads of reason mainly time and money from a fans point of view.

RV your lucky in missing 1st 90mins it was awful football, personally think it's got a long way to go to be attractive to a wider following there is just not the quality of football that makes it exciting enough, yes seen one or two quality players but even they are limited in quality.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:55 am

RV Casual wrote:Don't have a problem with, why would I? But I can't say I'm converted, I have seen the odd bit, I saw England vs Cameroon which was awfull, I saw the second half of England vs USA and it had a few decent spells and I saw extra time of last nights game which included a nice finish from the Dutch girl but whilst it has a place the way they are hoping it will grow is just fantasy. Would anyone one on here seriously follow a team in the WSL alongside following Cardiff, it's not going to happen is it for loads of reason mainly time and money from a fans point of view.

Can’t beat a nice finish from a Dutch girl.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:19 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

;)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Only watched 10 minutes of America v England. Best of luck to them but it's a Terrible standard of football.
America were beaten 6-2 in a world cup friendly by an under 15 boys team from Dallas. The beeb promote it as elite sport. Madness.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:19 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Well it's a good job they lost otherwise the BBC would be forcing it down everyone's throats forever more.
It's nauseating the way they were trying to portray it as being equal to the real World Cup and pretending that everyone was on the edge of their seats about it.
As I said earlier it's just the latest social engineering project by the traitor elite and it won't be long before they're demanding equal pay to Ronaldo and Bale and changing the rules do you've got to have a couple of women in every team.

What can we expect next , the gay World Cup or the tranny World Cup ?

Lol

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:36 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I've heard most of the girls you can "meet" there aren't actually Dutch :lol: however, I'm still glad it got broadcasted, they do play differently when compared to men, but it's interesting to see how football can be played in another way than what we're used to.