Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone else watching the women’s world up

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:24 pm

Yes ok, I know Wales aren’t in it but have been following it. The quality and tempo is very good and actually much more enjoyable than watching the men’s world cup. I know some people don’t like watching the women’s football but these ladies are very very good.

Re: Anyone else watching the women’s world up

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Yes ok, I know Wales aren’t in it but have been following it. The quality and tempo is very good and actually much more enjoyable than watching the men’s world cup. I know some people don’t like watching the women’s football but these ladies are very very good.

It's not bad but tbh find it slow? Last nights game seemed to go on for ever! Bit like city holding out for a win in last 10 mins time stands still. :old:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:31 pm

Hope Solo :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Very nice!

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:52 pm

France very unlucky tonight.

Absolutely battered the USA, but heading out of the tournament.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 pm

It's an odd experience watching football and fancying the players! Norwegian keeper is very nice!

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Watch quite a few games, not amazing but enjoyed :thumbright:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:06 pm

FRANCE 1-2 USA - Tonight over 45,000 in the ground .

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:09 pm

I’m all for women in the workplace but the women’s World Cup has been nothing short of a disaster, the amount of shit passes, shit shots and play has been an eye opener

Boring as f**k

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:51 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I’m all for women in the workplace but the women’s World Cup has been nothing short of a disaster, the amount of shit passes, shit shots and play has been an eye opener

Boring as f**k

what a terrible post, almost akin to ‘I’m not racist I have a black friend’.

Think the game could be improved my reducing the gol size though, nothing patronising but most of the keepers are about half a foot too small for the goal

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:00 am

The game is so slow it's like watching a compter game set up for beginners. When England scored from a corner in the week, by the time the ball arrived at the feet of the scorer, she had time to manicure her nails while waiting for the ball to reach her. I think Neville said after the game it was nothing like football - he was right there.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:22 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:The game is so slow it's like watching a compter game set up for beginners. When England scored from a corner in the week, by the time the ball arrived at the feet of the scorer, she had time to manicure her nails while waiting for the ball to reach her. I think Neville said after the game it was nothing like football - he was right there.

That goal was the 3rd attempt to score in that way so obviously something in the female brain said they wouldn't score so no need to mark player! But as I said Steve time stood still was so slow!

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:29 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:I’m all for women in the workplace but the women’s World Cup has been nothing short of a disaster, the amount of shit passes, shit shots and play has been an eye opener

Boring as f**k

Think the game could be improved my reducing the gol size though, nothing patronising but most of the keepers are about half a foot too small for the goal

What a ludicrous post.. almost akin to ' I'm not dwarfist, I have a short friend'.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:41 am

Let's not kid ourselves, it's awful and a good under 12 side would beat them.

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch any womens football.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:49 am

It's a social project paid for by the BBC with tax payer money.
Football is one of the few places anyone can escape to from the horrible politically correct world we live in and that won't be tolerated.
The eventual outcome will be that football itself will be ended as we've known it and it'll become a ladies sport as it is in the USA.
When they insisted that women could join Gentlemens Clubs, they gradually closed because they no longer provided a quiet space for men and women don't actually want to use them.

Once the political types and do gooders get their hands on anything they eventually choke the life out of it ,so it's goodbye football and just a question of how long that takes .

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:25 am

rumpo kid wrote:

Boring as f**k

What a ludicrous post.. almost akin to ' I'm not dwarfist, I have a short friend'.

Actually there was a thread on same subject because an English womans international player opened a debate because oriental players are average 6 ins shorter than other continents and she said goals should be smaller to make game more equal! You say ludicrous but have you seen a 5ft 6ins Male goalie recently? Theres not a female goalie who is 6ft in this competition but being 5.6 is definitely a disadvantage against 5.10 ins or more as is the case in this competition.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:

Boring as f**k

Actually there was a thread on same subject because an English womans international player opened a debate because oriental players are average 6 ins shorter than other continents and she said goals should be smaller to make game more equal! You say ludicrous but have you seen a 5ft 6ins Male goalie recently? Theres not a female goalie who is 6ft in this competition but being 5.6 is definitely a disadvantage against 5.10 ins or more as is the case in this competition.

There is a plus side that should not be overlooked. Due to the pace of the game, there is no logocal reason for any slow motion replays.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:

Boring as f**k

There is a plus side that should not be overlooked. Due to the pace of the game, there is no logocal reason for any slow motion replays.

:mrgreen: :notworthy:
Point on goalies goal other night and one today would never have beaten a 6ft+ goalie :thumbup:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:55 pm

I’m not a fan but why complain as it’s completely different to men’s football.
Just like women’s tennis, it’s not as quick and powerful but it’s still ok to watch as long as you take it for what it is.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:50 pm

No

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:02 pm

Who’s got the hottest team? That’s the big question surely?!

Were we actually in the tournament? Or are we cheering on England ffs

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Tuesday's night game ENGLAND v USA ( Semi - Final ) TV Figs will be interesting .

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:56 pm

listen i dont care whos playing, if football is on, i tend to try and watch as much of it as i can. i dont think the goal sizes should be changed, i think one of the big draws of womens football is the high scoring games at the moment, i agree the standard is rather poor even from some of the better teams, but i do believe some of the countries will see that there is a benefit to investing in academies the standard will rise.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:52 pm

Nope

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:56 pm

Is it the Womens 'C' up your headline refers to! Lol ( Bra sizes have always been a mystery to me :)

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:17 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’m not a fan but why complain as it’s completely different to men’s football.
Just like women’s tennis, it’s not as quick and powerful but it’s still ok to watch as long as you take it for what it is.

No.
It's nothing at all like women's tennis. For a start there's more than two of them and they don't have bats or white nickers.
I think what yove been watching is actually women's tennis. This is more like kids football

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:31 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’m not a fan but why complain as it’s completely different to men’s football.

No.
It's nothing at all like women's tennis. For a start there's more than two of them and they don't have bats or white nickers.
I think what yove been watching is actually women's tennis. This is more like kids football

Said that the other day. The comparison should not be what level of men's football is this is, it should be age grade. I reckon about U15 England boys would match the England Women team.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Tuesday's night game ENGLAND v USA ( Semi - Final ) TV Figs will be interesting .

Probably over 8m if other games are anything to go by.! :old:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

No.

Said that the other day. The comparison should not be what level of men's football is this is, it should be age grade. I reckon about U15 England boys would match the England Women team.

I don't know how much truth there is in this, but I read somewhere that an under 17's team from Texas beat the USA women's team 8-3 in a warm up for the World Cup.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:10 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

No.

Silly man.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:14 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

No.

I don't know how much truth there is in this, but I read somewhere that an under 17's team from Texas beat the USA women's team 8-3 in a warm up for the World Cup.

I heard the same Steve and can well believe it.

I watched the England v Cameroon game and quite enjoyed it but that was because of all the incidents and Cameroon threatening to walk off due to a perfectly good goal being scored against them. Funny as.
Then I started the watch the England v Norway game and it was slow, boring shite and I switched it off.