Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mauricio Pochettino says he does not have the final say

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:35 am

POCH: I DON'T HAVE FINAL SAY

29/06/19

Mauricio Pochettino says he does not have the final say on transfers at Tottenham, insisting those decisions are made by chairman Daniel Levy.

In an exclusive interview with Spanish broadcaster TV3, Pochettino said: "At Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, there's not the freedom that Pep [Guardiola] and [Jurgen] Klopp have at Manchester City and Liverpool. Pep has total control of the plan at City. It's a different model at Tottenham and other clubs.

"Selling players, deciding and offering contracts, buying players - it depends solely on the manager, in the case of Pep or Klopp. Things aren't the same at other clubs [like Tottenham]."

When asked who would have the final say on players being sold, such as Harry Kane, Pochettino added: "Our president, Daniel Levy. It's not in my power. I will be asked my opinion and of course I love Harry Kane, but the decision is Daniel's. The same situation for [Christian] Eriksen."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.