Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Yet Another Championship manager leaves '

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:03 am

SHAN LEAVES WEST BROM

29/06/19

Sky sources understand former West Brom caretaker manager Jimmy Shan has left the club and Wesr Brom now looking for a new manager.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150707 :thumbright:

Yesterday

Nottingham Forest today Sacked Manager Martin O’Neil.

With in 18minutes
Sabri Lamouchi has been named as his replacement.

Nottingham Forest have sacked manager Martin O'Neill after just over five months in the job. The Northern Irishman, who won two European Cups with the Reds as a player, was appointed manager at the City Ground in January. His exit comes less than a week after assistant Roy Keane left the club.

Re: ' Another Championship manager leaves '

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:16 am

O'Neil was a brilliant manager 20 years ago when he was at Leicester and was definitely ahead of his time. Not sure going to Celtic was a great idea. Yes he won loads of trophies but that is the minimum in that job and apart from the odd CL games there is no real challenge.

Since then he has lived off past glories and I believe his wife has also been very unwell. He is not the manager he used to be and TBH I wouldn't be too happy about him coming here any time in the future.

Re: ' Another Championship manager leaves '

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:25 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:O'Neil was a brilliant manager 20 years ago when he was at Leicester and was definitely ahead of his time. Not sure going to Celtic was a great idea. Yes he won loads of trophies but that is the minimum in that job and apart from the odd CL games there is no real challenge.

Since then he has lived off past glories and I believe his wife has also been very unwell. He is not the manager he used to be and TBH I wouldn't be too happy about him coming here any time in the future.

Tony, that's a fair analogy and he was great player in his day, too! :thumbup:

Re: ' Yet Another Championship manager leaves '

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:SHAN LEAVES WEST BROM

29/06/19

Sky sources understand former West Brom caretaker manager Jimmy Shan has left the club and Wesr Brom now looking for a new manager.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150707 :thumbright:

Yesterday

Nottingham Forest today Sacked Manager Martin O’Neil.

With in 18minutes
Sabri Lamouchi has been named as his replacement.

Nottingham Forest have sacked manager Martin O'Neill after just over five months in the job. The Northern Irishman, who won two European Cups with the Reds as a player, was appointed manager at the City Ground in January. His exit comes less than a week after assistant Roy Keane left the club.

At least he can fall back on his skills with the accordion and pipe bands

https://youtu.be/OfF9ELhPW1Q

Re: ' Yet Another Championship manager leaves '

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:35 pm

Still can't understand why they sacked their manager last season when they were in a play-off spot .