Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Which defender is leaving then?

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:20 pm

Nelson in and now apparently we are after this guy. All rumours I know, but if this happens who do you think will be on their way out?

https://rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/sid ... al-sorted/

Re: Which defender is leaving then?

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Connelly

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:03 pm

The only defender who I think may be wanted by any other club is Bruno.

Morrison showed last season that he's not quite good enough for the Premier League and I can't see him going to another Championship team as we've got as good a chance as any to get promoted this season.

Same applies to Joe Bennett.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Igovernor wrote:Connelly

No chance, he'll be in his 60s and still be a player for us :lol:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:34 pm

davids wrote:The only defender who I think may be wanted by any other club is Bruno.

Morrison showed last season that he's not quite good enough for the Premier League and I can't see him going to another Championship team as we've got as good a chance as any to get promoted this season.

Not so. Morrison impressed a lot of people in the premiership last year. We know there were a few mistakes but I doubt that they were noticed as much as the way he dominates both penalty areas at set pieces.
He's do better playing in a team which had a right back on the field, and that'd be noticeable to coaches from other teams too.

I wish I shared your confidence that no one would want him, but I certainly hope that you're right about him not leaving

Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 am

I don't think its a case of anyone going, Sol is injured and is north of 34 years, is Nelson a potential replacement. I wonder whether we have seen the last of the big man. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:06 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
davids wrote:The only defender who I think may be wanted by any other club is Bruno.

Not so. Morrison impressed a lot of people in the premiership last year. We know there were a few mistakes but I doubt that they were noticed as much as the way he dominates both penalty areas at set pieces.
He's do better playing in a team which had a right back on the field, and that'd be noticeable to coaches from other teams too.

I wish I shared your confidence that no one would want him, but I certainly hope that you're right about him not leaving

Other than the few poor games he had when rushed back to early from injury I thought he had a very good season.

Also the fact he is a known as a good captain may make people look at him. Especially the newly promoted.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Manga? He'd attract interest from other clubs.

But Connelly needs to leave as he has barely played in the last two seasons.

Or Bamba, now 34 and coming back from a bad injury, he won't be around past next season I would think.

Or maybe 2 of the above hence the signing of Nelson and why we are looking at Soutar.