Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:01 pm

wez1927 wrote:rumour is we are signing him

I'd be happy with that rated him even when he was at hereford
gwentbluebirds

Re: jarrod bowen ?

Postby Sven » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Wez, there's a striker on the way but no names mentioned

Jarrod Bowen could fit the bill, if talk of certain players leaving are correct ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby NIBluebird » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:07 pm

Can't see us spending £12-15m on him
NIBluebird

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Sven wrote:

Jarrod Bowen could fit the bill, if talk of certain players leaving are correct ;)

Would swapping (not literally) Murphy for Bowen be good business? For me. No way.

I'd take him as an extra. But certainly not to replace Murphy.
jimmy_rat

Postby Sven » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:22 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Sven wrote:

Would swapping (not literally) Murphy for Bowen be good business? For me. No way.

I'd take him as an extra. But certainly not to replace Murphy.

I'd like to keep Murphy but it seems he may be on his way with City recouping their initial outlay. It would make sense (even good business) in many ways and signing Bowen for a fraction of the cost could work
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Edwards_ccfc16 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:39 pm

I’d be extremely happy with Jarrod Bowen and a striker coming in, if we get them in we just need 1 or 2 midfielders (Ampadu would be perfect) think right back is covered with Pelts, Richards, Bacuna and Coxe
Edwards_ccfc16

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:I’d be extremely happy with Jarrod Bowen and a striker coming in, if we get them in we just need 1 or 2 midfielders (Ampadu would be perfect) think right back is covered with Pelts, Richards, Bacuna and Coxe

Jesus don't want much do you. :lol: I hope your wishes come true. :bluescarf:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Edwards_ccfc16 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:I’d be extremely happy with Jarrod Bowen and a striker coming in, if we get them in we just need 1 or 2 midfielders (Ampadu would be perfect) think right back is covered with Pelts, Richards, Bacuna and Coxe

Warnock has said he wants 3 more players but I could see us getting 4, spending on 2 and loaning 2. We’ve only spent 2m so far so we still got 13m in our budget
Edwards_ccfc16

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Warnock has said he wants 3 more players but I could see us getting 4, spending on 2 and loaning 2. We’ve only spent 2m so far so we still got 13m in our budget

where are you getting this budget figure from ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:59 pm

Is this a ‘wez’ rumour or a proper rumour mate?
:laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

remember my day and nelson rumour a few weeks back :lol: heres another one for you Etheridge going to liverpool for 17m
wez1927

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:

remember my day and nelson rumour a few weeks back :lol: heres another one for you Etheridge going to liverpool for 17m

Don't want to lose etheridge,but if you are right,17m is cracking return on him :thumbup: let's just wait and see,but maybe the reason for signing day,as backup to Smithies perhaps :?: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:41 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Don't want to lose etheridge,but if you are right,17m is cracking return on him :thumbup: let's just wait and see,but maybe the reason for signing day,as backup to Smithies perhaps :?: :old: :bluebird:

heard its 17m in total the deal not sure how much cash upfront
wez1927

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Must be a chunk up front I'd imagine,definately no relegation cclause :laughing5: maybe based on appearences :?: can't see him getting much game time tho,unless of course Allison suffers an injury,a few cup games otherwise,but must be willing to warm the bench at a top club,good luck to him if he goes,premier league is a pull for him,he has intimated as much in recent interviews. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:23 pm

We almost signed him last season. Didnt want to be the replacement for sala. But did hint that he'd welcome a move in the summer

Signal of intent if we did sign him
bluebird7291

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Must be a chunk up front I'd imagine,definately no relegation cclause :laughing5: maybe based on appearences :?: can't see him getting much game time tho,unless of course Allison suffers an injury,a few cup games otherwise,but must be willing to warm the bench at a top club,good luck to him if he goes,premier league is a pull for him,he has intimated as much in recent interviews. :old: :bluebird:

He's 30 next year and wouldn't think he has earned a huge amount around the lower league. A money spinning move would make his retirement comfortable even as back up.
2blue2handle

Postby Igovernor » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:33 pm

What do you want a striker for :laughing6: Bowen has scored 19 goals from the right wing and 4 assists
Igovernor

Postby Igovernor » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:35 pm

!
Igovernor

Postby Juventus Blue » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:15 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Backup to Smithies?? I’d put Joe Day as number 1 before Smithies any day, (pardon the pun), of the week.
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby davids » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:20 pm

Anywhere near £17m would be great business and it would be very hard to try to keep Etheridge if he wanted to leave even if he would be getting splinters in his arse from sitting on the bench so much.

And that money would be helpful in reducing the debt as I very much doubt that Warnock would want to spend any of it as he seems to be only looking for bargains at the moment and when you think about some of the players who he has spent money on (Smithies, Cunningham, Tomlin, Madine) perhaps it's just as well that he carries on trying to save Tan as much as he can.

His comments that he's not sure about buying a striker are a bit strange and would suggest that he's not looking to spend much if he does bring anyone in and his comment about this being his best Championship squad he's had will need to be looked at when the window closes because if we do lose any of the more important players in the squad he may need to revise that assessment.

If we started the season with what we have now without losing any of our first team regulars and maybe adding a striker then I would be absolutely delighted.
davids

Postby 65Blue » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:16 pm

States on wiki he had an unsuccessful trial with us as a youngster
65Blue

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Juventus Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Backup to Smithies?? I’d put Joe Day as number 1 before Smithies any day, (pardon the pun), of the week.

Really on what basis? Smithies has experienced the championship,and according to some of their fans,is more than capable at this level,can the same be said for Day? :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Juventus Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Really on what basis? Smithies has experienced the championship,and according to some of their fans,is more than capable at this level,can the same be said for Day? :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wez mate, transfer windows would not be the same without you! Haha
nubbsy

Postby davids » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:43 am

nubbsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Just drove past the Spire hospital in Pentwyn and Bowen was outside having a fag with Snodgrass.

Done deal!
davids

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:48 am

davids wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Just drove past the Spire hospital in Pentwyn and Bowen was outside having a fag with Snodgrass.

Done deal!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:02 am

wez1927 wrote:

Nah didn’t see that one mate but keep em coming ;) :lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat