Re: What UK gives away

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:12 am

What gives Annis Abraham Away?

Spanish resident.

Lives in Spain apart of the UK

Mallorca property owner

Children go to Spanish schools

Lives now on the Spanish health system.

Click bait post to raise hits on a spiralling profit based website!

Couldn't make this up! post will be deleted no doubt shortly lol

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:10 am

Daya wrote:What gives Annis Abraham Away?

Spanish resident.

Mallorca property owner

If Annis is a Spanish resident and property owner then that's his business and frankly I don't want to be part of that discussion as I have right to do so.

However, this thread is discussing how much the UK is giving the EU and in return getting very little back which I very much do want to debate.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:26 am

Jock wrote:Those who describe the Tory’s as elite, what’s your view on Junker, Tusk, Barnier and Verhofstadt, do you think they’re men of the people? I’ll keep it simple: we put more in than we take out.

Not in Wales we don't and that is the thing that concerns me most. I have no doubt people in London will see little difference but I do fear for Wales.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:55 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Jock wrote:Those who describe the Tory’s as elite, what’s your view on Junker, Tusk, Barnier and Verhofstadt, do you think they’re men of the people? I’ll keep it simple: we put more in than we take out.

Not in Wales we don't and that is the thing that concerns me most. I have no doubt people in London will see little difference but I do fear for Wales.

Wales needs massive investment in infrastructure, interesting that Farrage is talking about scrapping HS2, spend some of it on the Severn barrage and M4 for a start.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:55 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Direct EU funding into Wales is around £600m we receive around £14 BILLION from Westminster. The EU contribution is about 4% of the Welsh budget. When the UK leaves the EU it will cease to make contributions of £19 BILLION. To fill the void Wales would only need to receive 3% of that £19 BILLION.

Personally I have always thought that EU funding into Wales has been over hyped and when you boil it down to pounds and pence you can see why.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:10 am

Spanish resident.

Mallorca property owner

What is this bollocks all about ?
Nothing you've listed there is either illegal or discreditable.
It's creepy that you should take such an interest in anyone's personal life ,especially where his children go to school.

If you're trying to make some point about the EU you're doing it in a clumsy and unacceptable way by launching this half arsed tirade of insults against an individual - play the ball, not the man - but it's quite possible to own property abroad ,either in EU countries or elsewhere , and still be 100% British. I knew his dad actually, and I can assure you that his family have contributed more tax to the UK than any ten members here during their lifetime, so if that's your point it's nonsense.

I doubt that the Forum makes a huge amount of money, but I certainly hope it does because it provides everyone here with free entertainment and interesting conversation.

The members here are generally a very good bunch, but there are a few bloody nasty individuals who launch surprise personal attacks on others from behind their keyboards, and I'm afraid your post is an example of this . The fact that you probably won't get banned for it disproves your whole implication, because you'd get banned from most forums if you started attacking individuals and mentioning members of their family in the process.

Why don't you apologise ?

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:16 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Don't you know that lots of Welsh people earn money in London and other places outside Wales ?

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:50 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Don't you know that lots of Welsh people earn money in London and other places outside Wales ?

Yep, less than 5% of the Welsh population.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Just to put into perspective what we give away.

As a UK tax payer

Since 11pm, 29 March 2019, the UK has paid the EU £3,035,657,094.17. This could've paid for 33 new hospitals, 131,985 nurses, 115,200 policemen, or even the repair of 57,276,548 potholes. A single pile of what we've paid in £20 notes would be 10.66 miles tall.

Say's it all :thumbup:

Our we could subsidise the rest of Europe ????????????

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:21 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Spanish resident.

Mallorca property owner

It's creepy that you should take such an interest in anyone's personal life ,especially where his children go to school.

If you're trying to make some point about the EU you're doing it in a clumsy and unacceptable way by launching this half arsed tirade of insults against an individual - play the ball, not the man - but it's quite possible to own property abroad ,either in EU countries or elsewhere , and still be 100% British. I knew his dad actually, and I can assure you that his family have contributed more tax to the UK than any ten members here during their lifetime, so if that's your point it's nonsense.

I doubt that the Forum makes a huge amount of money, but I certainly hope it does because it provides everyone here with free entertainment and interesting conversation.

The members here are generally a very good bunch, but there are a few bloody nasty individuals who launch surprise personal attacks on others from behind their keyboards, and I'm afraid your post is an example of this . The fact that you probably won't get banned for it disproves your whole implication, because you'd get banned from most forums if you started attacking individuals and mentioning members of their family in the process.

Apologise for a laugh with a mate - get a grip FFS.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Daya wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Spanish resident.

Mallorca property owner

Good grief :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Daya wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Spanish resident.

Mallorca property owner

Ah, well perhaps it's me who should apologise then, which I do if that is the case.
Having said this , you can see why it appeared to me to be a nasty personal attack. If it'd been serious it would have called for my response but obviously it wasn't .