Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Confident and excited!

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:10 am

Based on our current team, I’m not scared of anyone in this league for once we are the best team in it. I really do believe we will go straight back up.

It will be a 2 horse race between us and Leeds I think but obviously we will come out on top, 3 more additions to an already strong team will get us up!

I’m so excited!! Come on the bluebirds

Re: Confident and excited!

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:44 am

We haven’t seen who’s leaving yet..

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:10 am

JakeBluebird wrote:Based on our current team, I’m not scared of anyone in this league for once we are the best team in it. I really do believe we will go straight back up.

It will be a 2 horse race between us and Leeds I think but obviously we will come out on top, 3 more additions to an already strong team will get us up!

I’m so excited!! Come on the bluebirds

In another thread I mentioned last time we returned to the Championship in 2014. At that time I really believed we had 'the best team in the Championship'.

It is so hard to make pre-season predictions I have only got my prediction right twice in the last decade (although they were the promotion seasons :occasion5: )

At this point looking at the other 23 teams there doesn't seem to be a stand out team. Leeds should be one but there has to be questions about their bottle and stamina on the evidence of their collapse towards the end of last season. You would think Fulham and maybe Huddersfield will be in the mix but both clubs may be suffering from relegation shock as both expected to dodge relegation unlike us who can view relegation as a heroic failure. Also both those clubs spent heavily whilst in the PL when in contrast we were shrewd.

I have a feeling we will be promoted via a brilliant day at Wembley next May.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 pm

I think 3 key players will leave

We need a key midfielder and striker

£20m spend then we'll compete

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Its hard to predict in this league where teams will finish but the target and expectation for us should be top 6 minimum imo.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Its hard to predict in this league where teams will finish but the target and expectation for us should be top 6 minimum imo.

Agreed top 6 should be the minimum, a lot depends on signings/exits.if we lose etheridge and Murphy and one other,then we have to spend that money on quality replacements, although some will say we have with Day,vaulks etc,we will need a speedy,quality winger to replace Murphy, and I believe we will have to spend wisely on a striker,but yeah it's going to be a ride again this year :occasion5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 pm

I wish people would stop talking as if Murphy was already gone.id be very dissapointed and less confident if that happened .
It probably doesn't make much difference if we lose a goalkeeper, but on the whole this isn't the time to sell players, except the naff ones like Madine, Tomlin and to be honest Mad Ken.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:36 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I wish people would stop talking as if Murphy was already gone.id be very dissapointed and less confident if that happened .
It probably doesn't make much difference if we lose a goalkeeper, but on the whole this isn't the time to sell players, except the naff ones like Madine, Tomlin and to be honest Mad Ken.

Who is talking as if Murphy has already gone? If you are referring to myself, please read again,as I said IF we lose him,IF :banghead: I wouldn't want to lose him either :roll: I wish you would stop jumping on people's posts,not likely to happen I know,you or I are no wiser than others,it's just talk on here,all are entitled to post either what they have read,or heard,right or wrong. :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:38 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I wish people would stop talking as if Murphy was already gone.id be very dissapointed and less confident if that happened .

It is usual for relegated teams to the Championship to have their better players pouched by PL sides. NE, JM and NML would fall into that category and therefore fans are bound to speculate about them leaving.