Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

To sing....or not to sing....for Sala

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:06 am

Woke up a bit early this morning, so I started rumbling through YouTube and stumbled across a vid of us singing a song for Sala - link below.

Unusually for me, I started reading the comments, and was quite, well actually very touched. It brought back a lot of those raw emotions that were prevalent a few months ago. It started me thinking, as a new season dawns, what do we do?

Do we still sing a song for the saviour that never arrived, or do we move on? I am totally undecided so I thought I'd put it out there? :bluebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fldNaonDZqg

Re: To sing....or not to sing....for Sala

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:43 am

For me, we move on.

We paid our respects to the lad at the time, it's time to let it go now.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:46 am

RV Casual wrote:For me, we move on.

We paid our respects to the lad at the time, it's time to let it go now.

Agree.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:46 am

The thing is you have to move on some time and a new season I believe is the time too :bluebird:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:16 am

Time to move on.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 am

Move on.

Respects paid .

I think if he'd done a season it's different

Sounds harsh but makes sense

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 am

NIBluebird wrote:Move on.

Respects paid .

Agree with this.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:05 pm

how can we sing it when we are arguing he wasn't our player ? i think we should move on

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:39 pm

It's a no from me.Now the man's been laid to rest like all funerals grieve at the time and move on.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Just my opinion, I don't think we have heard the last rendition of Sing A Song For Sala, I think we will hear it next season and for a few seasons more.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:30 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Move on.

Respects paid .

Agree with this.

Same.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm

I think we’ll hear it this season, when our backs are against the wall, seemed to help the lads kick on and perform last season

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:25 pm

He was sadly confirmed dead on 7th February. We are away to Luton on 8th February, so I think it would be nice if we all sung the Sala song at Luton. Apart from that, I don't really have an opinion either way. If fans want to sing the Sala song, I will join in. If fans want to sing other songs, I will also join in. Any chant we sing creates a positive atmosphere and gets behind the team.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:55 pm

If the song gets started I will happily join in.
I think of the enormous comfort it must bring to the family and shows he is not forgotten.
Regardless of the off field wranglings, investigations and blame games it shows the Cardiff City fans to be impartial and compassionate to a great footballer with ties to our great club.
I have no problems at all with it being continued for as long as the Bluebird family want to sing it.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: