Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Last Chance / Gutted “

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
brettski wrote:Outrageous!They won the league FFS. Annis so sorry your boys have been robbed of promotion. :bluebird:

It is gutting but they didnt win the league, their league is split into 4 groups really and they topped their group.

The 4 group winners play and two teams go up. This is the point where Baleares should have won.

Instead they got chucked back in with the play off teams and in the end I think they lost to a 3rd place group team.

An absolute pain but that's how the 3rd tier of Spanish football is set up.

Wayne, they are Official Champions of Segunda B, Mirandas today won promotion, but were only a 3rd place play off team.

For me it is totally unfair, the 4 region Champions should go up and then teams in play offs from the regions should fight for a 5th promotion place. Thats how most Spanish fans feel it should be as well.

I thought Fuenlabrada were the Official Champions of Segunda B?

They will never get a fifth promotion place for Segunda B. No way will La Liga 2 relegate 5 teams.

Our Championship only relegates 3 so 5 would be unthinkable.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Just gets hotter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
brettski wrote:Outrageous!They won the league FFS. Annis so sorry your boys have been robbed of promotion. :bluebird:

It is gutting but they didnt win the league, their league is split into 4 groups really and they topped their group.

The 4 group winners play and two teams go up. This is the point where Baleares should have won.

Instead they got chucked back in with the play off teams and in the end I think they lost to a 3rd place group team.

An absolute pain but that's how the 3rd tier of Spanish football is set up.

Wayne, they are Official Champions of Segunda B, Mirandas today won promotion, but were only a 3rd place play off team.

For me it is totally unfair, the 4 region Champions should go up and then teams in play offs from the regions should fight for a 5th promotion place. Thats how most Spanish fans feel it should be as well.

I thought Fuenlabrada were the Official Champions of Segunda B?

They will never get a fifth promotion place for Segunda B. No way will La Liga 2 relegate 5 teams.

Our Championship only relegates 3 so 5 would be unthinkable.

Yes over all Champions of all the regions, you are right Incant see them changing the system.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:59 am

Annis, sorry to see the result mate, bloody shambles I will never moan about our leagues play offs again. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 am

Really gutted for Baleares. You often hear how cruel it is losing a penalty shoot out is but surely the way AB have fallen at the last hurdle going out on an away goal to a 3rd placed team after winning their regular season league by a mile is way beyond cruel.

In fairness they went down fighting and hopefully the experience will do them good for another tilt next season.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:54 am

JulesK wrote:Annis, sorry to see the result mate, bloody shambles I will never moan about our leagues play offs again. :ayatollah:

Jules, Cheers it makes ours look perfect.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:55 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Really gutted for Baleares. You often hear how cruel it is losing a penalty shoot out is but surely the way AB have fallen at the last hurdle going out on an away goal to a 3rd placed team after winning their regular season league by a mile is way beyond cruel.

In fairness they went down fighting and hopefully the experience will do them good for another tilt next season.

Cheers Tony, very cruel and seeing the community really really down.

But as you say they will be back :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Atletic Fanatiks still in high spirits
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Last Chance “

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
nins27 wrote:Souds like it was a good game, hay ho as I said they would not turn it around , there is only one Real Majorca.

Win the league, lose on away goals after a performance like that, an absolute shambles

Just found out this nins is a fake/multi idiot.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Devastating for all concerned, hope they can bounce back, next season will be tough I would imagine, how soon does the new season start?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:16 pm

RV Casual wrote:Devastating for all concerned, hope they can bounce back, next season will be tough I would imagine, how soon does the new season start?

I really hope they can bounce back :bluescarf:

New season in August , that’s my worry.