Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff after £11million Winger '

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Cardiff City battling it out with Middlesbrough, Watford, Burnley and Leicester for £11m winger - reports

By Ben James

Sunday 30th June 2019

Cardiff City are battling it out with a host of English clubs for Genk winger Mbwana Samatta, according to reports.

The Tanzania international, who is currently playing in the African Cup of Nations, scored 32 goals last season and would likely cost in the region of £11million.

Fotospor claim that Turkish club Fenerbahce are also interested in the player but believe they are likely to be priced out of a move for Samatta because of his transfer fee.

They report that Fenerbahce would not be able to stump up that fee because of their financial situation.

However, a host of English clubs are also reported to be interested alongside the Bluebirds. Championship rivals Middlesbrough and Premier League clubs Watford, Leicester and Burnley are all rumoured to be chasing the winger.

Lazio and Schalke are also said to be keen on the 26-year-old and could make an offer.

Samatta is under contract with the Belgium club until June 2021.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff after £11million Winger '

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:00 pm

I didn't think this guy was a winger? Maybe a Murphy replacement then?

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:03 pm

Wasn't he one of the names linked early on? :thumbup:

"What Samatta you? Hey, gotta da great-a feet..." :ayatollah: :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:34 pm

If prem sides are after him surely we've no chance.Not convinced on this one.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:If prem sides are after him surely we've no chance.Not convinced on this one.

Get impression that clubs wait to see who we are linked to then hijack the player? As we are always in a fight with premier league clubs a fight we wont win.... :roll:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Sounds like a touting operation. Every club in Europe is after him apparently

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Why 2 threads on same player? I posted one last night :thumbup: bacuna samatta anyone :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm

He is actually a centre forward who can play as a second forward or out wide if required. Leicester City are supposed to be trying to sign him and if this is correct there is no chance of him coming to us. Sounds like he would be a great singing judging on the number of goals he scores but probably going to the premier league rather than the championship.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Sounds like a remash of an old article.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Fake News again

Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:17 pm

Ha

He won't come to a Warnock championship side when Prem boys offer him contract

Fake news

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:26 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Ha

Fake news

There is so much fake news on here it makes BBC look legitimate and that is saying something , I stand by my word and say it as it is freedom of speech , not being a sheep, but that seems to get you a ban on here .

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 pm

nins27 wrote:Fake News again

By sounds of it everything is fake news as far as your concerned so obviously your in the know and guess your a player in disguise on here? :roll:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:47 pm

nins27 wrote:

Fake news

There is so much fake news on here it makes BBC look legitimate and that is saying something , I stand by my word and say it as it is freedom of speech , not being a sheep, but that seems to get you a ban on here .

People are posting articles found or saying what they have been told, no one stating its fact. If you have something to share go for it. :roll:

You just come across as a troll and they should be banned.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
nins27 wrote:

Fake news

People are posting articles found or saying what they have been told, no one stating its fact. If you have something to share go for it. :roll:

You just come across as a troll and they should be banned.

Judging by fact its only his 100th post or so since Oct 2018 he probably has several names on here but have noticed he is blatantly bating annis for some reason :roll:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 am

nins27 wrote:

Fake news

Top Tip: If you stopped posting fake news would fall to almost zero :occasion5:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:42 am

We already have an 11million + winger in Murphy, and is someone who demonstrated exactly what he can on the last day of last season when we beat Man Utd at old Trafford.

If we sell Murphy for 20 million - then fair enough, otherwise Id rather keep Murphy and spend the money elsewhere.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:06 am

If he's scored 32 goals last season he clearly isn't a winger so wouldn't be a direct replacement for Murphy, he clearly plays centre forward. But he ain't coming anyway so it's irrelevant.
Last edited by Llantwit bluebird on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:52 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:If he's scored 32 goals last season he clearly isn't a winger so wouldn't be a direct replacement for Murphy, he clearly plays centre forward. But he ain't coming anyway so it's irrelevant.

Agree, he's 100% a centre forward!

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:17 am

nins27 wrote:

Fake news

Your a sad b*stard fair play.