Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I had a text earlier to say that City are talking to Jar

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:52 pm

LaBamba wrote:Bowen plays right wing, so if he were to come in it would be at the expense of Mendez Laing. Very different player to Mendez, obviously tucks in on the left foot to get a shot off/ cross. Looks tricky in small spaces, but also looks like he loses the ball a lot. Personally, unless this is Etheridge money being spent I dont think it's a smart move. I personally think Mendez Laing is our best player and a back up right wing in the cheap would do fine. Striker is obviously the priority.

It's a great idea. The guy is 22 and has scored 36 goals over the last two seasons. I rate mendez but if we can get this guy for around 10m it would be genius business.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:55 pm

nubbsy wrote:
LaBamba wrote:Bowen plays right wing, so if he were to come in it would be at the expense of Mendez Laing. Very different player to Mendez, obviously tucks in on the left foot to get a shot off/ cross. Looks tricky in small spaces, but also looks like he loses the ball a lot. Personally, unless this is Etheridge money being spent I dont think it's a smart move. I personally think Mendez Laing is our best player and a back up right wing in the cheap would do fine. Striker is obviously the priority.

It's a great idea. The guy is 22 and has scored 36 goals over the last two seasons. I rate mendez but if we can get this guy for around 10m it would be genius business.

Would you take him at the expense of a quality striker? I wouldn't personally but each to their own.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Put mendez laing left wing, hes scored some good goals there cutting in on his right foot

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:15 am

Welsh Giants wrote:

Put mendez laing left wing, hes scored some good goals there cutting in on his right foot

For me the season could live or die on whether we get a new striker in. Whereas I think we have some of the best, if not the best wingers in the championship already. Cant think of another team with a better set of wingers than Murphy, Mendez and Hoilett. For me the missing pieces to the puzzle are a right wing to rotate with Mendez, a cm to rotate with Ralls and a striker. The first two can be done on the cheap/ through Bosmans, the striker cant.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:02 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:A stopped clock is right twice a day, and whilst I'm reluctant to agree with this nins27, who's obviously a bit of a knobber, I suspect that whilst the tip is probably valid, it could be a red herring from the player himself - thus giving it apparent credibility - either to self advertise generally because he fancies a move, or because he wants to set up a move to Cardiff himself.

Maybe I'm attributing devious motives unfairly, but it's been my experience that people are devious bastards to be honest .
Anyway, even if my suspicions are correct, it could still work for us since he's the right standard of player and you could say that it indicates a certain intelligence which,if converted into game winning strategies could be a good thing. Could also be a bad thing though because such cynical expedience in a man is a two edged sword !

I think you're over-thinking things...

Sir James has probably run the rumour through one of his famous algorithms......

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:32 am

According to the mail online Arsenal are preparing a bit for Bowen which would mean we have no chance - IF both rumours are even true!!

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:17 am

The sun are running the Arsenal story quoting 12million

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:37 pm

kimble wrote:The sun are running the Arsenal story quoting 12million

It's even on their transfer news updates,let's hope if true,and we were in for him,we can move on to other targets.not that I'm convinced we were ;) club plays it's cards a lot closer to its chest these days,as it should. :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
kimble wrote:The sun are running the Arsenal story quoting 12million

It's even on their transfer news updates,let's hope if true,and we were in for him,we can move on to other targets.not that I'm convinced we were ;) club plays it's cards a lot closer to its chest these days,as it should. :old: :bluebird:

Should read the Sun are running that story on behalf of Hull City. :lol:

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Are arsenal using him as bait so they land zaha from palace?