Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I had a text earlier to say that City are talking to Jar

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:19 pm

To the above about apparent bitterness.

Yes he didn't want to replace sala. He also said that we are a big club and don't know what the future holds.

To me it was a plee to come and get me. But timing was off

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:21 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:To the above about apparent bitterness.

Yes he didn't want to replace sala. He also said that we are a big club and don't know what the future holds.

To me it was a plee to come and get me. But timing was off

That’s how I saw it at the time.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I had a text earlier to say that City are talking to Jarrod Bowen, reliable source, £10m fee

That's ridiculous ! I don't care how good the source is , £10m is far too much for a text and you should ask for your money back.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:41 pm

Seriously , though, I'm very suspicious because this player claimed that we tried to buy him in January but Sir Neil denied it and said we had no interest .
At the time it seemed that he'd made it up to try and drum up interest from Premieship clubs and so he might be doing that again .
I don't think the fee is either unreasonable or beyond us at this stage, but I'm not a hundred per cent certain he'd suit us.

I'm dubious about someone who seems to have been trying to play both ends against the middle previously, but I will say that he's around the mark we should be signing

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:44 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Seriously , though, I'm very suspicious because this player claimed that we tried to buy him in January but Sir Neil denied it and said we had no interest .
At the time it seemed that he'd made it up to try and drum up interest from Premieship clubs and so he might be doing that again .
I don't think the fee is either unreasonable or beyond us at this stage, but I'm not a hundred per cent certain he'd suit us.

I'm dubious about someone who seems to have been trying to play both ends against the middle previously, but I will say that he's around the mark we should be signing

Could it be a case of JB saying ‘Not just yet, come back in the summer though’
NW would have to deny that he nearly joined us if he had every intention of trying to get him now.
Who knows though?

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:15 pm

How Come your so sure it's fake news then? if you don't mind me asking, sure I seen a thread on here yesterday about someone else has been told that Jarrod Bowen is in talks, Silly season at moment but may be truth in it but may not be only people who know are at the club.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:42 pm

nins27 wrote:The text is more fake news. Hay ho probably get a banning order for calling it out .

Tell me are you real or are you fake, in this thread you have been talking a load of crap, your posts read like a six year old would write. time for you to go to bed now as you have school in the morning!

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 am

nins27 wrote:The text is more fake news. Hay ho probably get a banning order for calling it out .

You've said it about 4 times mate. Crying out for attention?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:09 am

Nins27, bit pathetic really, if you personally don't believe what people have been told fair enough but why go on and on?

Wait in minute, I remember another clown who used to go on and on , are you someone in disguise?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:26 am

nins27 wrote:Annis iv been speaking to an ex mod on here who was a pilot and knows a lot about our club and good friends with SB and he said u don't get any inside in formation any more about anything about our club , I believe him as he is in the know at the club. No disrespect but fact's

So it's 'fact' because you believe your ex-mod ex-pilot friend who gets his information second hand from SB? That is not fact it is opinion. My opinion is after doubting Annis several times in the past myself I have always found him to be far more right than wrong when it comes to all things CCFC.

Unless he is at least 80% certain the information is correct then he doesn't share the info. I would also add that SB is not exactly a big player at CCFC anymore. All decisions are made by VT, Dalman, NW and Choo, SB is peripheral although I wouldn't put it past Annis to have received that text from SB ;)

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:29 am

JulesK wrote:Nins27, bit pathetic really, if you personally don't believe what people have been told fair enough but why go on and on?

Wait in minute, I remember another clown who used to go on and on , are you someone in disguise?

Couldn't agree more. Nins27 is entitled to his opinion but it is based on third hand information and is not detailed enough to make personal claims about AA.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:38 am

Ffs Annis does not do fake news. He shares what he has heard if it is appropriate. What he can’t do is guarantee a deal will happen. We all love/hate this time of year because there are so many rumours and we all want exciting signings. Always causes a buzz.
With Bowen comes goals. He would be a good signing.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 am

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Ffs Annis does not do fake news. He shares what he has heard if it is appropriate. What he can’t do is guarantee a deal will happen. We all love/hate this time of year because there are so many rumours and we all want exciting signings. Always causes a buzz.
With Bowen comes goals. He would be a good signing.

Very good point which often gets overlooked.

If the club make an enquiry for a player it is us showing an interest. Most of the time we won't make the signing for a number of reasons fee, wages, agent, player or other clubs. If we don't sign the player that doesn't mean our interest is automatically 'fake news' it is just the deal didn't go any further.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:14 am

I don't doubt AA had a text but I am wondering if this has got any real legs.Would Hull sell to a rival club?Surely a player of this calibre would be attracting Prem clubs.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I had a text earlier to say that City are talking to Jarrod Bowen, reliable source, £10m fee

That's ridiculous ! I don't care how good the source is , £10m is far too much for a text and you should ask for your money back.

That made me laugh :lol:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

That made me laugh :lol:

Fair play it was a classic :laughing5:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:45 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I don't doubt AA had a text but I am wondering if this has got any real legs.Would Hull sell to a rival club?Surely a player of this calibre would be attracting Prem clubs.

I agree but it could be true we made an enquiry.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am

nins27 wrote:
brettski wrote:If this is true! Would be a fantastic addition and I believe a player that would step up to the Prem. Hope this is real not fake news! :occasion5: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Yes it would be great news but again I can honestly say this is more fake news mate.

Change the record, you’re boring.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am

A stopped clock is right twice a day, and whilst I'm reluctant to agree with this nins27, who's obviously a bit of a knobber, I suspect that whilst the tip is probably valid, it could be a red herring from the player himself - thus giving it apparent credibility - either to self advertise generally because he fancies a move, or because he wants to set up a move to Cardiff himself.

Maybe I'm attributing devious motives unfairly, but it's been my experience that people are devious bastards to be honest .
Anyway, even if my suspicions are correct, it could still work for us since he's the right standard of player and you could say that it indicates a certain intelligence which,if converted into game winning strategies could be a good thing. Could also be a bad thing though because such cynical expedience in a man is a two edged sword !

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:32 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:A stopped clock is right twice a day, and whilst I'm reluctant to agree with this nins27, who's obviously a bit of a knobber, I suspect that whilst the tip is probably valid, it could be a red herring from the player himself - thus giving it apparent credibility - either to self advertise generally because he fancies a move, or because he wants to set up a move to Cardiff himself.

Maybe I'm attributing devious motives unfairly, but it's been my experience that people are devious bastards to be honest .
Anyway, even if my suspicions are correct, it could still work for us since he's the right standard of player and you could say that it indicates a certain intelligence which,if converted into game winning strategies could be a good thing. Could also be a bad thing though because such cynical expedience in a man is a two edged sword !

I think you're over-thinking things...

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:32 pm

Cheers for the tips Annis most of us still like a bit of Cardiff City potential transfer gossip, it gives us something to think and talk about through the Summer, keep them coming :thumbup:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Had same from someone else who called the bobby reid signing last year, not sure if he’s piggybacking off of this post or if there’s more to it though

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:13 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Tell me are you real or are you fake, in this thread you have been talking a load of crap, your posts read like a six year old would write. time for you to go to bed now as you have school in the morning!

Just found he has 7 different names, tut tut and was banned 4 times before.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Id be excited if this comes off. A natural right sided forward/winger whos left footed and cuts in like an arjen robben or mo salah does.

If murphy went wouldnt be too bothered as mendez laing is more dangerous on the left side cutting in on his right foot but murphy and mendez laing competing for that spot then would be great options.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Cheers for the tips Annis most of us still like a bit of Cardiff City potential transfer gossip, it gives us something to think and talk about through the Summer, keep them coming :thumbup:

Cheers, I can only put out what I hear :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Cheers Annis, keep them coming , if you hear it spread it :thumbup:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:23 pm

7 different names , were they sneezy, doc,happy,bashful,sleepy ,grumpy and dopey(the last one is probably is real name)
No wonder he keeps coming up short. ;)

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Just had a nose on one of the Hull forums and they seem to think Bowen will go although no mention of where to.Apparently this is their first season without parachute payments so are having a bit of a revamp.Fraizer Cambell being one of those that have been told he can find a new club.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Arsenal shopping in Poundland...

image1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:44 pm

Bowen plays right wing, so if he were to come in it would be at the expense of Mendez Laing. Very different player to Mendez, obviously tucks in on the left foot to get a shot off/ cross. Looks tricky in small spaces, but also looks like he loses the ball a lot. Personally, unless this is Etheridge money being spent I dont think it's a smart move. I personally think Mendez Laing is our best player and a back up right wing in the cheap would do fine. Striker is obviously the priority.