Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who Remembers?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:48 am

The players entrance, loved going down there, no matter how much we or they hate us, always a great day out :thumbright: :bluebird:

Any Memories lads of your visits to the Vetch Field?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Who Remembers?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:08 am

Yes I remember it well as a referee I got to the vetch quite a number of occasions, when you think about it, as the entrance to a ground that hosted international football it was laughable, and the state of the dressing rooms was worst that local parks facilities. Mind you the old Ninian Park was only a little better ( JUST). :old:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The players entrance, loved going down there, no matter how much we or they hate us, always a great day out :thumbright: :bluebird:

Any Memories lads of your visits to the Vetch Field?

Hi Annis, to be honest we never went there much in the 70's and 80's, i do remember one game (i'm sure it was boxing day) when the gypos had a live band playing on the half way line, either side of the band were two stuffed swans and a cardiff fan climbed the fence run to the half way line and started shagging one of the swans as the band were playing :lol: :lol: i also remember EVERY time we went there we had the freedom of their high street pubs, nerer saw a gypo until we got inside the ground.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Only game I seen there was Swansea V Bristol Rovers and I was in the away end. Proper shit whole :lol:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Yes I remember that game when the guy ran on the pitch and gave the swan one while the band played on