Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Camarasa

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Hoping for Premier League interest apparently. Available for £13 mill.

Not that he would ever come to the Championship but £13 mill for a player of his quality is something that we should at least put an enquiry in for. Especially if Premier clubs don't come knocking?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/01/d ... ster-show/

Re: Camarasa

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:27 pm

100%, we should blow our whole budget on him, and bring in a winger and centre mid on loan. Camarasa would rip the championship apart with ease and I’d be confident we’d go straight back up, he’d be the best player in the whole league if we had him by a country mile.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Depends if he liked it here really imo.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:53 pm

I'm sure they have already had a conversation with him and Betis. Personally I'd rather we didn't waste our time waiting for a player that's massively unlikely to come (we did that last summer). Get the players we need in now.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'm sure they have already had a conversation with him and Betis. Personally I'd rather we didn't waste our time waiting for a player that's massively unlikely to come (we did that last summer). Get the players we need in now.

For all he brought to the team,would Deffo be worth the asking price,but as you say,we had our fingers badly burnt, waiting on grujic.can't afford to be kept hanging around again,I'm sure a mid to bottom end prem team will snap him up anyway :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:57 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I'm sure they have already had a conversation with him and Betis. Personally I'd rather we didn't waste our time waiting for a player that's massively unlikely to come (we did that last summer). Get the players we need in now.

For all he brought to the team,would Deffo be worth the asking price,but as you say,we had our fingers badly burnt, waiting on grujic.can't afford to be kept hanging around again,I'm sure a mid to bottom end prem team will snap him up anyway :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

I can't see him being short of offers at that price, at worse a loan to the prem again for a few.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:28 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Hoping for Premier League interest apparently. Available for £13 mill.

Not that he would ever come to the Championship but £13 mill for a player of his quality is something that we should at least put an enquiry in for. Especially if Premier clubs don't come knocking?

Wasn’t he available for 3-5 million when he came to us? We should have put a clause in that deal whereby we had 1st refusal to buy after the loan for a said price, why dont we sort these things I’ll never know....Arter would be great in the championship too.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:19 am

goats wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Hoping for Premier League interest apparently. Available for £13 mill.

Wasn’t he available for 3-5 million when he came to us? We should have put a clause in that deal whereby we had 1st refusal to buy after the loan for a said price, why dont we sort these things I’ll never know....Arter would be great in the championship too.

I agree to a point, but the trouble is that if the players don't want to come they won't, cluase or no clause. I'd love to spend another season watching Camarasa but it won't be at the CCS unfortunately.

We know he is Premiership quality and at that price he'll have no problem finding a Premiership team if that's what he really wants.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:42 am

JulesK wrote:Depends if he liked it here really imo.

I agree and my personal feelings are he will think been there done that.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 am

goats wrote:

Camarasa has always been highly rated and Betis signed him for €7m the summer before. If we could have got him for 3-5m, we'd have bought him outright.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:46 am

We did have an option to buy him. It was 15M though

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 am

Surely a premiership club will come in for him. Man's a class act.
I'd love for us to get Arter back. Seems a more plausible transfer.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:46 am

We should offer £16m and see what happens.
The only possible inducement to beat premiership clubs would be a big fee and he'd be worth it. I think it's most unlikely though

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:30 am

CF3BLUE wrote:Surely a premiership club will come in for him. Man's a class act.
I'd love for us to get Arter back. Seems a more plausible transfer.

Agree, I think he would be a huge signing in the championship and would give us that little bit of extra quality we need.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:54 am

He won’t play Camarasa and Reid together though and I have faith in Reid to rip this division apart.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm

maccydee wrote:He won’t play Camarasa and Reid together though and I have faith in Reid to rip this division apart.

Agreed,Reid is a proven No 10 in Championship, Camarasa would not cope with tackling in Championship,Warnock wasn’t happy with his personal physios overruling Cardiff’s medical team and not letting him play in a couple of games last season!