Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ANOTHER GREAT SIGNING ON THE CARDS FOR NEXT WEEK "

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:25 am

Everything has been agreed with Agents, He is coming down Next Week to talk,On loan for This Season, With a View to signing at the end of This Season for £2.5 million. Great Player. VT putting part of the Wages up.
Carl Will Reveal ALL TONIGHT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jones has told Gerrard to go to Sheffield Wednesday for the remainder of This Season, This will also Free up Wages.

Re: " ANOTHER GREAT SIGNING ON THE CARDS FOR NEXT WEEK "

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:27 am

Glenn?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 am

Oh so Shay has decided to come after-all :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:29 am

michael owen ? rio? :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:Everything has been agreed with Agents, He is coming down Next Week to talk,On loan for This Season, With a View to signing at the end of This Season for £2.5 million. Great Player. VT putting part of the Wages up.

Jones has told Gerard to go to Sheffield Wednesday for the remainder of This Season, This will also Free up Wages.

Hi Annis,

How can we do this, we've already got 4 season long loans ?

Given that Gerrard is going out on loan - which I think is good news, it has to be a Central Defender. So the posters guess of Loovens must be a good one ! :ayatollah:

Exciting times for our club.

Als the best news is that they are already planning for next year which means Tan has committed for the long run.

U-jean's train set is getting bigger and better :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 am

Jonathon Woodgate or Danny Gabbidon.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:34 am

What is jonesy playing at gerrard one of our best cb I would prefer him than hudson

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:35 am

Tim, we can have 4 over 23's and 4 U23's on season long loans.

Only a total in 5 in the match squad though.

We've got Drinky as the U23, and Koumas Oli and Bellers as the overs.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:35 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Everything has been agreed with Agents, He is coming down Next Week to talk,On loan for This Season, With a View to signing at the end of This Season for £2.5 million. Great Player. VT putting part of the Wages up.

Jones has told Gerard to go to Sheffield Wednesday for the remainder of This Season, This will also Free up Wages.

Hi Annis,

Given that Gerrard is going out on loan - which I think is good news, it has to be a Central Defender. So the posters guess of Loovens must be a good one ! :ayatollah:

Als the best news is that they are already planning for next year which means Tan has committed for the long run.

Tim, I dont know the every Fact about the Deal, Just that he Agent has agreed a Deal and We have first Refusal to buying him for £2.5 Million at the end of the Season, Nothing is done till a player Signs, But he is Def coming down Next Week and then lets hope he Signs. Over to Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:36 am

zakccfc wrote:What is jonesy playing at gerrard one of our best cb I would prefer him than hudson

Thats Why I dont like Jones, once he falls out with you, thats your career over at Our Club.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
zakccfc wrote:What is jonesy playing at gerrard one of our best cb I would prefer him than hudson

Thats Why I dont like Jones, once he falls out with you, thats your career over at Our Club.

I disagree, it certainly looks like Gerrard hasn't looked after himself this summer and found the local delight that is Clarke's Pies. He is over weight and from what I can gather he was poor in pre season. DJ is doing the right thing on this occassion sorry!

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Not strictly true though Annis.

If as reported he fell out with Jay he's certainly made amends there.

As for Gerrard, he's carrying extra weight and what I've seen of him thus far this season, he's not be fantastic.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:40 am

to be honest gerrard was awful against burton and needs to shed some timber in my opinion

is the new player a centre back annis?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:40 am

Dange wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I disagree, it certainly looks like Gerrard hasn't looked after himself this summer and found the local delight that is Clarke's Pies. He is over weight and from what I can gather he was poor in pre season. DJ is doing the right thing on this occassion sorry!

But Gerard and McCormak have only gone like that after Falling out with DJ.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:42 am

Dan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Not strictly true though Annis.

If as reported he fell out with Jay he's certainly made amends there.

As for Gerrard, he's carrying extra weight and what I've seen of him thus far this season, he's not be fantastic.

Dan, I agree he still playing, but Not a good feeling between them, I promise you, but DJ really Needs J.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:44 am

Lawnmower wrote:

Hi Annis,

Tim,
Drinkwater is under 24 years old, thats why :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:45 am

You Calling Ross fat Annis? :lol:

Gerrard is going for a "season" but do you see him playing again for Cardiff?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Everything has been agreed with Agents, He is coming down Next Week,On loan for This Season, With a View to signing at the end of This Season for £2.5 million. Great Player. VT putting part of the Wages up.

Hi Annis,

Tim,

If the player is coming from Scotland then international loans are unlimited too.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:52 am

Cheers Dan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:52 am

Great Signing :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Hi Annis,

Tim,

Great news. Thanks. Didn't know about that loophole.

Also cheers to Dan for also pointing it out.

As for Gerrard he's not been picked before his 'falling out' its clear Jones prefers Hudson (so do I :lol: ) and if he's got another one coming in then its the right move to loan Gerrard out - I beleive he WILL become a decent player, but needs to sort his positioning out , temperament and fitness. Loan is a good move.

Similar for McCormack, he's not played due to Chopra - if he was the best player in his position any personality differences would be sorted (as they have with Bothroyd), Jones wouldn't risk the clubs and his own personal success by dropping players purely on the basis of arguments. He just beleives the other options are better (as I do).

Like you said earlier this week -no excuses this year.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:56 am

Tim, Yes NO Excuses This Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I dont think that's entirely true annis, Jones has fallen out with Bothroyd, Chopra, Gypes, Gerrard, etc. this is just part and parcel in football. Nobody sees eye to eye with some one constantly with the amount of time they spend with each other! Anyway, It's great sometimes that this happens. Emotion, disagreements, passion, making up is all good, the men stand out from the boys. The club moves forward and any serious issues are sorted and players move on.

Gerrard in my opinion doesnt look the best right now, he's seems to have slowed down in the last two games, i know its early days but you have to remember JONES is the one who spends the days and nights with the players and inspects their progress and training. He is the manager and he makes the decisions.

The club and Jones have acted sensibly and profesisonally over the last feww months, and i for one respect and support him and the club on all fronts right now!

Great time to be a Cardiff fan!! :ayatollah:

P.S. - I think the new player could well be Loovens, Seeing as we have first refusal ? (Ledley to Celtic favour ?)
I'll look out to see if Loovens plays today for the hoops! ;)

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:07 am

Gerrard? WTF? We are shot at the back as it is.
Hope it is Messi.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:24 am

Maybe not a centre back - Riggott seems to be filling that berth - maybe cover for Jay?????

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:26 am

lets stop guesing who it might be lets all enjoy todays game(win i meant to say) and read carls post tonight when well no for def who it is nice one carl what time can we expect your exposea

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:28 am

I've rated Gerrard at his best but we can get better. I'm a bit confused as to why Gyepes and Hudson have started ahead of him though. I have faith in Jones mind and if he thinks it is best then I will back that decision. A couple of you are right, he has put on a bit of extra weight, as had McCormack, however is this because their will to play under Jones has gone?

I will reserve judgment until I see who this loan signing is. If it's a centre back then I will agree that Gerrard is right to go for both him and us.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:
But Gerard and McCormak have only gone like that after Falling out with DJ.

Maybe, Annis, but...

Gerrard, mcCormack are proessional footballers.
They make a living through keeping their bodies in peak performance.

Getting pissed up and crashing a car due to falling out with Jones, returning to club overweight, seemingly making little effort to get back into peak shape cannot be excused by falling out with the manager.

That's down to their lack of professionalism.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:42 am

Wheres Carl to reveal, the suspense is killing me!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:44 am

Thats Why I dont like Jones, once he falls out with you, thats your career over at Our Club.[/quote]

I disagree, it certainly looks like Gerrard hasn't looked after himself this summer and found the local delight that is Clarke's Pies. He is over weight and from what I can gather he was poor in pre season. DJ is doing the right thing on this occassion sorry![/quote]

But Gerard and McCormak have only gone like that after Falling out with DJ.[/quote]

But surely that is down to their mental strength, whereas in Jay who falls out on regular occurrences with DJ has that mentality to deal with it and Gerrard dont as yet and as for Ross, he is his own downfall.