Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ANOTHER GREAT SIGNING ON THE CARDS FOR NEXT WEEK "

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:45 am

Given at CCS today I wonder..............?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 am

I pray to god it's not Woodgate or Gabbidon. Bot are really I jury prone to the point that Woodgate is consdwrin retiring. Loovens lwould be my choice although Jermain Pennant is another like name. We'll have to wait and see if Carl spills tonight

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:56 am

nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
But Gerard and McCormak have only gone like that after Falling out with DJ.

Maybe, Annis, but...

Gerrard, mcCormack are proessional footballers.
They make a living through keeping their bodies in peak performance.

Getting pissed up and crashing a car due to falling out with Jones, returning to club overweight, seemingly making little effort to get back into peak shape cannot be excused by falling out with the manager.

That's down to their lack of professionalism.

It doesn't reflect well on their strnegth of character.

If you are dropped get over it, get fit prove yourself in triaing day after day. If this doesn't work, get fitter work harder, stay later, if that doesn't work ask what you need to improve, work on that, take extra training sessions, show how much you are prepared to do to get your place back,...etc...

Not get pissed and get fat - thats feeble.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 am

nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Maybe, Annis, but...

Getting pissed up and crashing a car due to falling out with Jones, returning to club overweight, seemingly making little effort to get back into peak shape cannot be excused by falling out with the manager.

Nerd on that I agree they have also let themselves down. Look at Feeney he stayed fit/trained hard and Never once went out on the piss.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:07 am

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
zakccfc wrote:What is jonesy playing at gerrard one of our best cb I would prefer him than hudson

Thats Why I dont like Jones, once he falls out with you, thats your career over at Our Club.

I dont think that's entirely true annis, Jones has fallen out with Bothroyd, Chopra, Gypes, Gerrard, etc. this is just part and parcel in football. Nobody sees eye to eye with some one constantly with the amount of time they spend with each other! Anyway, It's great sometimes that this happens. Emotion, disagreements, passion, making up is all good, the men stand out from the boys. The club moves forward and any serious issues are sorted and players move on.

Gerrard in my opinion doesnt look the best right now, he's seems to have slowed down in the last two games, i know its early days but you have to remember JONES is the one who spends the days and nights with the players and inspects their progress and training. He is the manager and he makes the decisions.

The club and Jones have acted sensibly and profesisonally over the last feww months, and i for one respect and support him and the club on all fronts right now!

Great time to be a Cardiff fan!! :ayatollah:

P.S. - I think the new player could well be Loovens, Seeing as we have first refusal ? (Ledley to Celtic favour ?)
I'll look out to see if Loovens plays today for the hoops! ;)

And McCormack had major drink and weight control problems in Scotland before he even came to City. Motherwell found him particularly hard to handle.

Keith

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Maybe, Annis, but...

Nerd on that I agree they have also let themselves down. Look at Feeney he stayed fit/trained hard and Never once went out on the piss.

Never a problem with his attitude. He just had 2 better players in front of him. Thats why he had a queue of clubs after him at the end of his contract and why his career will go on for years.

How is he getting on now ?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:50 am

If it is a centre back coming in then the Gerrard loan makes sense in the fact we free up wages. Maybe Jones is hoping Gerrard works hard on loan and comes back with the same attitude Darcy Blake did as Gerrard has the potential.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 pm

zakccfc wrote:What is jonesy playing at gerrard one of our best cb I would prefer him than hudson

Very poor judgement as demonstrated by his 30+mph drive through a packed car park could easily have killed someone.