Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New signings???

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Read online that NW says we would need to offload players before signing anyone else? Bit scary considering some of the crap we have and on high wages! Is this a sign that only freebies or loans will come in now? :shock:

Re: New signings???

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:12 pm

He bought most of the crap. Would rather he get loans and freebies, he has more success with these.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Read online that NW says we would need to offload players before signing anyone else? Bit scary considering some of the crap we have and on high wages! Is this a sign that only freebies or loans will come in now? :shock:

Don't you recognise the Warnock shuffle by now Allan - he's just doing his thing of messing the press around on matters like this

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Think Connolly and Healey will be gone, possibly Madine or Bogle (or both) if we get another striker, although I can see Bogle having a big part to play but other than that I can’t see anyone else leaving

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:47 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Read online that NW says we would need to offload players before signing anyone else? Bit scary considering some of the crap we have and on high wages! Is this a sign that only freebies or loans will come in now? :shock:

Don't you recognise the Warnock shuffle by now Allan - he's just doing his thing of messing the press around on matters like this

The NW 2 step yes! but usually a prelude to why didn't sign messi or Ronaldo prefer it if said nothing.... :thumbup:

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Think Connolly and Healey will be gone, possibly Madine or Bogle (or both) if we get another striker, although I can see Bogle having a big part to play but other than that I can’t see anyone else leaving

Not sure madine going anywhere we have tried to ship him out but like yoyo he comes back! Bogle Healy likely to go not sure about Connelly as any need cover at the back.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Think Connolly and Healey will be gone, possibly Madine or Bogle (or both) if we get another striker, although I can see Bogle having a big part to play but other than that I can’t see anyone else leaving

Not sure madine going anywhere we have tried to ship him out but like yoyo he comes back! Bogle Healy likely to go not sure about Connelly as any need cover at the back.

We have Manga, Bamba, Morrison and Nelson as centre halves, don’t think we need Connolly aswell.. plus pelts can play their if it’s really needed but highly unlikely :lol:

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We have Manga, Bamba, Morrison and Nelson as centre halves, don’t think we need Connolly aswell.. plus pelts can play their if it’s really needed but highly unlikely :lol:

Musnt forget Patterson as right back? Bamba out until xmas but knowing NW record on injuries be out until may 12th? :laughing6:

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Musnt forget Patterson as right back? Bamba out until xmas but knowing NW record on injuries be out until may 12th? :laughing6:

Bamba is already back in training and it was reported that he could be included in pre season, I don’t believe it but it’s just what I’ve seen, think he’ll be back by late September though

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Bamba is already back in training and it was reported that he could be included in pre season, I don’t believe it but it’s just what I’ve seen, think he’ll be back by late September though

That be good but thought ACL injuries are about 9mnths out generally?

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Normally, but you need to remember, this is Sol Bamba. THE Sol Bamba. The guys different breed. :lol: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Normally, but you need to remember, this is Sol Bamba. THE Sol Bamba. The guys different breed. :lol: :bluebird:

Yes he is... :walk: :naka:

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:52 pm

well 5 have gone casmara harris o'keefe gunnarsson and arter good save on their wages plus he has brought in 3 day vaulks and nelson. so we are saving on two wages. yet Warnock says more have to go before he can bring in more players . not sure about that one. looks like a striker on the back burner again.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:02 pm

I seem to remember some posters saying nobody would want to do business with us after the Sala controversy. I think most of us knew this would not be the case, and that most, if not all clubs would have acted with due dilligence just as we did.

That's all gone a bit quiet right now, be interesting to know what sort of progress is being made. I assume our budget may be linked to whatever we may have to pay out, if anything. I would guess all the cash has been placed into some sort of holding account until the situation is resolved.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Half the problem is NW buying players and not playing or using them so have no idea how good they could be? Plus got players who under perform but are more than capable to being good assets in championship but NW doesn't know whether to stick or twist with them? Can only see a midfielder of some quality coming in.