Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Euro 2016

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:41 pm

Not sure if anyone else noticed but the Wales v Belgium game was on S4C last night.

Not sure it was possible to cry tears of joy watching a replaying of a game from 3 years ago, but I did.

What a night. Even more emotional with Welsh commentary.

Re: Euro 2016

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Wayne S wrote:Not sure if anyone else noticed but the Wales v Belgium game was on S4C last night.

Not sure it was possible to cry tears of joy watching a replaying of a game from 3 years ago, but I did.

Had work at 6am but couldn't turn down watching it, Robson Kanu goal got to be the best in history let alone Wales. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:43 am

Wayne S wrote:Not sure if anyone else noticed but the Wales v Belgium game was on S4C last night.

I found this by accident and was glued - the dog joined in the cheering when we scored, rest of the house thought I was mad!

Happy days.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:06 am

Anyone know who the co-commentator was?

He didnt do much talking around the goals as he just "lost it" every time.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:14 pm

I knew it was on but was in Scotland and cannot get on catch up on bbc i player s4c is on that, but only goes upto 9.30pm. Bugger

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:Anyone know who the co-commentator was?

He didnt do much talking around the goals as he just "lost it" every time.

It's Malcolm Allen. Can't get enough of him when Wales are playing on S4C. Beats any English commentary by a country mile when you hear that much passion.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Was able to take in much more of the players after the game.

Most were running around like mad men. But Vokes was just stood there in shock and, whatever you think about him, Ashley Williams had his head in his shirt and was nearly in tears.