Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stoke city...

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:00 am

Stokes new manager as told 8 players they are not required including record signing at £18.5m total cost of players is £49m! He also brought in 5 players in one day, all the consequences of relegation and excessive wages but it does show how well we have done on being relegated with no need to sell to balance books. :old:

Re: Stoke city...

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Stokes new manager as told 8 players they are not required including record signing at £18.5m total cost of players is £49m! He also brought in 5 players in one day, all the consequences of relegation and excessive wages but it does show how well we have done on being relegated with no need to sell to balance books. :old:

Yup. Much happier with a steady club financially than splashing the cash on silly transfer fees and astronomical wages. :thumbup:

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:04 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Stokes new manager as told 8 players they are not required including record signing at £18.5m total cost of players is £49m! He also brought in 5 players in one day, all the consequences of relegation and excessive wages but it does show how well we have done on being relegated with no need to sell to balance books. :old:

Yup. Much happier with a steady club financially than splashing the cash on silly transfer fees and astronomical wages. :thumbup:

And the culprit is mark Hughes hes done it several times now to clubs buying average players at inflated prices wight wages to match...

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:43 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

And the culprit is mark Hughes hes done it several times now to clubs buying average players at inflated prices wight wages to match...

Hughes a true Welshman gets a lot of criticism on this board yet he relegated the Jacks with Southampton and has never been relegated from the Premier League unlike our own manager who has also never had a bad buy?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:03 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hughes a true Welshman gets a lot of criticism on this board yet he relegated the Jacks with Southampton and has never been relegated from the Premier League unlike our own manager who has also never had a bad buy?

Takes your money makes your choices never rated Hughes even with Wales his tactics ultimately cost us place in finals.. may never been relegated but didn't stay that long at club before getting sacked mainly because of way his teams played, nearly always started well but then slowly went down hill and as I said spent wildly which left legacy for most clubs to beare.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:31 am

Totally different. They were an established Premier club. Of course their finances are gonna be different.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:36 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

There's loyalty and then there's blind loyalty for the sake of it.How many times has he been sacked before a club was he was managing was relegated.A perfect example of using a statistic to distort the truth.I can think of lots of managers of all nationalities I'd have here before I'd have Mark Hughes.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

There's loyalty and then there's blind loyalty for the sake of it.How many times has he been sacked before a club was he was managing was relegated.A perfect example of using a statistic to distort the truth.I can think of lots of managers of all nationalities I'd have here before I'd have Mark Hughes.

Southampton were in great danger until they got rid of him and other clubs did same like said overrated.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:38 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hughes once stated (quote): “I don’t do relegation. There are a lot of managers who have a badge of honour that they’ve never been relegated. I’ve never been relegated because I’m too busy trying to get in top 10s. I’ve never been near it so I’m not going to start now, am I?”

That's because he jumped ship from Stoke City (a horrible little club) before the ship sank and was sacked by QPR before they went the same way ;)

I've no axe to grind with Mark Hughes (liked him as a player and he did okay for his country's football team) but I wouldn't want him at our club and Vincent Tan wouldn't tolerate his spending requirements