Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KENNY JACKET: BIDS TURNED DOWN FOR REPORTED CITY TARGET

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:34 am

Kenny Jackett confirms he's turned down bids for Cardiff City, Leeds United and Middlesbrough target Jamal Lowe
By Tom Coleman

The Pompey boss is determined to keep one of his star performers at the club

Lowe is one of several players to be linked with a move to Cardiff City this summer, while the likes of West Brom, Leeds United and Middlesbrough are also believed to have shown an interest.

Millwall and Wigan have both reportedly had bids rejected this summer, and the player is believed to be open to a move away, although suggestions of a formal transfer request have been played down.

The strength of Cardiff's interest is unclear at this stage, although there's no suggestion that they've made a concrete approach for the 24-year-old at this stage.

Lowe was one of Pompey's star performers in League One last season and, despite the intense speculation over his future, Jackett is desperate to keep him at Fratton Park.

He told the Portsmouth News : "I would like to keep Jamal.

"As usual with Portsmouth there’s a high level of speculation when not much has happened behind the scenes.

"We’re only just into July and the Championship window is August 8 with League One and League Two September 2. That’s where it is.

"Jamal is not someone I want to lose and the bids have been turned down so far.

"What will happen now, we’ll see, but it will be great to keep him and build on it.

"Players do move on, but I would like to keep Jamal - 100 per cent."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: KENNY JACKET: BIDS TURNED DOWN FOR REPORTED CITY TARGET

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Its probably just a small bid turned and last time I looked Kenny Jacket doesn't own Portsmouth.A decent id will secure his services Jacket's blessing or not.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:56 pm

Apparently Jackett wants Bogle so throw him in to deal for free!

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Not better than anything we currently have in that position. Move on quickly I hope.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:54 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Not better than anything we currently have in that position. Move on quickly I hope.

Better than Harris who’s just left surely