Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John McCririck has died

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:46 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/48881290

I am a little devastated, grew up watching him on C4 in 80s / 90s and although he was mildly bonkers he was absolutely hilarious, his celeb wife swap with Edwina Curry was one of the funniest reality TV things i've ever watched

RIP Big Mac :cry:

Re: John McCririck has died

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Hugely controversial, rude and offensive at times...but also one of the funniest people on tv, a genuine showman and a very good journalist in his early career

RIP big man

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:50 pm

I meet the guy a few times - my best memory was the day i was at Cheltenham to watch Desert Orchid win The Gold Cup .

He was the last person i spoke to before the race -I Asked him who he fancied " Get On Dessie " - He said ...

He got it right on that day and that was the best day i had at the races .... RIP Big Mac .

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:36 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Hugely controversial, rude and offensive at times...but also one of the funniest people on tv, a genuine showman and a very good journalist in his early career

RIP big man

He was crude and a man of his time. But one hell of a character RIP

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Lung cancer killed him, he was too weak for treatment, the Booby said his life fell apart after his sacking, apparently off camera a very well spoken intelligent lovely bloke, RIP Big Mac

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:03 pm

He’s funeral is next Thursday in Ascot @ 10/1.
No seriously good pundit :old: