Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Josh Murphy says he's staying

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Excellent news that Josh Murphy has given an attributable interview in which he's made it clear that he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City. If accurate, and it seems as solid as these things can be to me, that's excellent news for everyone .

During his interview he also speaks of an ambition to play for England and, as I said here long ago, he has the potential to perhaps do that one day.

He's one of a number of quality players we now have and ,in my opinion , must hold onto even before we start strengthening the areas where we have problems. I'd been a bit concerned actually that we might strengthen the midfield at the expense of losing players like Murphy and therefore create a different problem.

Re: Josh Murphy says he's staying

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:52 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Excellent news that Josh Murphy has given an attributable interview in which he's made it clear that he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City. If accurate, and it seems as solid as these things can be to me, that's excellent news for everyone .

During his interview he also speaks of an ambition to play for England and, as I said here long ago, he has the potential to perhaps do that one day.

He's one of a number of quality players we now have and ,in my opinion , must hold onto even before we start strengthening the areas where we have problems. I'd been a bit concerned actually that we might strengthen the midfield at the expense of losing players like Murphy and therefore create a different problem.

I think he has huge potential, and think he came in for some unfair criticism last season. He does need to step it up a level and become more consistent but I think he has whats needed.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Also glad he is staying, but he did drift or seem to loose interest at the back end of the season, neil also noticed and he was dropped.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:55 pm

:wave:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Excellent news that Josh Murphy has given an attributable interview in which he's made it clear that he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City. If accurate, and it seems as solid as these things can be to me, that's excellent news for everyone .

:wave: Josh

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:53 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote::wave:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Excellent news that Josh Murphy has given an attributable interview in which he's made it clear that he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City. If accurate, and it seems as solid as these things can be to me, that's excellent news for everyone .

:wave: Josh

Seriously, I really hope he stays but if anyone from the premier league comes knocking he’ll go imho.