Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOSH MURPHY DROPS HINT ON FUTURE

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:21 pm

Josh Murphy drops huge hint over Cardiff City future amid Chelsea and Schalke speculation
By Tom Coleman

Friday 5th July 2019

The winger has seemingly caught the eye of admirers elsewhere

Josh Murphy insists he remains focused on helping Cardiff City bounce back to the Premier League.

The winger arrived at the Cardiff City Stadium last summer in a £11m and was one of Cardiff's brighter performers as they suffered relegation back to the Championship, scoring three goals and bagging two assists in 29 appearances for the Bluebirds.

His performances were enough to draw the admiring glances from other Premier League sides before the end of the season, with Burnley and Crystal Palace reportedly showing an interest.

The likes of Chelsea and, most recently, Schalke, have also been mentioned as possibilities, but Murphy insists he his attention is fully fixed on helping Cardiff make an immediate return to the top flight.

When quizzed on the speculation, Murphy told Goal.com : "I can tell you I took no notice of it [being linked with Chelsea]. I don’t know if there’s any truth in it, but I took no notice of it.

"I wouldn’t say it is a distraction, stuff like that is always going to happen. There is a fine line about it being true and not true.

"It is just something that I would never look into too deeply. It is the end of the season so you always get stuff like that. I see myself staying at Cardiff. Then we go from there.

"You never know what the future holds but as of now I am a Cardiff player and I am gearing up to get ready to fight for promotion to the Premier League.

"I have only been here for a season and I love it here. That’s my priority - to be at Cardiff and get Cardiff back to the Premier League."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: JOSH MURPHY DROPS HINT ON FUTURE

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:22 pm

I'd love it off he stayed here for the coming season :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Murphy can be a big player in champioship

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Sven wrote:I'd love it off he stayed here for the coming season :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

100% agree,he sounds committed, but money, as usual will talk :( hope he stays,and tears the championship up with us :ayatollah: :bluebird: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Wouldn’t have thought he would be at Chelsea’s level quite yet. Hopefully he stays and gets another good season in. :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:22 pm

No way he is going to Chelsea they have better players than him in there reserves.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Chelsea have a transfer embargo, so that isn't happening

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Chelsea have a transfer embargo, so that isn't happening

I was shocked at Chelsea reference for the reasons above .

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:52 pm

Perhaps we can get his brother in on loan - doesn’t look like he’s required at Newcastle to me... :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 pm

He needs to check his attitude if he stays, it’s no good or no help smashing the ball into the disabled fans or into the top tier of the grandstand when things aren’t going his way